Sign in to follow this  
markak134

need a little bit of help

im looking for a 270 amp alt and i sent a email to dc power i have a 2002-2.7L dodge intrepid i asked the guy he said they jeep wrangler ones will fit on my car he send me a link but the link took me to all the alts page and not the one i need so what year and motor is that one that will work with my car

One for the same year would be fine.. Because your PCM really wont drive an XP to it's full potential, you really should run our PCM bypass/internal regulator kit on your car.. You can *not* run it and be fine, but it just wont drive it as hard as the new Chrysler PCMs will.. It will still do good, but they are set to a pretty low voltage, and most people aren't happy with 13.8v, even with 180 amps at idle behind it. They assume that low voltage = low output.. If you have any other questions though, feel free to ask.. Thanks again, Rob

would the 180 amp you offer be ok for a sundown 3000 amp and some deka intimidator batteries

ok ive decided to save up and buy the 270 amp ill probaly be ordering it in 2 weeks so can you show me a pic of what the pcm thing you sell looks like

does the engine have to match for it to work cause mines 2.7 and the jeep is 4.0 does that matter

does the engine have to match for it to work cause mines 2.7 and the jeep is 4.0 does that matter

As long as the mounting brackets line up & both engine use similar belt routing I don't see why not. If you have a picture of your engine/alternator it would help.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'm gonna say it should. The alternator in the Jeep 4.0 engine is mounted at the top of the other side, but it looks as if the mounting brackets line up. As long as they accept returns I'd atleast give it a try.

Edited by 00WJGC

so will it work

Yes, in your engine it will. Its not an easy install, but the jeep mounting and that mounting are identical. They are just rotated 180º the way they mount.. We've done a few of these though, so I am 1000% certain that this does work on that engine. If you have any other questions though, please dont be afraid to ask... Rob

so will it work

Yes, in your engine it will. Its not an easy install, but the jeep mounting and that mounting are identical. They are just rotated 180º the way they mount.. We've done a few of these though, so I am 1000% certain that this does work on that engine. If you have any other questions though, please dont be afraid to ask... Rob

That's why I was hesitant to tell him it would work. lol

...the bracket on the alternator he posted is identical to the mounting on my Jeep's, but it's kinda hard to compare when one's upside down. =]

i have a volt meter and it says like 14.3 volts and it will go to 14.4 if im driving fast then it falls down so wont this new alt keep the volts around 14

i have a volt meter and it says like 14.3 volts and it will go to 14.4 if im driving fast then it falls down so wont this new alt keep the volts around 14

It should sit around 15v, depending on load, engine rpm, hot vs cold weather.

My 270xp sits at 15.xxV and with a saz1500d at full tilt at IDLE, say 14.xxV

You'll be happy, :)

yea but dont i have to bybass the computer to get it that high how do i do this

yes i cant wait im ordering my alt next weekend and then my system will be running again

idk why but my cd player was skipping idk if it was cause of the bass vibrating it or the volts were dropping too low and the amps cut out for a secound the headunit is secrured

Edited by markak134

so if i order my alt tomorrow when does it ship do you have them already made or do you have to build them

Sign in to follow this