Sign in to follow this  
mariobjones

Fi X-series 10

Hey I'm new to this forum and I'm wanting to buy 3 fi x series 10s. Will the rockford fosgate p1000 or would the p700 be a better fit?? looking to build a fiberglass box with 2.8 cuft. All input welcomed!!

System currently looking like

Headunit-Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Front Speakers- 2 Kenwood 6.5 330watts Components

Tweeters- 2 Crescendo Super Tweeters

Back Speakers- 4 Kenwood 500 Watt 5-Ways

Amps- 1 Rockford P400 4-Channel

Battery- 1 Kinetik 1800watt Battery

Wiring- Knu Koncepts 4 gauge, Tsunami RCA's, and Tsunami 0 gauge grounds,

upgraded big three with 0 gauge Tsunami

What impedence are you planning on running on the trio?

Either amp should fit the bill just fine. Does budget pursuade the choice?

Even though they are rated at 300 watts rms you should still be ok with the P1000. Be smart with the volume control and set the gains properly.

I thinking on either that or either 4 fi x series 10s with 2 of those amps. Which would you prefer? Running 2 subs per amp @ 2ohms each amp

Unless you can link (strap) those amps I would not advise running two seperate amplifiers. Gain matching can be tricky with two seperate amplifiers.

You mean same setting on both amps? I mean I have good vision lol. But seriously it can't be much of an hassle. Only thing that's bothering me on that is I don't wanna waste that kind of money on two of those amps and not be able to use their "almost full" power. If that makes any sense.

First of all, you'll never hear any difference between 500 watts and the 600 watts it would take to give them "full power". Gain matching the amps will be a big deal IF the subs are all sharing the same airspace in the same enclosure. Gain matching isn't too bad to do, just need a test tone CD and a DMM. Both amps must be adjusted together and the output voltage matched with the DMM.

Anyway, the notion you need to put full power to a sub is a myth. There's nothing wrong with doing so or even over powering as long as you know what you're doing, head room can be a great thing but it absolutely is not necessary nor recommended in certain applications. It all depends on what the goals and design call for. If your budget and electrical will allow for it, get the 4 and run two of the P1000's you'll be plenty happy. If it would be easier to fit the budget and electrical system with 3 subs and a single P1000 then go that route.

They will most likely go in two separate enclosures if I do 4 subs, it would be easier on my part to do so, being that this application is going into a trunk rather than suv. They will be the exact replica's of each other " boxes that is". I will post vies and video's of process of install. Thanks for all the input guys, really helped me, to see from different point of views.

Wait, you have components and additional tweeters?

Yes I do, you would have to hear my set-up in person. Extremely clear, while at same time loud.

Just wondering, were the highest octaves from the component tweeters lacking or something? I know I have not heard your install, just seems like there is a lot in terms of "tweeters" in your car including the "5-way's".

Comin out of nowhere with this but, why not get two more powerful drivers (maybe Bls, Icons, death rows, etc), and save some space rather than 4 Fi X 10s. Im assuming you are not taking out the backseat so why not think about something in the 2 driver direction rather than 4 and save some trunk space?

I'm really just testing out dirrent systems bro. My previous systems include 2 15 p3 rockfords, and 2 12 kicker cvx's. Haven't really been through and heard many subs, so yeah, I'm open to all opinions bro. I have a friend that had two fi btl 18s and the fi audio really impressed me on how low the notes hit. And I have the super tweeters in the rear deck, thinking on taking those out, and installing another set of components in back door which now doesn't have any back door speakers. By the way, my car is an 2002 grand prix 40th anniversary will post pics of how it looks.

@denim and your absolutely right, Im thinking about removing the super tweeters. Any inputs on how you think I can make my system better?

@denim and your absolutely right, Im thinking about removing the super tweeters. Any inputs on how you think I can make my system better?

All depends on your goals, based on your equipment, it seems like output is the primary. The issue with all the tweeters is imaging and cancellation.

Sign in to follow this