sundownz

Sundown SA-8 T/S Specs

Realized that I don't have them on the site or anywhere easy to find at the moment -- so here we go :

D2 Model :

RE: 3.28 ohms (series)

FS: 41.6 Hz

Qes: 0.513

Qms: 6.606

Qts: 0.476

Le: 2.778 mH

Vas: 3.285 L

BL: 17.138 N/A

Cms: 83.341 um/N

Mms: 175.654 g

Sens: 78.476 dB @ 1w/1m

BL^2/RE: 89.5

D4 Model :

RE: 6.08 ohms

Fs: 44.66 Hz

Qes: 0.594

Qms: 6.337

Qts: 0.545

Le: 4.26 mH

VAS: 4.44 L

BL: 21.20 N/A

Cms: 80.8 uM/N

Mms: 157 g

Sens: 80.06 @ 1w/1m

BL^2/RE: 73.92

sxundownz, im interested in these as im buying two 8's with taxes, how much will one or two of these realistically take.

It depends on box size. Look around the sundown forum and you'll find a thread with a gudeline to power handling vs box size.

Only specs I didn't see listed here that would be of further benefit is the SD and the XMAX.

Only specs I didn't see listed here that would be of further benefit is the SD and the XMAX.

hey bro, did you find these specs?

i am interested in the 4th order for her durango, but need to run a few numbers to determine if it can happen in this space...

i have it saved somewhere how i wass told to sd if needed...but it easy enough if it already posted, lol

SD= 31 in^2

Xmax= 16.5mm and 25mm usable throw.

I got this info from here:

is finding sd and finding cone area suppose to be two different numbers?

is finding sd and finding cone area suppose to be two different numbers?

Cone area is SD. Some drivers differ because of different surrounds. Meaning one eight could have more or less than a different eight. At least that is my understanding.

You are correct, the width of the surround affects Sd.

Sd is also affected by how the cone area was actually measured. Some companies use 1/2 the surround, others use 1/3 of the surround. So you could send the same driver to two different people and potentially get two different Sd figures, depending on which method each used.

You are correct, the width of the surround affects Sd.

Sd is also affected by how the cone area was actually measured. Some companies use 1/2 the surround, others use 1/3 of the surround. So you could send the same driver to two different people and potentially get two different Sd figures, depending on which method each used.

I measure the whole surround and then subtract 2/3 of it.