ViperC

Please help me !!!

i am looking at getting Two Sundown Audio SA-12 D2s and i am wondering if i should get them 4ohm or 2 ohm and i was wondering if there are any amps in the 200$ price range that can power them good to make them hit. they will be in my single cab GMC sierra and i am wondering if anyone has heard these subs and if they are LOUD i am looking for LOUD pls help me!

0801001524.jpg

will you have enough room for 2 12's in there? i remember when i had a 93' chevy single cab there wasnt much space. sorry i cant help you though

sweet truck though, i like!

Edited by bcst86

will you have enough room for 2 12's in there? i remember when i had a 93' chevy single cab there wasnt much space. sorry i cant help you though

yeah i have enough room lol i have a 10 inch box behind my seat lol with room to spare and those 12s are only 6/4 deep

If I had this truck I would make a blow thru. Did you consider that?

15 years ago I had a standard cab S10 with a blow thru. Two Lanzar 15's and an XTant 800w amp. Sounded good at the time.

Good luck with this.

yeah i have enough room lol i have a 10 inch box behind my seat lol with room to spare and those 12s are only 6/4 deep

Depth for the drivers is NOT what is required for room. To answer your question you first should post the maximum size box you can fit.

And 6.5" deep for a driver + pole vent clearance 1" + MDF front and back 1.5" + excursion clearance 3" = 12" depth, but again that is unimportant as volume/cubic feet determine what you can run.

For instance, keeping everything else equal an 8" sub in an optimal box will be louder than the same series of sub in a 12" size in a box that is too small. Install is EVERYTHING and that means building a box that is specific to your drivers. Box first, ALWAYS.

Depth for the drivers is NOT what is required for room. To answer your question you first should post the maximum size box you can fit.

And 6.5" deep for a driver + pole vent clearance 1" + MDF front and back 1.5" + excursion clearance 3" = 12" depth, but again that is unimportant as volume/cubic feet determine what you can run.

For instance, keeping everything else equal an 8" sub in an optimal box will be louder than the same series of sub in a 12" size in a box that is too small. Install is EVERYTHING and that means building a box that is specific to your drivers. Box first, ALWAYS.

^^^^What ///M5 said!!!!

what about any amps for 200$$$ ??? any good ones

Every now and then their'll be some HERE

Other than there you'll have to do your own research, Craigslist, eBay, SSA classifieds, etc.

Basically milk the internet and she'll give you your milk. But you gotta get the bucket and squeeze the utter first (requires effort).

If you want a nice amp for under $200 I still have a MB Quart DSC1500.1D in the for sale section for $150 with free shipping. I only used it for 2 months. It does 1500wrms @ 1ohm. I would also get (2) dual 4ohm speakers. That way you can wire them to 1ohm.