Blackula31

Two 12" SA-12's ported

Think that will hit pretty hard?

lulz.

No one knows what every setup will sound like. If they did, there wouldn't be any competitions. Installation can make/break the end result.

You can swap out the same equipment from vehicle A to vehicle B, with significant output increase or decrease...

Next, I don't know what your definition of "hit pretty hard" is. When I first heard a bass car, it had two lower line rockford 12"s and 300watts, I was giggling from the bass, thought it was awesome.

Six months later I got a nice setup and got use to it. Jumping back in my friends car with the RF 12s, couldn't really tell there was bass. Point is, depends what your use to hearing.

Might do 138db at the headrest, might do 135, maybe 142, maybe 136, or even 143... who knows.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but it's the truth. :) Don't forget to post a build log!

LOL... It was kinda a rhetorical question... I figure it would be decent... I remember how impressed I was with my buddies system back in 94... he had two crappy 10" Kenwood subs, crappy kenwood amp... and a jvc tape deck... LOL... I think that setup did like 135 when he had it measured... he had the two 10's in a big sealed box... lol

Thanks for all of the input though!

Have you had any previous setups? What were they like? ever meter them? ever been to a comp? :P

Yeah... I have had a system... last system was two 12" Crystal CMP's (sealed)... on a JBL 1200.1 I had JL Audio 5.25 TR series coaxials... and JL TR series 6x9's... JBL 50.4 (I think that was the amp)... car was deadened with brown bread... all in a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix... Alpine 9835 HU... 6 inch LCD's in the headrests... and passenger visor!

Never measured it... never competed... but it bumped nicely! :D

My new set up will be:

2 - 12" SA 12's

SAZ 1000d

SAX 100.4

CDT Audio CL 69 6x9's

CDT Audio 6.5 inch (will be HD series)

Will have to leave stock headunit in the 2011 Dodge Charger... due to all of the functions... will prob add a JL Audio Clean Sweep...

I'm sure Metra will have a kit available in the near future.

lulz.

No one knows what every setup will sound like. If they did, there wouldn't be any competitions. Installation can make/break the end result.

You can swap out the same equipment from vehicle A to vehicle B, with significant output increase or decrease...

Next, I don't know what your definition of "hit pretty hard" is. When I first heard a bass car, it had two lower line rockford 12"s and 300watts, I was giggling from the bass, thought it was awesome.

Six months later I got a nice setup and got use to it. Jumping back in my friends car with the RF 12s, couldn't really tell there was bass. Point is, depends what your use to hearing.

Might do 138db at the headrest, might do 135, maybe 142, maybe 136, or even 143... who knows.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but it's the truth. :) Don't forget to post a build log!

LOL... It was kinda a rhetorical question... I figure it would be decent... I remember how impressed I was with my buddies system back in 94... he had two crappy 10" Kenwood subs, crappy kenwood amp... and a jvc tape deck... LOL... I think that setup did like 135 when he had it measured... he had the two 10's in a big sealed box... lol

Have you had any previous setups? What were they like? ever meter them? ever been to a comp? :P

Yeah... I have had a system... last system was two 12" Crystal CMP's (sealed)... on a JBL 1200.1 I had JL Audio 5.25 TR series coaxials... and JL TR series 6x9's... JBL 50.4 (I think that was the amp)... car was deadened with brown bread... all in a 97 Pontiac Grand Prix... Alpine 9835 HU... 6 inch LCD's in the headrests... and passenger visor!

My new set up will be:

2 - 12" SA 12's

SAZ 1000d

SAX 100.4

CDT Audio CL 69 6x9's

Will have to leave stock headunit in the 2011 Dodge Charger... due to all of the functions... will prob add a JL Audio Clean Sweep...

should be pretty nice sounding.

clean sweep is probably the best route, so much integration going on w/ these new headunits that a cleansweep is cheaper than the dash kit, lol.

lulz.

My new set up will be:

2 - 12" SA 12's

SAZ 1000d

SAX 100.4

CDT Audio CL 69 6x9's

Sounds like your new car is gonna be pretty awesome. Looking forward to the build log, 2011 charger... :wub:

I was going to get a 2010... until I saw the new body style... it is kick ass... the Base SE model is now a 3.6L / 292hp engine... GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME! :o

Actually 1.5^3ft is pretty common size for the SA-12".

Yup, outside of a burp application, over 1.75 cu. ft. tends to get sloppy.