IMG_4357.jpg

IMG_4358.jpg

straight cuts

IMG_4360.jpg

This is a bad mofo

IMG_4361.jpg

starting on bottom first

IMG_4363.jpg

now top using Locktite wood glue and 1 5/8 screws every 4-5inches or so, then sealing the deal with liquid nails deck glue/sealant.

IMG_4366.jpg

1 inch dowel bracing, top to bottom and side to side

IMG_4365.jpg

IMG_4364.jpg

Only thing left is to put top on and round over the outside edges, Inside has heavy sealant smoothing out the corners. I am really happy how its turning out seeing that I designed and built the thing and havent done anything like this in years! I cant decide if I want a double baffle on front, doesnt need one for strength but may use it for added screw length and hold with the sub in place. Depends on clearance in truck, I may leave it alone.

Now I just hope it sounds good.

Edited by swift

Looking great man!!!

What are the box specs? I think I missed them.

Looking great man!!!

What are the box specs? I think I missed them.

Thanks,

3.55-3.60cu after all displacement and bracing tuned to 29hz.

Your progress is looking good. That small wood shop looks sweet!

Box is done,

All I have to do now is figure if I want to carpet or try leather/vinyl. I'm too tired to hook it up and get it in the truck tonight so I will have to wait till tomorrow to hear it.

This will be my first ported box. I have always had sealed. I have about 16hrs in this box. I know that may sound like a lot to yall experienced people but I wantet to try and do it right.

Anyway here are the pics.

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4368.jpg

IMG_4369.jpg

Bracing

IMG_4370.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

IMG_4373.jpg

Test fitting sub

IMG_4376.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

I know one thing, this SOB is stout

Edited by swift

sexy box!

you are going to LOVE that FI ....

looks good. cant wait to see it installed and wrapped!

Thanks guys

I am thinking maybe filling, sanding and doing it in a gloss black lacquer finish, then just wrapping a 1/2in board in leather on top. I have the stock pad but it is awfully narrow compared to this beast.

All I can say is Holy Shit!

This is the best sounding sub I have heard. It destroys the low notes and is super clean. Dont have any updated pics but curiosity killed me and I had to put the sub in and test fit the box. The measurements were perfect! I feel like I am not really even pushing it though. Gain is set about 35% and with the remote knob all the way up I can tell it will take more to it easily. Would it be ok to have the gain about 1/2 way up? I will leave it the way it is for a few days before messing with it. and see how it loosens up.

I am very pleased with how this turned out!!

no idea what i was reading when typing that.

great!!! lets see what it looks like in there

Edited by Mtopper

setting your gain by position isn't good. turn the knob 'till you start hearing the sub break up, go back a bit and you should be good. if you hear the sub straining on some notes still, turn it down again. Do this 'till you dont hear any distortion and are at a comfortable level. I've forgotten if you've got a volt meter or not. if you dont i suggest getting one. Shouldnt have too much of a problem, but it's better than not knowing what your electrical is doing.

I have a beltronics radar / voltage meter in dash and it is staying between 13.5-14.2 with it playing but again it doesnt seem like I am really putting much to it just by sub excursion. I will try and play with the gain settings, I just didnt know if it was ok to go full tilt with it the first day which is basically what I will have to do in order to do it by ear.

Thanks!

yeah subs dont need to break in, as is commonly thought to be. The spiders just loosen up and let the cone move more freely, giving more bottom end. after a couple days make sure that there isn't any distortion on the low end and just keep an ear for anything going wrong. or smells that shouldn't be there. all in all. just be smart about it, that's the best advise, but you already know this! :morepower1:

Just need to wrap it now

IMG00594-20110203-0858.jpg

IMG00595-20110203-0859.jpg

IMG00593-20110203-0858.jpg

Just need to wrap it now

IMG00594-20110203-0858.jpg

IMG00595-20110203-0859.jpg

IMG00593-20110203-0858.jpg

that box is killer. Do you think you have the space for adding a second baffle and doing the sub flushmount? That would be the icing on the cake. just my $0.02. killer build so far and I can't wait to see the final result all wrapped up

that box is killer. Do you think you have the space for adding a second baffle and doing the sub flushmount? That would be the icing on the cake. just my $0.02. killer build so far and I can't wait to see the final result all wrapped up

I do have room for a second baffle but I am gonna wait on that to make sure the current screws hold the sub in place. I want to be able to add a second baffle later just so I can use longer hardware if I had to.

Thanks it turnout better that I thought it would and the sub is just amazing!

My first vehicle was a 2wd 2009 f150 darley davidson. two tone paint, two tone 22's straight from the factory. I hit a tree going about 35mph. Man these pics bring back some memories. Good luck on the build man i've enjoyed reading about it!

i heard this yesterday, it sounds amazing and is a very clean install.

we shut the doors and both doors on both sides were flexing like crazy. and he still could go more on the gain im sure.

btw OP did u get the bp option or any of the options when u got it?

i heard this yesterday, it sounds amazing and is a very clean install.

we shut the doors and both doors on both sides were flexing like crazy. and he still could go more on the gain im sure.

btw OP did u get the bp option or any of the options when u got it?

Thanks

I did the cooling option and the spider option. There is no BP option anymore it justs comes that way on the new ones.

BTW, I turned the freq cutoff up to around 80 or so and stuck Mudvayne in there and it rocks.

Edited by swift