Sign in to follow this  
ML91

dcon setup dvc or svc?

I am planning on purchasing 2 dcon 10's to replace my current fi bl 15" but i am not sure what to get. ill be running them on my saz-1000d and im not sure if they could take the power at 1 ohm or should i play it safe at 2 ohms?

1ohm final load = 4ohm DVC

2ohm final load = 4ohm SVC

Edited by 00WJGC

im well aware of that i was just wondering what i should go with im leaning toward the svc's cause that would put me at around 300w a piece which is recomended. i guess i sould have made it more clear im basically asking if running them at 1 ohm would be too risky? i have no problem with running it at 2 ohms, just me wondering and wanting some extra advice.

im well aware of that i was just wondering what i should go with im leaning toward the svc's cause that would put me at around 300w a piece which is recomended. i guess i sould have made it more clear im basically asking if running them at 1 ohm would be too risky? i have no problem with running it at 2 ohms, just me wondering and wanting some extra advice.

If I were you I'd run the dvc @ 1ohm & just turn down the gain. They will give you more options for later installs with different amplifiers. That's really the only benefit I see in running @ 1ohm.