swagger_wagon468

To good to be true? 50ft 1/0 OFC for $49.25 shipped???

so... i am going to install my sub and amp soon and im tryin to find some 1/0 ga OFC wire for a good price. i found this on ebay...

its 50ft of 1/0 OFC for $49.25 shipped?!?!

i dont think there is any way that anyone can get 1/0 OFC for less than $1/ft shipped.

anyone tried this stuff? also, i was looking at the picture of the stuf. and if that is the actual product, that shit is like 80% jacket. so more like 8ga...or sumthin. ya kno?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-1-0-GAUGE-50-FEET-POWER-CABLE-WIRE-RED-OFC-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem255defb30bQQitemZ160489779979QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

^if this is junk (which it probly is..)... then the stuff below will be my next questions. :fing34:

... and i was looking at KnuKonceptz and the 1/0ga amp kit is $100 and it comes with a total of 23ft of power and ground wire. and fuse holder with fuse, ring terminals, split loom.

i know that everyone says its cheaper to piece together amp kits. (hence the reason for me looking into 1/0 wire...) but 25 ft of 1/0ga from weldingsupply and fuse holder with fuse from knu equals like 95$. so i figured just go with the Knu kit. any other ideas?

thanks.

jonathan

Edited by swagger_wagon468

it looks like a lotta' jacket. but you could ask them to measure for you, see what they're working with. I bought a 1/0 kit from knu, was happy with it. i like the convenience of it, it's all from the same place and im ok with spending a couple dollars on that rather than shopping around. BUT they are out of the klarity RCA cables.. which sucks

^^^What watts09 said^^^

eBay has some real junk wire retailers. I bought some 4 gauge Bullz Audio brand and it is more like 6 gauge if not smaller, it was all jacket.

I was thinking of doing the same. I was going to order the Knu Flekx 1 gauge. I havent seen anything that I would get for the price. As for accessories I usually go to flea market for ring terminals, they have decent fuseholders too. I ordered mine from Knu but its freaking big. But yes usually you save a lil when you buy seperate and shop around. I was getting my 0 gauge ring terminals from this audio shop for like 50 cents, lol.

Another option for power cable is This click on the Ultra Flex link and check out the orange wire. :peepwall:

Knu has been a pretty good experience with their 1/0.

Knu has been a pretty good experience with their 1/0.

Personally I stay away from the KCA stuff as it's copper clad aluminum. But Knu has great products and CS.

well i have rca's already. i just need power/grnd, fuse holder w/ fuse, rem wire, ring terminals.

and that orange flex stuff is 3.31$/ft...

Knu ofc is $3.75/ft.

im thinkin about getting the same stuff i got for my BIG 3... the black 1/0 from weldingsupply . com. i can use that for my amp right?

also, what size fuse do i need for my fuse holder? i will be running a sundown 1500d.

thanks.

well i have rca's already. i just need power/grnd, fuse holder w/ fuse, rem wire, ring terminals.

and that orange flex stuff is 3.31$/ft...

Knu ofc is $3.75/ft.

im thinkin about getting the same stuff i got for my BIG 3... the black 1/0 from weldingsupply . com. i can use that for my amp right?

also, what size fuse do i need for my fuse holder? i will be running a sundown 1500d.

thanks.

The black will be fine. I just liked that orange color :peepwall:

I would use a 300 amp anl fuse up front by the battery for 1/0.

And by chance if you ever try KnuKionceptz get the OFC power cable.

Welding cable is where it's at.... 99% of the time i don't need to tie my 1/0 into knots.. now that i think about it... never...

peepwall.gif

^lol. i would get the cheapest. which is yellow. but ehh...

the thing is

COSTs:

25ft of welding cable (weldingsupply) (NOT very flexible)

fuse holder with 300amp fuse (Knu)

rem wire(knu)

all = $106.39 shipped this doesnt include ring terminals, grommets, cable ties, split loom etc.

1/0 kit from knu...

18 Feet 0 Gauge Blue Kolossus Fleks Power Wire

5 Feet 0 Gauge Smoke Kolossus Fleks Ground Wire

One FH-20 with Choice of Fuse size

3 Black / 1 Red 0 Gauge ring terminals

5 feet Split Loom and wire ties

and a remote wire

price $115.38 shipped and includes what isnt above

1/0 Stinger kit from woofersetc ebay store

1/0 Gauge Complete Amp Wiring Kit

Stinger wiring kits provide peak performance to high-powered car audio systems

Kits are color matched for killer looks, and pre-assembled ring terminals cut down on install time.

