Sign in to follow this  
beach

chevy s10 design

48" x 15" x 14.5" would definitely fit...my next question would be how much port area would be needed and what frequency would be good/best for spl and daily listening(all types of music) At these dimensions I come up with just over 6 cu ft before port is figured in which would give plenty of room to play with as sundown recommends no more than 2.25' for the SA 12's at low power (right now all I have to power them is a SAE-1000d)....thanks for taking the time to help.......looking forward to getting started on this project, just want to make sure i have planed for everything ...i have wasted a lot of time and money in the past trying to rush

Let us know how wide you can go and how high the window line will be(unless you want to go over it. Then you can use whatever depth you need to give yourself some more leg room.

I have xtra cab truck too its so hard to get it to sound good ive had at least 15 boxes in there and still wonder witch one is best i have 2 subs up 2 passenger and port up @ driver its ok,my prob is i dont know if the dynamat on the roof is hurting my numbers or what. i tried subs forward and port forward @drivers side worst box ever im debating the subs forward port up.I would just have to modify my existing box and cover the top holes good luck man

Im going to be redoing my setup again here next week. Currently have sub forward port on driver side facing outwards. might do sub forward port up on this next one.

current box

DSCN0414.jpg

this one has sounded the best yet, but i want to give port up a try and yet again another sub. sa-12 this time. possibly 2 later on.

Subs forward as low to the floor as you can get em with port up along the back edge of the box! I know of several s-10's that have 3 15's like this and they SLAM. Build you a false floor that way the subs are all level with each other. This has been done several times below the window line and can yield enourmous numbers. Ive seen s-10's do 60's with this box design and 3 15's.

i have done subs up port up, sub forwards port up, and sub forwards and port forwards and i like sub forwards port forwards the most.

having the port firing right at the back of a seat was never a problem? Could just be my particular install. with the 15" i did i had it sub forward port forward and unless i had the passenger seat pushed all the way up i didnt like the way it sounded.

Subs forward as low to the floor as you can get em with port up along the back edge of the box! I know of several s-10's that have 3 15's like this and they SLAM. Build you a false floor that way the subs are all level with each other. This has been done several times below the window line and can yield enourmous numbers. Ive seen s-10's do 60's with this box design and 3 15's.

60's huh ive searched every where i cant find but a couple of xtra cabs, are they on youtube or ssa is there pics,vids i want to see anything in trucks no walls been working on mine for 10 yrs need to finish

having the port firing right at the back of a seat was never a problem? Could just be my particular install. with the 15" i did i had it sub forward port forward and unless i had the passenger seat pushed all the way up i didnt like the way it sounded.

It fires into my seat and it still sounds good. O have had two doff boxes and liked them both better that way

from reading on S10forum, guys there are liking sub up passenger side, port side firing on driver's side.

from reading on S10forum, guys there are liking sub up passenger side, port side firing on driver's side.

i was told that same thing, just dont want to do sub upwards unless i can come up with a good way to cover the sub. I park outside with no tint and no alarm.. just cant do that without somehow covering it

Subs forward and port up, or port to the side with sub up/forward are probably your best options.

Edited by RAM_Designs