twistedchild420

Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD Installation and Review

I will go ahead a get the one and only thing i don't like about this HU out of the way....it comes with no remote.

Now that's out of the way....This HU is GREAT!! And can be had for under 300$!

Features that i love?

3 sets of 4v Pre-outs

SD Card input,USB input (though no rear USB) Aux, and of course MP3 CD and DVD palyback

You can also set your own custom background pic! WIN

And though not necessary ...it can power a SUB! 70watts @ 2ohm

Also you have a nifty little 7 band Parametric EQ and high pass filter

Pretty much all win....but for any other questions....of course there is a vid! Check it out!

Agree 100%. Especially considering most other manufacturers charge at least double that just to get in the door. I scooped mine up a couple months ago when Sonic Electronix had them for $249 shipped with a free wiring harness and dash kit! That's an unbelievable deal.

Adding to the product kudos, the selectable sub low-pass frequency settings are nice and are at commonly-used frequencies (50hz, 63hz, 80hz, 100hz, and 125hz). Selectable sub phase, great. The SQ is very good. It doesn't match the elite but isn't priced to. Video quality is very good. I've seen no sign of quirk.

My only snarl is in regards to the noise level when using the front aux-in jack. It's noticeably much higher than any of the other inputs, even without any input level boost (set at "0").

Yeah, to me, that 70 watt sub channel doesn't suck, just a little strange IMO. Nice, but not really enough to do very much at all. I never really understood why a manufacturer wouldn't utilize the additional space in the double-din chassis for additional amplification of the standard front and rear speaker channels. It could close a huge gap in the market by reducing/eliminating the need for an external amp for a lot of "regular Joe" applications. To me, if you can add 70 watts to the design for a sub, there's gotta be a way to jack up the standard speaker channels. Could you imaging an affordable HU that has DOUBLE the true rms output of all the other guys, even the elite? That's a "door-buster" product. Oops..off topic.

All in all, this is a great unit and I'm very happy with it. Glad it was posted.

I agree! I bought the HU during the 249 deal as well. The HU is great overall. However, the only thing i dislike is how long the HU takes to load an album. Up to 15 seconds sometimes! But, other than that, the HU is an unbelievable deal and I would recommend it to anybody looking for a reliable double din for a great price.

This was my HU i was considering..

Instead i got the single din media reciever.

Well I went ahead and ordered the unit lol what size relay is that? Does it matter the size you use?

I ordered this HU also. Jman I just bought the bypass on ebay. Basically just the relay with he wires but its all shrink wrapped and ready to go. Was only 10 bucks so figured it wasn't that big of a deal.

If I had a need for a cheap double din I would grab one up. Seems nice.

But my radio needs are all covered........ :)

Sure. The local place around her has relays for about 4-5 bucks. This one come wired and shrink wrapped. 10 bucks is really nothing to worry about so I didn't see it as being a problem.

not bad, I mean its free shipping, and relays around me are $5-$6 then factor in shrink wrap, wire, and gas to go get all the items lol its worth the 10$

Edited by jmanjr

I have a question about the radio though. can you turn the internal amp off? i have my 880PRS internal turned off so that i only have my components and sub playing. If i have to take my sub and amps out i turn the internal back on and have stock 6x9s and dash.

great write up though

yes i have the BT edition not the DVD, it is awsome i love the HU, the equalizer is pretty nice, the clarity of the videos on it are nice, the picture background is a deff plus, the blue tooth is pretty nice,but i dont use it as much as i thought i would. they only bad thing is that, it doesnt come with a remote another way for pioneer to make money off you, but my remote from my previouse pioneer HU workes fine, the USB is on the front which personally i dont like, The biggest thing i hate is that you must have the stupid specially ipod cord to watch videos of your ipod (another way to make money) they sell them for 45$ or you can get a no name brand for 20 off ebay....or you can jail break your iphone/ipod.... but besides that i love it

www.sonicelectronics.com, the radio can be found there....DVD was 250 and BT was 330, last time i checked, they also send you free installation gear (some of it)

Edited by samuel6731