Lschevy

loudest $300 sub

As the title says what is the loudest sub for that price? does the L7's still have the crown?

You have a nice ass. :wub:

Does it need to perform musically? or just tones?

$300 new only? You can get a lot of used higher output drivers for $300...

ones that i can think of are the fi ssd's, ssa icons, and the sundown sa series.

Btls, Mayhems, Level 5s, Wardens, etc. are the loudest drivers youre going to find. However, these subs are out of your budget. Like stefan said, your best bet is to try and pick one of these drivers up used for a reasonable price within your budget. Spend some time searching the classifieds. Also, unless you have one already, you must account for the cost of an amp. SPL drivers , like the ones previously stated, are made to handle extreme amounts of power. Therefore, you are going to need an amp that can satisfy these beasts. A solid amp could run you upwards of 500 dollars new so you may want to search the classifieds for some amps too.

Edited by Deto1992

Btls, Mayhems, Level 5s, Wardens, etc. are the loudest drivers youre going to find. However, these subs are out of your budget. Like stefan said, your best bet is to try and pick one of these drivers up used for a reasonable price within your budget. Spend some time searching the classifieds. Also, unless you have one already, you must account for the cost of an amp. SPL drivers , like the ones previously stated, are made to handle extreme amounts of power. Therefore, you are going to need an amp that can satisfy these beasts. A solid amp could run you upwards of 500 dollars new so you may want to search the classifieds for some amps too.

:sleepwerd4:

Don't really know your goals, vehicle, space constraints, amps, etc. But if you have the space and are on a budget, may be better off going with more cone area and less power. A few new or used entry level subs with ~500-1000watts total or what ever can still get plenty loud. But hard to help or give advice when we don't know the rest of the plan. :peepwall:

Sundown SA series pretty much takes the cake if that is your budget for a new woof

There is no such thing as "loudest sub."

Audioque HDC3 (Kicker L7 and Crown don't belong in the same sentance, except for sub with the worst sound quality they got that down pat)

As the title says what is the loudest sub for that price? does the L7's still have the crown?

Is this serious? :puzzled:

If it is :roflmao:

Audioque HDC3 (Kicker L7 and Crown don't belong in the same sentance, except for sub with the worst sound quality they got that down pat)

They can be made to sound wonderful

Just like with any sub, it just takes more effort and know-how.

Just like with any sub, it just takes more effort and know-how.

You said it well, it applies to ANY speaker.

Sundown SA series pretty much takes the cake if that is your budget for a new woof

agreed, quality subs from 8-15"

There is no such thing as "loudest sub."

+1 this thread is a joke

No limit on box size?

Maybe just 60+ Hz?

This is the loudest single sub you could get....

My link

10ft3 box tuned at 50Hz would get you well into the high 140s with less than 1000 watts....

i should have made the title best $300 or less sub, but anyway i want to be different from everybody around here because everyone around here thinks kicker subs are the best, for example when you tell someone you have a L7 or a cvx its like :woot: so i want something that will play louder and sound better. i want about 1600-2000 max per sub with about 4 cubes per sub

hopefully a Crescendo 3KWP or something similar to the power im still searching for possible candidates

Check the classifieds section, I think there was some Sundown SAZ-3000's available.

I have seen alot of loud single subs.....9 out of 10 times though some kid show's up with

a alpine type R in an ugly silicone box and an abortion of an install and blows it away by a db....LOL

it's not the sub....spending the time testing different boxes/configurations will make any $300 sub loud

BTW....

aint no way to make an L7 sound good..I have tried..square subs sound like they are chewing down a good meal

when the hz drop to the floor...

I have seen alot of loud single subs.....9 out of 10 times though some kid show's up with

a alpine type R in an ugly silicone box and an abortion of an install and blows it away by a db....LOL

it's not the sub....spending the time testing different boxes/configurations will make any $300 sub loud

BTW....

aint no way to make an L7 sound good..I have tried..square subs sound like they are chewing down a good meal

i never thought being different would be so hard lol

BTW....

I strongly disagree. I have done it several times, and heard several good L7 installs. They have also been successfully used in several SQ competition vehicles, although we don't need to open this discussion.

Then you didn't do something right.

Being square has nothing to do with it.