Shogen

for sale thread/section on SSA

agreement  

22 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with these ideas abd that the F/S Thread needs a little sprucing???

• yes sir
    • no sir
    • neither, im too good for used equipment. i pay retail!

Not sure if this has been brought up before...

While frequenting the F/S section almost daily, I get confused at some things.

1. How come the idea to have it broken down into sub topics is not in place?

Example:

Amplifiers - threads for amps, amp accessories and wiring

Subwoofers - subs, cones, motors, and enclosures

Receivers/processors - double din, DVD, navigation, mp3, USB cd players, equilizers and crossovers

Speakers - coaxials, component sets, mid bass, tweeters

2. Why isn't there a way the seller can mark the thread as closed or all goods closed? I can't tell you how many times I've gone into a thread thinking the items were still available only to read all the posts and realize the items are sold or no longer for sale.

The easiest way I think this could be done is to have a button for the seller, maybe one stating "End Listing" or "All Items Sold" or "Close F/S Thread". This button would automatically notify a mod or admin that the F/S thread can be closed/locked for good so no one can post or go lurking to are if the items are available. Also the would then modify the title to either finished it closed.

I know I haven't been with the community but I thought I might throw up some ideas and see what kind of responses this might have. Hopefully I'm not overstepping any kind if boundaries, just thought it may help. :)

Thanks for the posting of this suggestion. I'm not to excited about breaking the "For Sale" posts into sections, I beleive this will cause to much of a problem since so many sellers have multiple items that they offer. It is nice to check a sale from a seller and see all they have to offer in one thread in stead of looking through 4 or more from one seller.

I do like the idea of having the "close/sold" option, but sometimes this is just a problem caused by the user reading the thread not reading the thread completly.

I do want to say thanks to the mods for trying to keep the for sale threads on point (sometimes there seems to be to many additions to threads when there is no interest in purchasing the items)

Thanks for the posting of this suggestion. I'm not to excited about breaking the "For Sale" posts into sections, I beleive this will cause to much of a problem since so many sellers have multiple items that they offer. It is nice to check a sale from a seller and see all they have to offer in one thread in stead of looking through 4 or more from one seller.

I do like the idea of having the "close/sold" option, but sometimes this is just a problem caused by the user reading the thread not reading the thread completly.

I do want to say thanks to the mods for trying to keep the for sale threads on point (sometimes there seems to be to many additions to threads when there is no interest in purchasing the items)

Just give them the option of selecting where to post. They can pick amps or subs extra. If they have multiple items then they select the all option,so its posted in each sub category. Breaking the for sale section into category does make it easier.

I like the for sale section. I agree it needs the SOLD button or at least the thread be deleted when everything is sold. I have sold a few things on here the last couple of months and the thing I hate the most is the " If I had the money I would buy these" posts. Yeah no shit if you HAD the money :suicide-santa: . Post dumping is what bothers me the most.

Again, these were just suggestions... I'm not trying to create any waves, just thought some ideas rolling might help out... :)

If people really want the classifieds section broken out, that is fine. If a topic needs to be closed because it is sold, people can just PM a mod and we will close it.

NP... I kinda thought that it was that easy for it to be closed but it seems the OP or seller is not informing the admin or mod to close out the thread. Would having a one-click button 225427-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-3d-Hand-Cursor-Clicking-On-A-Yellow-Lock-Button.jpg like so labeled as "Notify MOD to Lock Thread" ... Something to that affect, only reason being that I'm almost positive most of the sellers haven't been responsible enough to notify anyone to lock the thread....

Organizing it is up to you guys, I just thought of it in a standpoint of less confusion.. I actually find it kind of annoying when people sell alot of random stuff at once, it does make it easier for the seller but I think the goal should be easier for the mod/admin as well as buyers.. So if someone wants to post up 3 items (sub, amp, HU), they should be responsible enough to create 3 separate threads to maintain the sale they would like to make. I know there would be complaints with that, but the end result might be less cluttered and more organized for the community as a whole.. I don't know what it takes to make this happen as far as creating the sub categories and what not for the site but it might be something worth looking into.

Again this is only some ideas I thought of myself and not something I think should be based on my opinion alone. So please fellas, post up what you think and make sure to vote..

