650rcode

4" vc Fi BL 12

Ordered this bad boy on black Fiday and it's finally here! It was funny watching the UPS guy strain his back while he carried the box to the front door. After opening the box and unscrewing the top cover I was surprised by how beefy the sub was for a 12. The cone was extremely stiff to push down and the size of the magnet is huge. Unfortunately I won't be able to power the sub until the new enclosure is finished and the rest of the car is set up. Anyway here are some pics of the new toy.

IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

Very nice woofer!

I like it.

:drink40: Awesome sub, what kinda amp are you going to power it with?

That is one mean looking mofo. :) Let us know how it sounds.

:drink40:

I'm going to power it with a RF t1500-1bdcp.

the enclosure for the sub is almost done but I'm having trouble deciding what to do for the baffle and the port. Its going to be a spare tire well box so the bottom is fiberglass and only the top baffle will be MDF, the depth of the box is only 9 inches internally. doing a slot port would be difficult to do because of the lack of straight walls and it would have to be extremely long to achieve the tuning that i want. i was looking into doing 2 4" aero ports for the 12"BL. I have a gross volume of roughly 3.04. after all displacements i end up with tuning of 33.29 and net volume of 2.53, but port area per cubic foot is 9.93, is this too small for the sub. I heard that you can get away with a smaller number here with aero ports vs slot ports. Additionally the ports would have to bend because of the 20" length and shallow enclosure. hope someone can chime in and help out so i can start playing with my new toy soon. thanks.

Doesnt seem to be available anymore for the BL's.

Yea... i noticed that as well

Yea... i noticed that as well

whats even more weird is that its not available for any of them anymore :ughdunno::WTFBubble:

It was only ever available for the BL series. But... 4" is going somewhere ;)

Sweet, sounds dirty.

So can we still get the bl's with the 4" coil?

So can we still get the bl's with the 4" coil?

Right now it doesnt look like it since that option is not available on the website.

Not on the BL... used it as a little feeler for 4" coiled subs. And as they sold pretty good, we will have 4" coils show up elsewhere in the line soon :)

Nope... something new :)

More info in a week or two. Sorting through tooling for things and want firm dates before too much gets said.