swift

07 F250 HD

Well, after many questions and research I guess its time to start a build log. I havent done this in over 12 years so its alittle slow going.

This is going into my daily / work truck. I am not necessarily going for "SQ" or for "SPL" but something that sounds good to me. Not a big build or anything.

Here is the truck it is going into.

harley.jpg

What is being replaced.

006.jpg

Center console will be coming out.

003.jpg

The equipment that will be going in and some that was already there and will be staying. * indicates new equip

Power and wiring

*30ft of 1 /0 KNU Kolossus OFC Power

*20ft of 1/ 0 KNU Kolossus OFC Ground

*5ft of 4 gauge KNU OFC power

*5ft of 4 gauge KNU OFC ground

*Tsunami main fuse holder up front and distribution fuse box for back.

*Kicker ground block

*KNU 10 gauge speaker wire for sub, 16 gauge for speakers

RF rca's, etc

2 Optima Red tops

*Monster Cable... Slim battery terminals

Stock alt (for now if it holds voltage up)

Head Unit

Alpine IVA-W200

NVE-N872A

KCA-100BT

Sub, box and amp

*one 15in FI Q, cooling option and extra spider

*3.5cu ported console box tuned to 28-30hz (not sure yet)

*Sundown SAZ 1500D v.2

Speakers and amp

four Alpine Type R 5x7 coaxials in front doors and rear fill

*two Memphis 15-PR1 aluminum dome tweeters up front

Alpine PDX 4.150

Misc

Beltronics RX-75

180watt power inverter for my laptop or fax machine

Viper 771xv Alarm

I realize that there is not a super strong midbass in the setup but I do later plan on deadening the doors and whole truck and maybe that will help fill that void. I may even replace the front Alpines and put in a 6.5in component set with a sealed pod to help with that. I can say that the upper range is very clear, crisp and as loud as you want with the 4.150 running it.

I have made some great progress and have had a couple late nights. Amp rack is done and will try and carpet it tonight, most of the wiring is done, tweeters are mounted and upper range speakers are wired and sound great. I plan on building the box this weekend then maybe next week laying vinyl or leather on it and testing sub out.

255.jpg

254.jpg

The box plan

boxbuild15inFI-Q.jpg

I will post more pictures of progress tonight.

Edited by swift

Nice truck man, tuned in :popcorn:

Damn I love the interior on that truck. Great box design can't wait to see it come to life. :popcorn:

Thanks, I am curious how the sub will sound. My friend that has been in car audio for 15 years thinks it will sound better in the back seats because the sub will be almost in the center of the truck right between the front seats almost. But I am hoping that the port in the rear corner will help with that.

Well another late night but all wiring is done, Big 3 is done. Only thing left to do is build the box and hook up the sub. She is ready though.

I suck at documenting each step but here are pretty much the finished photos. I will put the back seats in this weekend once the box is built.

Big 3 pics, I left all stock wiring and just added 1/0 to everything/ I really like these Monster Cable terminals!

driver side batt

IMG_4351.jpg

passenger side batt, it has the additional ground coming off the side terminal mount that you cant see

IMG_4352.jpg

Here is a few misc pictures also showing the whole setup.

Head unit also showing Beltronics radar detector mounted in dash.

IMG_4347.jpg

Hands free Bluetooth and Nav

IMG_4341.jpg

Mics in corner pass side

IMG_4340.jpg

Got the Memphis tweeters mounted, crossovers in doors.

IMG_4339.jpg

IMG_4338.jpg

Sundown gain knob mounted

IMG_4342.jpg

Here is the rear setup, once the seats go in you will not see anything. and the box will but up against the right side of the amp rack and run to the other wall. I am really pleased how this all turned out. Pic shows, sundown amp, distr box, alpine pdx 4.150, alpine modem, power inverter for laptop, etc.

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4333.jpg

IMG_4332.jpg

IMG_4334.jpg

Now I have to go get 4 hours of sleep and head to work. Only thing left is to add the bass!

Thanks for looking and any comments welcome

Nice truck! I had an orange and black one for a short time and loved the truck!

Install looks nice and clean!

Nice truck! I had an orange and black one for a short time and loved the truck!

Install looks nice and clean!

Thanks, I like the orange also, wish the had kept making them.

Lookin good :popcorn::drink40:

Nice truck. I wanna see how you fit the 15 in there. So far so good :fing34:

me too, lol

Thanks

I would of suggested Aeroports.. slightly more expensive box.. but you'd be able to use less port area.

Looks good. Excited to see the box. Hope the seat wont touch that sundown, heat is bad!

:woot:

Looks good. Excited to see the box. Hope the seat wont touch that sundown, heat is bad!

:woot:

Thanks,

Nope, all clear. And when I lean it forward there is enough room to adjust the settings too. It even clears the dist box with the seat all the way back.

IMG00575-20110128-2138.jpg

Did another cutout tonight for final measurements out of cardboard. This phucker is huge! LOL

I may just carpet it with the leather Harley arm rest on top? I have a hookup at a furniture store to get Black sofa leather but will have to wait a couple weeks for it to come in. Thoughts?

should look sick :doit:

I think I may have to take a front seat and center console out just to install the sub after the box is in place, haha

It really isnt as bad as the pics look. But it will be large, It is perfect height for an arm rest as you can see it almost matches the front

IMG00580-20110128-2153.jpg

IMG00583-20110128-2154.jpg

A look at what kinda room I have to work with. port goes behind seat on right, amp rack behind left seat

IMG00582-20110128-2154.jpg

I will start tomorrow and hopefully have sound by Sunday

that looks like it'll be an amazing enclosure. i'd be willing to give up a comfy stock leather armrest for a sub box rest.

Get to the box man!

That's a great looking truck!!

great progress! love the truck man :morepower1:

Look'n good!

Pad the top and sides with dense foam then wrap it in leather.

Pad the top and sides with dense foam then wrap it in leather.

I may do the top that way but I cant on the sides because the box is at max dimensions and would press on the sides of each seat pretty good.

Worked on the box about 6 hours yesterday. Measuring, drawing, cutting and had so much MDF dust on me it was hard to tell what color my clothes were. Today I have 2 more cuts to make and will glue and screw the box together. I will post build pics this afternoon.