keetykush

Hearing Lost

Nope since everything else goes downhill anyway as you get older, i will always have a system just nowhere near as loud as I like them nowadays.

Sub bass frequencies aren't as detrimental to your hearing as you would think, you need to watch out for loud midrange etc music.

What did you say?? :shrug:

Of course the level of distortion that subs put out when you really push them usually reaches up into the midrange...

What did you say?? :shrug:

:roflmao:

Sub bass frequencies aren't as detrimental to your hearing as you would think, you need to watch out for loud midrange etc music.

Curious why you think that. Don't mistake correlating hearing sensitivity to damage and even worse don't forget what masking does to confusing you on what is loud.

Of course the level of distortion that subs put out when you really push them usually reaches up into the midrange...

And just adds more fuel to the fire.

Just another quick note on hearing. It is the one sense that you have that is the best the day you are born. It gets worse from then on out and NEVER gets better. It may become more trained, but physical capability you lose some everyday. You get to choose how fast you lose it though.

yes i care about my hearing alot so i dont bump for long

:ehh: but your name is SPL Man???

Anyway, driving is bad for the ozone layer, soda is bad for my kidneys, most foods are bad for me in some way but none of that stops me from enjoying it.

if my ears start to hurt.. i turn it down. ;)

I am worried about losing my hearing but then again they do have hearing aids right! lol

I am worried about losing my hearing but then again they do have hearing aids right! lol

yeah, and there super cheap too... :suicide-santa:

This guy I know started to lose his hearing by 30 years old from his system - he just upgrades when it sounds quieter.

I experienced temporary hearing loss a couple of years ago. I lost my hearing for close to a month, it was not fun.

I live at around 5,500 ft elevation and drove over two Colorado mountain passes that reach around 12k ft. I was deathly sick with a head cold and my ear's never equaled out when I was driving. All I could hear was mono tones for a month. I had to start reading ppls lip's. It was scary.

I experienced temporary hearing loss a couple of years ago. I lost my hearing for close to a month, it was not fun.

I live at around 5,500 ft elevation and drove over two Colorado mountain passes that reach around 12k ft. I was deathly sick with a head cold and my ear's never equaled out when I was driving. All I could hear was mono tones for a month. I had to start reading ppls lip's. It was scary.

I've never had anything that severe, but for some reason unknown to me, one of my ears felt like it was "plugged" and I could only hear out of my other ear for about two months. It drove me nuts...

Point is, you don't miss something til it's gone, and in this case, your fucked.

My ears pop easily, I can go upstairs and there plugged up (the elevation change does not have to be that steep). Driving up a small hill can have the same effect sometime, if I normally sleep on a first floor and spend the night at a chick house and she sleeps on the second floor I wake up with plugged ears. I cant fly cause nothing helps and my ears are in pain through out the whole flight and later that day.

I never had dramatic hearing loss but every now and then I get the random test tones in my ear like im doing the hearing test we used to do in elementary school where you raise one hand when you hear the beep.

i had tubes put in when i was a little kid and my parents were worried i'd really screw them up with any type of sound system. i've had some type of system in my car/truck for the last 4 years and after my doctor's appointment on friday i found out i am in the top 1% hearing in the 2K hz range (normal speaking voice range i was informed) and am top 5% for the rest. So obviously it hasn't caused any problems for me as of yet. I plan on going bigger too so who knows

if my ears start to hurt.. i turn it down. ;)

At that point your already causing horrible damage.

My ears only hurt in 165+ db bass course I have been 1/3 deaf my whole life.

I bump full tilt whenever my daughter isn't with me and in the morning and any other time unless im in a neighborhood im usually bumpin pretty loud, I was riding the bass is less harmful to your ears train, but if thats not true then :ughdunno:

Isn't it unique to each person?? Obviously after alot of exposure to sub bass frequencies at high DB is going to do damage, but where is the borderline?? Whats the safe limit?? Over here for SPL comps we must wear ear muffs, as they warn from 110DB can permanently damage hearing!! My current boot install is roughly 140DB on music, (reading 145 on an EPic 160) And its only on some frequencies it tickles my ear, not hurt but only tickle.

hearing loss doesn't have to be painfull. Pain is normally associated with pressure on the ear drum. Once the nerve endings inside the coclear are damaged from "over working" they are non repairable. The only solution is to go straight to the brain. See the above pics

the way i look at it is if it makes me go deaf atleast i wont have to hear my ol lady bitch lol

LOL true, and by the time Its after drastically affecting my hearing, they should have new and advanced hearing aids :D