Shogen

for sale thread/section on SSA

agreement  

22 members have voted

1. 1. do you agree with these ideas abd that the F/S Thread needs a little sprucing???

• yes sir
    • no sir
    • neither, im too good for used equipment. i pay retail!

agree with the majority.. SOLD button would be great, i too dig thru the f/s section daily, but m5 is right, not a ton of stuff goin on in there to split it all up.

Splitting it up would just make it chaotic. There's not enough traffic in the classifieds, people are stupid and we'll be spending too much time moving shit into the proper categories, you'll have people posting the same item in multiple categories, etc. . .

Splitting it up would just make it chaotic. There's not enough traffic in the classifieds, people are stupid and we'll be spending too much time moving shit into the proper categories, you'll have people posting the same item in multiple categories, etc. . .

Or in the Wrong category.... ehh.gif

Something to take into consideration would be a button to search for keywords such as "Headunit", "amplifiers" and organize them accordingly.. not in all of the posts.. just the OP's post..

Even that is pointless. How many times do you see the word "headunit" used? It either gets abbreviated to HU or people just post the make and model.

I fully understand the idea behind this, and in the right setting is makes a difference. But over the years, here on SSA, the member base (on average mind you compared to most other sites) spends much more time researching their purchases before they buy them. So in turn, people tend to hold on to items longer and are less swayed by what is the newest or most hyped up product at the moment. That effects the classified section on here as it will naturally get less traffic. Now yes, there are plenty of members (and I have a good idea who they are) that have well under 100 posts, but solely use SSA to post up their stuff for sale. No big deal, they are not breaking the forum rules by doing so.

As for the "Sold" flag or button. We can easily modify a topic title if the user informs a moderator, and the topic can be closed. The button, that would probably mean software modification like Sean mentioned above. We can check into it down the road if it really needed.

Also, don't get me wrong, I really appreciate topics like this because it shows members want to be apart of the website. :)

Split um

One forum: For Sale

Another: Wanted

Last: Swap section

A "Sold" button I think would be a great addition.

If one is too lazy to PM, can he self-report his first comment and write in the comment section "Everything sold, lock the thread." ?

If you don't mind users doing this you can just write a new "rule" under the banner at the top of the sale section.

Sure. People do it all the time.

Gotcha, it didnt seem like splitting was as needed as I thought. I just hope that people who sell can spend the extra second it takes to PM a mod to close the thread. :)

As stated above many times, I think splitting everything up would be not that great of an idea.

I do like the sold/close button. I think it would be a great idea and would clear up a lot of not needed reading.

I completely am against splitting up the classified section. Bundled threads are always better.

Agreed. When I and many others unload equipment, we have a variety of items for sale at once. It'd drive me insane having to post, update and track 4 different threads in 4 different subforms because I have a variety of things for sale at once.

I haven't read past the 1st page, so I'm not sure if this has already been settled or not.

Keep it the same. As stated above why have categories if you have multiple different items to sell?

Only thing I would like to see is where the OP is responsible to have the thread closed after the item sells or if the item is no longer for sale.

Loving the response rate and the heavy hitters joining the conversation. Thank you all who have participated, I kind of figured the reorganization part might not meet well with the community and thought I'd see for real. The general seem to like the idea if a notification to close the thread "button" quite a bit. Is this something that could be tried and tested?

-Danny

Loving the response rate and the heavy hitters joining the conversation. Thank you all who have participated, I kind of figured the reorganization part might not meet well with the community and thought I'd see for real. The general seem to like the idea if a notification to close the thread "button" quite a bit. Is this something that could be tried and tested?

-Danny

The "button" would mean some code modification. Mark will check into it once he is settled. He is moving across the country at the moment.

If one is too lazy to PM, can he self-report his first comment and write in the comment section "Everything sold, lock the thread." ?

If you don't mind users doing this you can just write a new "rule" under the banner at the top of the sale section.

That is what I do, just erase the first post and write sold in red bold letters.

That is what I do, just erase the first post and write sold in red bold letters.

Members with lower post count can't edit their thread after some days have passed.

You were either agreeing with my post or just mentioning what you do with your thread, I couldn't determine which one. :shrug:;)

Yeah I was agreeing and adding on what else I do as well. :fing34:

-Danny

The "button" would mean some code modification. Mark will check into it once he is settled. He is moving across the country at the moment.

NP... He'll be in my neck of the woods now... Yippee!!! :ohnoes9:

I will be closer then he is.

That's just creepy... You're a creeper denim!!

That's just creepy... You're a creeper denim!!

:peepwall:

Thanks for input guys, I think we need more responses if this is to be taken seriously. I don't want to make a thread and then have the mods or admins change something on a whim when most of the community isn't on board. But it looks like the votes so far are in favor of getting some type of category split. Jay-cee and Army have a point like stated previously. There are alot of sellers selling multiple items. A sub category could be for "I need to clean out my garage" which could signify people with multiple items for sale. Make sense?

yes in order to post in the package deal you must be selling everything together...if you are splitting up you must list everything in different category.... ex. wires, battaries, and other electrical in the electrical section. head units, eqs, etc. would go in head unit category. subwoofers obviously in sub category. components, coaxials, etc. in mids and high section. this would prevent crowding

How about clear and effective topic titles?

Come on Aaron, you know asking people to use common sense when posting is far too much.