- Danny

Like stated above, most people sell multiple items and having to check each section everyday would be a pain. I like it how it is but thats just my opinion.

why not a bundle or package category....if you are selling multiple items it should be listed under there and a buyer could pm you about splitting things up but shogen has the right idea

Edited by armyranger3858

why not a bundle or package category....if you are selling multiple items it should be listed under there and a buyer could pm you about splitting things up but shogen has the right idea

people would just automatically post there. meaning more topics which would lead to more traffic and defeat the purpose of the sub catagories

i can see both sides, so i'm kind of split. It could be something we try, and if it doesn't work well maybe revert back to how it is now?

+1 on the "remove topic" button for pure ease-ability and less work for the mods to do in the long run.

Thanks for input guys, I think we need more responses if this is to be taken seriously. I don't want to make a thread and then have the mods or admins change something on a whim when most of the community isn't on board. But it looks like the votes so far are in favor of getting some type of category split. Jay-cee and Army have a point like stated previously. There are alot of sellers selling multiple items. A sub category could be for "I need to clean out my garage" which could signify people with multiple items for sale. Make sense?

not a fan of seperating things.

Maybe a "sold feature"

If you want to find an amp for sale use the "search" feature

Totally understand using the search feature, but hey.. I never heard of Addicitve Audio before but there is one for sale, and it could possibly be a good deal... But just searching for exactly a specific model would have overlooked it... Just saying...

I completely am against splitting up the classified section. Bundled threads are always better. The "sold" button idea I love but am not sure the board software would support that. easy to send a note to one of us to close something though :)

Loving the the participation so far, but need more input guys... If splitting into categories won't work then more need to speak up, I just thought that less clutter could help with the issues of not knowing what was sold and the like, but if keeping it as is but maybe adding the "SOLD" or "Lock Thread" button is better then more opinions are needed... I just know that the reason the threads are still open is because a mod/admin never visited that thread because they had no interest or need so it wasn't seen or known to be done and/or the seller is not notifying the mod/admin of the status. Either way, I am pretty sure the sellers are not going to do it since they haven't done so already, unless there is an agreement policy when making any threads in the For Sale section? Maybe an agreement to notify the mod/admin of closing/locking the thread when it is done. Do not know if this is doable since there might need to be some kind of follow-up or consequences if the policy agreement is not met.. Again the more ideas the better, I am one of a shyt-ton of community members but have only seen the ideas of a few too many.... I like being part of the community and feel that if you enjoy it as much as I am right now, then you should speak up and get involved... We do not have final say but some input/insight is what makes things better for the majority...

***Note to original post:

I forgot to mention, a section for Miscellaneous should be added as well if the sub categories ends up making sense because of things like iPods, XBOX, PS3 and the like....

What is your actual beef? I just don't get it.

If you look today there are a whopping 5 posts in the whole classified forum. By the time you are on page three you are already 9 days ago. It isn't really like there is much going on. EVERY single thread that goes in I at least read the title and there really just aren't that many. If you had 4 categories we'd have 5 threads a week in each which IMO would make them much worse.

What do you want to accomplish?

That being said, I like the idea of a SOLD sign/button, but we are at the liberty of the forum software and that may be very far from trivial.

No beef... Lol... I guess now that I have been here a while I already know what is going on in there, but it ain't so tidy... lol...

Yea, well I think getting the threads closed/marked as SOLD or something is 100% needed...

I just had a brain spark for a second when trying to put myself to sleep and went into the For Sale thread....

I am open to any and all changes, just understanding the goal is step 1 :)

///M5

i don't think it's "untidy". Even if a topic is closed.. it's still going to be there, you just wont be able to post in it. Am i missing something? :ughdunno:

still agree with the button though, just don't understand how it will tidy up.

Well it will help with the random posts of "is this still available" when the person is just too lazy to read.. Meade has dealt with this as well and many others I'm pretty sure..

Well it will help with the random posts of "is this still available" when the person is just too lazy to read.. Meade has dealt with this as well and many others I'm pretty sure..

I don't know if sub categories will help with people being lazy and not stating when something is sold. :ughdunno:

Well that was my original idea to have less clutter with sub categories... but it seems like it might be something everyone wants... The button is magical though...

Button: GREAT idea

Splitting shit up: Until we get over 2 pages of F/S A DAY it wont be worth the time to do it.

J