Sign in to follow this  
flakko

USamps reviews

For your guys that loved the old school stuff I just scored BIG time... I have 2 (TWO) brand new PT-800's... the Bass Mekanik Series. These are BRAND new old stock! Bought from owner and friend of a car audio store. Also scored a factory referb 4300x in Mint condition. IF anyone if interested you can leave a message here!!!!

I will post tonight! Hey flak... if you get this I need to know who to talk to about hooking these amps up.... They say TWO ohm stable per chan. And everything I see online says they were a min of 4ohm stable per chan. Was there to designs... who over there should I ask?>

For your guys that loved the old school stuff I just scored BIG time... I have 2 (TWO) brand new PT-800's... the Bass Mekanik Series.  These are BRAND new old stock! Bought from owner and friend of a car audio store.  Also scored a factory referb 4300x in Mint condition.  IF anyone if interested you can leave a message here!!!!

Prices? I have interest in the 4300, and know others who love PT's, if your sellin.

I will post tonight!  Hey flak... if you get this I need to know who to talk to about hooking these amps up.... They say TWO ohm stable per chan.  And everything I see online says they were a min of 4ohm stable per chan.  Was there to designs... who over there should I ask?>

call the factory and see if they can help you out.

I will post tonight!  Hey flak... if you get this I need to know who to talk to about hooking these amps up.... They say TWO ohm stable per chan.  And everything I see online says they were a min of 4ohm stable per chan.  Was there to designs... who over there should I ask?>

call the factory and see if they can help you out.

PT-350 175W X 2 @ 4 Ohms

PT-800 400W X 2 A 4 Ohms

PT-1100 550W X 2 @ 4Ohms

The 8 specifically

Four Ohm Stable

200 Watts x 2 into 8 Ohms @ .05% THD

250 Watts x 2 into 8 Ohms @ .1% THD

350 Watts x 2 into 4 Ohms @ .05% THD

400 Watts x 2 into 4 Ohms @ .1% THD

700 Watts Bridged into 8 Ohms @ .05% THD

800 Watts Bridged into 8 Ohms @ .1% THD

Edited by Renegadesrun

Amps010.jpg

Amps009.jpg

Amps008.jpg

And that is the 4300x Not to bad of shape for a refurb! Looks to be good stuff.... Open to offers!

dang man...what will the bass mekanics do 4 ohms bridged? my sub wont go up to 8...

i may want to pick one up from ya :)

the PT800 to be more exact

heck yea one crazy front stage...

was talkin to JR a little bit about how much he was sending his front stage... freakin 2 kw i couldnt belive it

Apprently there were more than one version of the 800, 1100, and 1000T.

Perhaps all T's? :shrugs:

Ask, when you call, if all the Tripaths had 2 versions.

Edited by Renegadesrun

To...Much...to......... Drink......................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :faintthud:

I'm running an old 98' usa-400. It draws a ton of current and I wish that it would run cooler.

We are now running the (8) MD3's. Nice amps. They were packaged poorly, so three were damaged during shipping. One of them overheats quickly, but I am guessing it was due to the shipping damage.

We finally measured our actual impedance rise with the subs in the enclosure, and each amp is seeing 2.4 ohms. We still managed to pull a 155.8 @ 48 Hz with (2) 18's walled behind the C-Pillar in a suburban. We hope to have the subs reconed as dual 1's soon (they are dual 2's right now) and get some more power out of the amps!

I have to say thanks to Greg for always being willing to talk on the phone and help out. . . .

Brian

Edited by BKOLFO4

I'm running a USA-2000X, 400X, and 200X.

I've had a USA-400 (1152 watts, 1 ohm stable version), USA-1000, USA-150x and a USA-50x.

Never had a problem with them. Only time my amps have shutdown is from running them at 1/2 ohm for over an hour in the summer on a stock electrical system.

Beasts these things are. And they make a great used buy!

USA-4300x

I've had this amp for several years now, and it is hands down the bext multi-channel amp I have ever owned (and I've owned a lot - should I show my age by mentioning the Carver M-4820 I had many moons ago? lol). The sound quality is excellent as is the build quality. I don't have much to say other than that, as that is what matters, right? But I can give this one testament to the build quailty.

When we built the box for my 12"s in my old car (running off my old SoundStream Class A 10.0), about 3 years ago, we hooked everything up for a quick test. While it was playing I noticed smoke coming out of the 4300x.... yes... actual SMOKE coming out of my precious amp. So, I ran to the front and shut down the system to inspect the problem. One strand of speaker wire was touching the opposite terminal, running that channel on a dead short. Well, I fixed that problem, and fired the system back up. 3 years later it continues to provide awesome sound out of all 4 channels.