Sign in to follow this  
wetapoo

old style btl's

only used Fi doesnt sell them anymore unfortunately :(

only used Fi doesnt sell them anymore unfortunately :(

did they say they can no longer make anymore like that?

they upgraded the design and no longer build the older style ones. just the company moving forward. I asked once and I was told they would not make any of the old ones anymore. If you want a brand new btl these days you go with the new neo design. Sucks a little bit. I bought my BTL and what seemed like a few months they were discontinued. If you keep an eye on craigslist and ebay you can find them sometimes ,people just charge up the ass for them.

they upgraded the design and no longer build the older style ones. just the company moving forward. I asked once and I was told they would not make any of the old ones anymore. If you want a brand new btl these days you go with the new neo design. Sucks a little bit. I bought my BTL and what seemed like a few months they were discontinued. If you keep an eye on craigslist and ebay you can find them sometimes ,people just charge up the ass for them.

the new one look like cheap Chinese junk

i dont think thats the case, supposed to be better. im not sure of the details, i heard they gave it a little less motor force. If i had the money to go buy 2 more i would buy those in a heartbeat. cant really go wrong with Fi if you ask me.

and wetapoo doesn't looks like cheap chinese junk? :rolleyes:

I don't understand why it looks like chinese junk, it looks and is more advanced then just a ferrite motor.

Just because it isn't big and bulky it doesn't looks american?

I don't understand why it looks like chinese junk, it looks and is more advanced then just a ferrite motor.

lmao...

i migth put my 2 btl's for sale soon , just keep an eye on the for sale forum

lmao...

i migth put my 2 btl's for sale soon , just keep an eye on the for sale forum

are they fully loaded?

i dont think thats the case, supposed to be better. im not sure of the details, i heard they gave it a little less motor force. If i had the money to go buy 2 more i would buy those in a heartbeat. cant really go wrong with Fi if you ask me.

there's alot of post's saying the new ones don't sound like the old ones, that's my biggest problem with it all.

i just dont see why they would change it and trash the older design, fi should be adding not taking away

Edited by wetapoo

there's alot of post's saying the new ones don't sound like the old ones, that's my biggest problem with it all.

i just dont see why they would change it and trash the older design, fi should be adding not taking away

They don't sound like the old ones.

They sound better then the old ones, but the difference wouldn't be drastic.

They are adding something, only thing they take away is the weight of the sub, and that's a good thing ;)

If you don't like the BTL N2 you can go with the Ascendant Audio Mayham. From my understanding it's a fully loaded 1st Gen BTL (tripple stack).

If you don't like the BTL N2 you can go with the Ascendant Audio Mayham. From my understanding it's a fully loaded 1st Gen BTL (tripple stack).

well the thing is i already have 2 of the old ones, and i was going to add 2 more.

have you heard them both? i just really want to know if they really do sound different, cause i really like how mine sound

i was just looking for more rumble, and i dont want to have to mix my woofers

They are adding something, only thing they take away is the weight of the sub, and that's a good thing ;)

Just curious, what exactly did they add? I believe in one of the other recent post, Nick or Scott said they added nothing different from gen 2 to gen 3. Same leads, spiders, etc etc...

If what Fi says about adding nothing new, and simply taking away motor force, how is it possible to sound better then gen 2s? Does the motor make a difference in the sound quality? I thought all horse power equals all horse power, No matter how its produced. 1 = 1, no mater how you get there, its the same end result, thats just my opinion, not sure if its correct or not, please, enlightin me if I'm wrong, which I don't doubt it lol.

well the thing is i already have 2 of the old ones, and i was going to add 2 more.

have you heard them both? i just really want to know if they really do sound different, cause i really like how mine sound

i was just looking for more rumble, and i dont want to have to mix my woofers

Well they always say never mix woofers... Hmmmm, I wonder. It would suck if you had to buy 4 new gen 3s. I wonder if the p/s are the same if you could get away with it. IDK :ughdunno: lol.

Just curious, what exactly did they add? I believe in one of the other recent post, Nick or Scott said they added nothing different from gen 2 to gen 3. Same leads, spiders, etc etc...

