Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SAX-200.4 Review from DIYMA

Sundown SAX-200.4 - DIYMA.com

-----

Well I asked and asked for someone to make something like this... and Jacob delivered. Here's the manufacture ratings and test data:

Official Ratings off SAX-200.4 :

200x4 at 4 ohms

300x4 at 2 ohms

400x4 at 1 ohm

600x2 at 4 ohms

800x2 at 2 ohms

Actual tested - factory supplied figures :

210x4 at 4 ohms

350x4 at 2 ohms

465x4 at 1 ohm

665x2 at 4 ohms

925x2 at 2 ohms

Those power ratings are absolutely on point. This amp does pretty much everything anyone can want from it. TONS of power' date=' ability to run an active 2-way front stage no problem.

I tried the amp on a variety of configurations, I used it to power my Dyn setup, on my subs bridged to each side and on a combo of the Dyns and the subs. The 1 ohm stability is excellent, allows me to power most configurations of subs I'll ever have, since I run IB.

When I had the subs and the Dyn's powered off the amp, the subs needed very little gain to get moving. I had them getting 200x2 rms previously, and with the Sundown it's more than evident that they are getting FAR more power even in stereo mode. It really feels like even the tested specs on the amp are underrated.

The Dyn's sounded magnificent on this amp. I had them running off a few different amps in the past, and this one pushed them just as well and sounded just as good as any other I've ran on them. Music sounded on point and detailed with enormous power reserves, again I had the gains down low on the Dyn's as well as the amp was putting out a ton of power.

Build quality: 9/10

Functionality: 9/10

Sound Quality: 9/10

Actual output power: 10/10

Ease of setting/using: 10/10

Total: 47/50

[img']http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/nismos14us/Sundown%20sax/IMG_1135.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Jacob, can you post the 3-way power ratting? (@ 4 ohm as I am assuming 2 ohm mono on the rear channels is not stable) A customer asked and I want to make sure.

2 ohms bridged is stable...

For example you can run :

200 x 4 @ 4 ohms on 1 + 2

and

800 x 1 @ 2 ohms on 3 + 4

have done some testing to 1ohm bridge?

.... x2 @ 1ohm

I do not suggest this.

I know ... in extreme cases it is good to know

Awesome specs and review.

Sign in to follow this