18ft. 1/0 ga. Matte Blue hyper-twist power wire

3ft. 1/0 ga. Matte Silver hyper-twist ground wire

17ft. 18 ga. blue Turn-on wire

Black nylon wire covering braid

ANL style (SHD201) fuse holder

250A MIDI style fuse

for $109.99 shipped

so stinger is only a couple more $ then the non flex welding cable... seems to me like thats it!

opinions? also, is 250amp fuse okay?

id go with the knu, but i have never used anything else. i wish i would have known about knu when i did my car, but i have db link 1/0 gauge and i thought it was thick, but my friend hardrock on here got knu 1/0 and its wayy thicker.

thanks. i bought his 1500D. :D hes a friend of mine now.

i was just thinkin of going with the Stinger. as that is "the best". and its less than $4 more than welding cable. and cheaper than Knu.

theres no way that the Stinger is like CCA or anything right?

I believe the Knu has the most strands in their Kolossus Flex cable.

Either kit would be more than enough for your application.

250 amp should be ok but would still look at a 300 amp fuse as your fusing the capacity of the wire.

good read

^lol. i would get the cheapest. which is yellow. but ehh...

the thing is

COSTs:

25ft of welding cable (weldingsupply) (NOT very flexible)

fuse holder with 300amp fuse (Knu)

rem wire(knu)

all = $106.39 shipped this doesnt include ring terminals, grommets, cable ties, split loom etc.

1/0 kit from knu...

18 Feet 0 Gauge Blue Kolossus Fleks Power Wire

5 Feet 0 Gauge Smoke Kolossus Fleks Ground Wire

One FH-20 with Choice of Fuse size

3 Black / 1 Red 0 Gauge ring terminals

5 feet Split Loom and wire ties

and a remote wire

price $115.38 shipped and includes what isnt above

1/0 Stinger kit from woofersetc ebay store

1/0 Gauge Complete Amp Wiring Kit

Stinger wiring kits provide peak performance to high-powered car audio systems

Kits are color matched for killer looks, and pre-assembled ring terminals cut down on install time.

18ft. 1/0 ga. Matte Blue hyper-twist power wire

3ft. 1/0 ga. Matte Silver hyper-twist ground wire

17ft. 18 ga. blue Turn-on wire

Black nylon wire covering braid

ANL style (SHD201) fuse holder

250A MIDI style fuse

for $109.99 shipped

so stinger is only a couple more $ then the non flex welding cable... seems to me like thats it!

opinions? also, is 250amp fuse okay?

welding cable is PLENTY flexible for car audio...people don't realize this you're not (for the most cases) even running the wire where extreme flexibility is a necessarily key component. Flexibility is an overplayed marketing scheme to dupe people into buying overpriced bullshit and to line companies pockets with more money.

This is 2/0 and is PLENTY flexible for ANYTHING i am going to throw at it.

IMG_0226.jpg

o wow. thats a read for another day. lol. bout to go to bed. considering its 5am here.

so is ALL Stinger wire OFC?

and ok, i will get a 300amp for sure. thanks man.

yea. i kno. i have some 1/0 right here for my big3 that i need to do. its def plenty flexible.

but i still think the Stinger would be a better deal as the cost of the 1/0 from wleding supply and fuse holder from knu was just $3 less than stinger kit. and it didnt include ringterminals, split loom etc. so i think the stinger is a better deal alltogether. ya kno?

o wow. thats a read for another day. lol. bout to go to bed. considering its 5am here.

so is ALL Stinger wire OFC?

and ok, i will get a 300amp for sure. thanks man.

OFC... another scam... as long as you get 100% copper your fine...

sigh...

/thread

It's not 100% more like 99.99% :peepwall:

Just stay away from CCA and stick with OFC for high power applications (1K watts or more imo)

It's not 100% more like 99.99% :peepwall:

Just stay away from CCA and stick with OFC for high power applications (1K watts or more imo)

or you can go to the next size up.. say you wanted 4 gauge CCA i would go with 1/0 CCA.