If what Fi says about adding nothing new, and simply taking away motor force, how is it possible to sound better then gen 2s? Does the motor make a difference in the sound quality? I thought all horse power equals all horse power, No matter how its produced. 1 = 1, no mater how you get there, its the same end result, thats just my opinion, not sure if its correct or not, please, enlightin me if I'm wrong, which I don't doubt it lol.

Totally wrong.

The UFO motors had too much motor force for daily driving applications. Many people would put them in and lose SPL.

This is because it takes the 'peak' that you get and splits it apart and gives you a saddle shaped response curve. People keep saying more motor force is better, and it is only to a point, the UFO crossed that line. The N2 backed things down a bit to where it is more reasonable for daily. Those who are after SPL oriented stuff will be able to get the N3. The saddle shape in the response curve causes things to 'tame down' in the middle band of the response curve. We've gotten rid of that with the N2.

It's far from 'cheap chinese shit'..our raw material steel parts are sourced from here on the N series. Everything else is moving over to that as well, hence changing over to Neo on the SSD. We are machining and doing more and more here in the states as we are absolutely sick of dealing with Chinese vendors for raw materials.

We are not going to take a step back, ever. That is stupid.

You're an idiot.

You should really research :)

Way to bash the all so much better BTL.

They sound better, and they look cooler, and stronger.

You're an idiot.

Have you own both?

Totally wrong.

The UFO motors had too much motor force for daily driving applications. Many people would put them in and lose SPL.

This is because it takes the 'peak' that you get and splits it apart and gives you a saddle shaped response curve. People keep saying more motor force is better, and it is only to a point, the UFO crossed that line. The N2 backed things down a bit to where it is more reasonable for daily. Those who are after SPL oriented stuff will be able to get the N3. The saddle shape in the response curve causes things to 'tame down' in the middle band of the response curve. We've gotten rid of that with the N2.

It's far from 'cheap chinese shit'..our raw material steel parts are sourced from here on the N series. Everything else is moving over to that as well, hence changing over to Neo on the SSD. We are machining and doing more and more here in the states as we are absolutely sick of dealing with Chinese vendors for raw materials.

We are not going to take a step back, ever. That is stupid.

I applaud Fi for moving towards more American products. In this economy this is definitely not the norm.

You're an idiot.

Have you own both?

That doesn't apply you numbnut.

LOL..

Oi oi oi.

Troll and tool around some more.

You haven't heard both either, so don't try to act smart.

You're an idiot.

Have you own both?

That doesn't apply you numbnut.

LOL..

Oi oi oi.

Troll and tool around some more.

You haven't heard both either, so don't try to act smart.

What do you mean that doesn't apply? Your calling somebody a idiot that you don't even know. Your the one that says they sound better, they look cooler, and are stronger, but yet you haven't had both to compare? I don't understand how that makes sense? The OP was simply stateing his opinion, so that makes him a "idiot", and me a numbnut simply because your stateing facts that you can't support? No, I haven't heard both, I've only owned gen2, but I'm not the one bashing other ppl either. I'm not acting smart, just wondering how can you make such a statement if you can't back it.

this thread turned to crap real fast :-/

Course it did.

All of these amateurs.

-yawn-

Obviously by respected people of the SSA community who have already tested and compared them, you can already assume by THEIR reviews and their testimonies that the new ones are much better.

Stop being so oblivious and ignorant.

Yeesh.

Course it did.

All of these amateurs.

-yawn-

Obviously by respected people of the SSA community who have already tested and compared them, you can already assume by THEIR reviews and their testimonies that the new ones are much better.

Stop being so oblivious and ignorant.

Yeesh.

Hmmmm, now I wonder, just how did I know you wer going to say that...

So if jimmy can give ashley a orgasm, does that mean you can too?

Look, all I'm saying is, its a personal refrence, just because THEIR reviews says something about a product, doesn't mean you should take their word for it simply because of their status, or w/e the case maybe. Until you personaly have experience with the equipment, you shouldn't pass on information that you only heard of. Just my .02

You need some growing up to do...

Sign in to follow this