Lschevy

SA-15

:morepower1: =play louder

Lol then pay for a woofer that's meant to take that kind of power. Yes, it's a beefy, ballsy speaker but they were rated at 600 for a reason. If they were meant to be fed 1500+ or even 1000 they would be rated higher. Yes headroom is awesome and will make your amp run cooler and whatnot but just think about it this way.

1. You have a heat glove. It's made to withstand six 100 watt lightbulbs.

2. It's a nice heat glove so you trust it to protect you against about 7-8 lightbulbs.

3. Now take those 7 lightbulbs, double them. Add three more for the hell of it.

4. See if you don't burn the living shit outta your hand. That's what you're trying to do to the SA-15 :suicide-santa:

Edited by An-i-no

What sub is comparable to the sa-15? And will two ported with about 1700 a piece produce better results that four with 1k each?

No, it will not produce better results, because they will be dead. It's a 600 watt rated sub. There are people doing 1000 a sub without problems though. A REAL 1700 watts a sub would only be good for a burp.

Also an FYI, currently Dual 4's are out of stock at Sundown till February, however woofersetc might have some in stock.

Last time I checked woofers ect had some.

I got one from them but I have to get 3 more. My sub arrived in 3 days after order so fast shipping or maybe I was lucky

Edited by Fearz

I might try to get a sub that can take that amount of power rather than stressing a sub not meant to take that kind of power

I might try to get a sub that can take that amount of power rather than stressing a sub not meant to take that kind of power

Better question, what 1700 watt amp do you have?

dont have one yet.

dont have one yet.

Then why are you worried about an SA15 taking 1700 watts daily, or getting a sub that will work on 1700 watts?

got a pair running off 1500 watts rms and in a 8 cube box. thing wangs!