dodo502

sub/amp combo help

Im wanting to purchase new subs for my explorer once i get my tax return. i previously had 2 15" kicker L7s in a ported box power by a memphis mojo 2400 amp. id like to stick around paying a 1000.00 for subs/amp/head unit. maybe a little more. id still like to get 2 15's. i had the last sytem 4 years ago so ive been out of the loops on good sub/amp combos. could i get some recommendations please. im wanting to be very loud, not to worried about SQ either.

check out Fi's BL's. If you ask me a BTL would give you what you want but 2 15" BTL's will put you over budget. as for amps look at sundown's.

I'd say 2 BL's powered by an AQ 2200, provided you have the electrical to back it up.

If you're looking to go a little cheaper look at the SA-15's from Sundown and an AQ 1200. With this amp you could keep stock electrical, but as always the big 3 is recommended.

I'd say 2 BL's powered by an AQ 2200, provided you have the electrical to back it up.

If you're looking to go a little cheaper look at the SA-15's from Sundown and an AQ 1200. With this amp you could keep stock electrical, but as always the big 3 is recommended.

where can you buy the Fi's at? havent been able to find many places? and what is the "big 3"? and what are BL's? sorry im new to these acronyms!

ficaraudio.com . BL is a line of their subs, you will see on their website. big 3 your gonna have to do a search, pretty easy but im in a hurry and gotta run. sure someone will tell you here.

A lot of choices out there, choose wisely grasshopper.

:drink40:

A Sundown SAX-1200D matched with any of the higher power handling 15" from the SSA Store would be a great combination. Easy on the electrical as well.

What about Digital Designs, RE Audio, MMATS, Kove audio? any of those or JL w7s

If you're willing to buy used, you could probably get yourself a pair of AQ HDC3's and an AQ3500D.1.

A pair of DC Level 4's and Sundown SAZ2500.1 wouldn't be out of the question either...

You are getting a bunch of crap replies and some good ones. :(

Do you still have your L7's? What about them do you want to improve? How much space do you have? ....

You are getting a bunch of crap replies and some good ones. :(

Do you still have your L7's? What about them do you want to improve? How much space do you have? ....

///M5 what are your suggestions? i dont have the L7s anymore. sold them about 4 years ago and am just now getting back into SPL. i was very happy with how loud they were. i had no complaints and i will go with them again i was just wondering if there was something a little louder, better quality etc for around the same price/performance. theyre going in a full size explorer so space shouldnt be a problem

There are an infinite amount of sub/amp combinations that will get loud. However, if your only goal is getting loud you may want to switch your focus from sub/amp combos to box design and placement in your vehicle. Granted, subs such as Btls and Level 5s can get very loud. But an ssd or level 3 in the right box can get louder than a btl or level 5 in the wrong box.