morgan8119

Bl vs Icon

I am looking to put either a 12" Bl or Icon in my 2010 4 door silverado, I am powering them with a aq1200d, and will be porting the enclosure to maximum recommendations, I will be trying to make an efficient box, that will require less power, which sub do you think is better?

...Your choice both good subs. :)

I told you what I think.

15" Icon if your keeping the 1200. 15" 4" coil BL if your getting the 2200.

Two different drivers, if peak output is your priority, get the BL. It is a very hearty driver and quite a good value too. The Icon is out of stock for a little bit longer.

BL, because you're goal is probably to get as loud as possible.

The normal 3 inch version will be louder on that power.

ive owend a bl 15, and i must say i was very impressed with it, got very loud but sounded really good too. Never heard the icon before, but you wont go wrong with the bl.

As stated before if you want the louder output, go with the BL. :eek5wavey:

If you're in a rush to get one I'd go with the bl, like denim says the icons are out of stock right now. Maybe you can go with a different sub, either ones you chose will be a good buy.

Will the icon still get loud? I understand it won't be as loud as the bl. And it is going on my rear seat.

Will the icon still get loud? I understand it won't be as loud as the bl. And it is going on my rear seat.

Yes, it get's plenty loud. What I think people are trying to portray is that the BL is more output oriented then the Icon. The BL is the better tool if sheer output is the priority.

Ok thanks denim, I am really interested in trying out the icon, I don't know anyone with an ssa sub and I have heard a lot of good about them, the icon is cheaper, and I'm curious about the new icon that is coming out, I am going to see if I can fit a 15 where I am putting the sub, and if not then I am going to get the 12.

Ok thanks denim, I am really interested in trying out the icon, I don't know anyone with an ssa sub and I have heard a lot of good about them, the icon is cheaper, and I'm curious about the new icon that is coming out, I am going to see if I can fit a 15 where I am putting the sub, and if not then I am going to get the 12.

:fing34: