pimp22102

Help with sub choice what do you think is best?

FI vs Sundown  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What would be better

• Fi 18
    • Sundown v2 Z 15in x2

Hello everyone i am new as u can see by this being my first post. I am looking to upgrade my system right now i have x2 D3 15in subs at 2 ohms on a kenwood Kac 9105D 1800W and i was loking to go with

the x1 new fully loaded FI BTL N2 18 or 2 15in Sundown audio v2 Z the amp i am going to get is the SAZ 2500D just wanted to know your opinions and what you think would be best ... o yeah almost forgot the system is going in a 99 ford taurus

Please read the noob posting guidelines.

Need the dimensions (space you have), any electrical upgrades, goals, experience, etc.

What they said ^^^. As in info so we can help on best for what.

k will get all that info once the snow melts =/ but now i am thinking of getting x4 SA-8's but i was just wondering what the Peak watts for those were i know what the rms is 400 but no clue on how much they can handle anyone know?

MTX Jackhammer....

Should fit in your car..

Yt61031.jpg

MTX Jackhammer....

Should fit in your car..

Yt61031.jpg

Lol, biggest POS you could ever put in a vehicle.

MTX Jackhammer....

Should fit in your car..

Yt61031.jpg

:roflmao: thiss guy^^

haha. As far as peak wattage, dont concern yourself with it. If the rms is 400 watts, take it for what it is. If you already have an amp that may be too much power, be careful with your gain and volume control.

k will get all that info once the snow melts =/ but now i am thinking of getting x4 SA-8's but i was just wondering what the Peak watts for those were i know what the rms is 400 but no clue on how much they can handle anyone know?

Peak ratings are only marketing, the biger the number the more liklely someone will buy the product. Only look at rms. That is the true power handling

Peak ratings are only marketing, the biger the number the more liklely someone will buy the product. Only look at rms. That is the true power handling

How much they can handle and peak rating are different things. You can burp 4000 watts on a single SA8 and the coil will not fail. Mechanically, it's destroyed in pieces, literally. In my SPL box, I've burped 2300 watts probably 100 times and never had a physical or mechanical failure, but that's in MY box. In an ordinary box, you'd hit mechanical limitations a long time ago.

So the short answer is, the coil won't fail unless your a moron, and your power limitation is your box, and nobody can say exactly what that number is.