liljestrand

@rudeboy

Hey,

I sent an email around octoberish about deadening my 08 scion xb but never received a reply. I don't know if the email got lost or what. I rechecked the address and it was the same as what everyone says to reach you at.

If there is a better way to contact you about sds products just let me know. Hope to hear from you as these xcons are doing some work on my car.

Friend of mine got one reply then nothing. We wanted to order alot of deadener.

Seriously? That doesn't sound like Don, must have been a technical snafu.

And no, there was no owner change for SDS. That mess was with Secondskin.

oop, my mistake. switched names.

I would agree... he usually emails within hours...

Your email could be something so generic that it sent it to the spambox.

I dropped the ball. Not even sure how. It's happened a few times that an incoming message gets marked read before I reply or the system hangs while I have a message open. Sorry about that. I responded to the original message so Phil and I should be able to pick this up. It's usually safe to assume that if I don't respond in a day or two, something is up.

I'm a little concerned about this: "these xcons are doing some work on my car." There are two things I can think of that this might mean. The first is that the subs are exciting panel resonance that needs to be controlled. Vibration damper may be a good solution for this. The second is that this is an SPL setup and the XCONs are tearing the vehicle apart. In that case, traditional sound deadening techniques are probably a poor fit. Using vibration damper to structurally reinforce sheet metal is much less effective than other approaches and is likely to have a negative impact on scores since the mechanism of vibration damping - converting vibration (which can become sound) into heat (which can't) is taking things in the wrong direction.

In any case, I screwed up and it shouldn't have happened.

I dropped the ball. Not even sure how. It's happened a few times that an incoming message gets marked read before I reply or the system hangs while I have a message open. Sorry about that. I responded to the original message so Phil and I should be able to pick this up. It's usually safe to assume that if I don't respond in a day or two, something is up.

I'm a little concerned about this: "these xcons are doing some work on my car." There are two things I can think of that this might mean. The first is that the subs are exciting panel resonance that needs to be controlled. Vibration damper may be a good solution for this. The second is that this is an SPL setup and the XCONs are tearing the vehicle apart. In that case, traditional sound deadening techniques are probably a poor fit. Using vibration damper to structurally reinforce sheet metal is much less effective than other approaches and is likely to have a negative impact on scores since the mechanism of vibration damping - converting vibration (which can become sound) into heat (which can't) is taking things in the wrong direction.

Honesty is always the best policy. Thank you for being soooo honest Don. It makes us all feel better when an owner can just say "Hey, I fudged up. Sorry."

Don is an excellent vendor and has top notch customer service. His knowledge of vehicle acoustics and vibration control is immense.

It's all good. I figured something must have happened and it was no big deal.

I guess my statement was a bit over done lol. Mostly its just the resonance as you'd say. Flex I'm not really to worried about but I just don't like the "metally" sound if that makes any sense. As far as I can tell it would mostly be the roof section and the back tailgate section would be the worst culprits.

Thanks for the reply.

Honesty is always the best policy. Thank you for being soooo honest Don. It makes us all feel better when an owner can just say "Hey, I fudged up. Sorry."

:fing34: I agree with you on that.