morgan8119

Icon, ssd, or q?

I'm looking to get a new 12" sub, I will be porting the sub, and I want spl, what do you guys think, I am looking for the best sub for the money.

If you're looking for spl then throw the Q out of the options.

iv seen a 12 q break 150. q's can be loud

If you're looking for spl then throw the Q out of the options.

iv seen a 12 q break 150. q's can be loud

Indeed they can get loud,

BUT

That is not what Fi designed the subs to do. Do you suggest the manufacturer does not know the capabilities of their own subs?

I'm looking to get a new 12" sub, I will be porting the sub, and I want spl, what do you guys think, I am looking for the best sub for the money.

None of those subs you listed. Get a BTL.

Get some funky pups, people will hear you from 100ft away.. easy.

I have already owned a btl and made the mistake of getting rid of it, the only problem was that the btl because I had stock electrical clip ridiculously, so any other options, plus the btl is a little out of the price range.

I have already owned a btl and made the mistake of getting rid of it, the only problem was that the btl because I had stock electrical clip ridiculously, so any other options, plus the btl is a little out of the price range.

I think the ssd or bl (if it's in your price range) will satisfy.

Sorry, but a subwoofer has nothing to do with the electrical. That would be your amp. Subs don't cause clipping, lack of power to make power does.

EDIT*

If you have stock electrical, go with the SSD

Edited by bimmerboy

Yeah I realize that Hzd, what I meant to say was that the btl takes around 2k and i was running that off of an aq2200d, because of all the wattage coming from the amp on stock electrical, it was clipping.

A friend of mine has owned both a Bl 12 and SSD 12. The Bl is noticably louder. For one 12 I could not believe the amount of amount. However, both subs performed extremely well and I cant imagine that you would be disappointed with either. Good Luck.

So a bl will be better than an icon no doubt?

If you mean better as in louder, then yes.

depends, what amp are you going to power it with? will you upgrade your stock electrical?

Yeah I realize that Hzd, what I meant to say was that the btl takes around 2k and i was running that off of an aq2200d, because of all the wattage coming from the amp on stock electrical, it was clipping.

The logical thing to do there is turn it down...

Sundown Zv.2 12" can get nasty loud. IA DR series would be another great option.

The BL is a great driver and you should be more than happy with it.

You can buy used if you're tight on budget. Get a used BTL or bl, save the cash to buy a good battery or some 0 ga wire (and connectors) to do the big3.

It's hard to compare a Sundown SA to a Fi BL or an Icon : different subs, different goals, different categories.

If you have a 2200 watts rms amp, you don't need to turn the gain to the max. Set the gain where the amp can play safe, without clipping your sub. You don't need to have it up high !

If you have a good box, you can be loud enough on less power than the max recommanded by the manufacturer.

good luck bro !

I did not see Duran's post, but yeah : turn it down !!!

I no longer have a 2200 watt amp I have a 1200 watt amp, and where could I get a used btl or bl from?

looks like there still might be one for sale here from a member.

Both the bl and the icon are great products. My understanding is that the bl will get louder but the icon will most likely sound better. If you are only concerned with being loud than you may want to look into spl box designs. Getting loud depends more on the box than the subs when you are comparing quality drivers like the icon and bl.

i love my BL 12. its pretty loud