tankht56

Help with new system (mainly mids and highs)

Hello guys i have recently pulled all the factory crap out of my truck and ordered some things but i have a few problems. I bought a set of Cadence CVLT-35B tweeters along with a pair of Selenium St-200s i also purchased two pair of Alpine SPS-500(i know i could have gotten components just didnt want to) . The amp i have is a Hifonics HFi100.4 and the headunit is a Pioneer AVH-P5200BT. At the time of purchase i didnt know the seleniums needed a bass blocker of some sort so i searched and came across using an active crossover. My question is would i be able to use what i have listed with the addition of a crossover or should i buy a separate amp for the tweeters? The crossover i had in mind is the Kicker 03KX3. the vehicle is a 2door dodge ram. any input would be appreciated and if you think i should buy something else tell me.

I'm a little confused by the items you have listed, from what you listed the thread should read "mainly highs". What is your goal with this setup. I understand the wanting to possibly go active, but with the list of items the most prevalant sounds will be above 3-5K and the midrange/midbass will be lost.

Nothing that you have will play nice together. Something of what you have you will need to sell, realistically all of it would be best. It will depend on your goals, but considering you found those Selenium's I am sure you are reading for advice in the wrong places...

Sell it all and start over.

If you give us a budget and goal, we can get you headed in the right direction. I don't know what your goals are, but I don't think you're really on your way to achieving that goal with your current production selections. As M5 said, none of that equipment will compliment each other in the manor that they should.