Review Criteria

Build Quality

Instillation Ease

Tonal Balance

Frequency Response

Imaging and Staging

Comparison

Build Quality A+

Bar none the best midranges, build wise, I have had the pleasure of holding. The tinsel leads are attached with perfect amount of solder. The cast baskets are a perfect fit, and sexy might I add. The magnets and top and bottom plates are clean and smooth with no hints anywhere of deformities. The cone is very stiff to the touch, I am not sure on the material but it seems to be some type of light weight magnesium material? Surround is a nice rubber material that seem like it would/will hold up under heavy abuse. Rather decent coil diameter (1.5

Awesome :) I expected pwnage of the hd's and I'm glad that's what happened. Hope to see you compete with those someday :D

And yes, I'm not a big fan of the mounting holes (or notches) either.

Awesome :) I expected pwnage of the hd's and I'm glad that's what happened. Hope to see you compete with those someday :D

The word is spelled installation btw ;)

And yes, I'm not a big fan of the mounting holes (or notches) either.

I hope I get to compete too...oh and STFU on the spelling Pennis.

Nice review. Sounds like we should be jealous!

Thanks guys!!

Jntar, your review is dead on bro. Throw in some knophler, or clapton, or dylan and be prepared to be blown away. I have mine crossed at 80hz @12 dB and 2500hz @ 24 db. The thing that brought tears to my eyes is their ability to reproduce female vocals... natural, breathy when recorded as such, raspy in all the right places, oh.... just makes me wanna go for a ride. From Madonna to Ethridge to Labelle, they all just sound as though they are serenading you. My test was the beginning of the Zoo by the Scorp's, any speaker that can plow thru the initial congestion would be the one i would stick with. Ding ding ding...we have a winner. I can pick out every instument at any volume level with out breakup or congestion causing distortion. Kick drums on metallica will get my pants legs moving , I don't feel they lack any bottom end in my setup and at their respective xover points. I have found a couple small spikes in my truck that have been easily removed with my EQ, and overall I think these are one of the cleanest mids on the market. you might get more bottom end with adires or re's, but I will put mine up against anything you want to compare them with.

Jntar, your review is dead on bro.

Wish more people wrote reviews like this...instead of one-paragraph blurbs about the product. This is a real review.

I 2nd the Knopfler comment, and I bet Dave (dire straits-loving lovable SQ thug) would agree heartily as well :D

Dire Straits gets jammed in my ride on a DAILY basis.