sundownz

Sundown Neo-Pro 8 and 10 (Midrange)

Been working on these for a while but haven't said much... but Andy @ Vex has posted some videos so figured I'll open it up now -- some photos :

CIMG4247.JPG

CIMG4248.JPG

CIMG4249.JPG

CIMG4250.JPG

CIMG4251.JPG

CIMG4252.JPG

I have requested spring loaded terminals for production since I hate spades... also will have our logo on them.

They are all single 8-ohm so more can be wired to one amp -- the 200.4 can power 32 of them :)

Flat, tied down tinsel leads as I could still hear lead-slap on mid-bass heavy material on our first sample... good quality paper cone... vented neo motor for high power handling.

What is different ? Well... we made a real CAR speaker here. They will have great mid-bass in IB or sealed -- this sacrificed some of the sensitivity rating but if you ask anyone that has heard them output is NOT a problem and the gain in mid-bass, especially in IB, is WELL worth it.

Most PA style drivers have ultra high sensitivity as they are made to run PORTED in a PA environment... almost nobody ports them in a car. We also chose Neo as when you get several of them in a door weight is a BIG issue with ferrite PA drivers.

In any event... there they are.

Pricing will be about $99 on 8s and $115 on the 10s on the pre-order.

Im definitely getting a pair of 8"s, is that $99 per driver or for the pair.

Im definitely getting a pair of 8"s, is that $99 per driver or for the pair.

Per driver.

sweet, can't wait to see them out in some build logs and people's thoughts on them :drink40:

double post ftw :P

Mounting depth on 8s is like 5"-6"?

wow impressive! i was actually looking for a pair of killer mids to slam into my rear doors! what is the depth on these?

like total length?

:woot:

New 8" midbass' coming when the doors are finally completed.

Interesting. I would think most people would only run one driver of this size per door let alone 32 of them. Why make them 8 ohm? I know sundownz have tons more insight then I do on this.

Power handling and frequency range????? These would be up for consideration, was about to throw down on some B & C 10NW64 10" (Frequency response: 50-2,500 Hz, 300 watts RMS/600 watts continuous program, Xmax: 8 mm).

Specs if you have them would help me/us for being prepared for pre-sale. Thanks!!

Power handling and frequency range????? These would be up for consideration, was about to throw down on some B & C 10NW64 10" (Frequency response: 50-2,500 Hz, 300 watts RMS/600 watts continuous program, Xmax: 8 mm).

Specs if you have them would help me/us for being prepared for pre-sale. Thanks!!

Yeah, I would like to see some parameters also.

I'll put up some specs soon.

As for the application -- most people in the market for this type speaker buy LOTs of them. May sound crazy but that is what is going on in many places in the USA and globally :)

if i picked up two of these I think I would wire them in parallel then run them off of a 125.2 lol! at 4ohm which would mean what 200rms per driver! lol!

also how much depth is required for these speakers! it looks like a good 3-4inch! if so I have that to spare lol! summer project here i come! lol

I'll put up some specs soon.

As for the application -- most people in the market for this type speaker buy LOTs of them. May sound crazy but that is what is going on in many places in the USA and globally :)

Huh.... Are Brazil's mobile parties catching on over here?

Supertweeters in the works?

Nice move. These are going to really fill a niche. Tons of people want output and are incapable of dealing with a three way and the commercial offerings cause too much of a midbass/midrange trade-off to be applicable in vehicle.

I have an application or two for these as well, but it would be for a passive set in a boat so I'll need to Damar them or something. I do have a little more space than a car though, but am very curious to start modeling. 2nd caveat for the application is a requirement for only a fairly simple passive design as I want to keep the parts cost down. ie, I am subsribed as well :)

Why make them 8 ohm?

No real benefit in 4. Everything is a trade-off. The only benefit I can think of is that people will think they will be louder when they are 4 just because they don't understand audio very well and will relate the mids to how their subs are.

I look forward to these products!

have the graph of response?

you can already order?

you can already order?

I'll have more information soon.

Ordering isn't open yet.

you can already order?

I'll have more information soon.

Ordering isn't open yet.

ok, you have a hypothetical date of arrival?

(single 8ohm?, single 4ohm no? or Dual 8ohm?)

"Neo-Pro Prototype 10 in a small sealed box in our shop for demo purposes. First with tweeter and relatively steep subsonic -- then with no tweeter on full range top-end and minimal subsonic filtering. Obviously my Casio camera microphone isn't the most accurate so there is a good bit of microphone distortion especially when close to the speaker."

Hmmmm, 2 of those would look very nice in the doors of my next SUV :wub:

I suspect we were also reaching amplifier limits being wired to 8 ohm on one channel -- obviously as we get more units in stock in vehicles better examples can be given.