jntar

wOOt!!! Seas Lotus RW165 Mids

I have one more layer to lay down on the actual door.  Then 24 hours to dry and the rattle pad goes down, then tomorrow afternoon the Seas are going in and the RTA will be busted out :)

Who's RTA are you using? I would buy one myself, but they're rather expensive. I would just rather pay to rent it from someone.

GL with the install. Liquid deadening is actually fun to me, mat deadening on the other hand...

I have one more layer to lay down on the actual door.

So they are finally installed, and RTA tuned. Time to clean the garage and see if the road noise has lowered.

So they are finally installed, and RTA tuned.  Time to clean the garage and see if the road noise has lowered.

I hate the garage clean part, I just did that myself . How does it sound and how much did you use?

So they are finally installed, and RTA tuned.

Gonna go for a drive, Ill upload the rest of the pics when I get back.

dscf001622mk.jpg

dscf001720ny.jpg

dscf001826cz.jpg

dscf001917me.jpg

dscf002011iw.jpg

dscf002117gw.jpg

looks sweet Justin, but your dirty secret is in fact quite dirty

I know, I know...I really didnt want to drill a hole though. It was just too easy and the wire is fine, plenty of clearance.

why not just run it through the rubber boot?

no cutting...it is fine that way. when I take the 1/0 out it will fit perfectly back into place.

no cutting...it is fine that way. when I take the 1/0 out it will fit perfectly back into place.

wait, thats the power wire???

i thought it was just the speaker wires lol

wait, thats the power wire???

i thought it was just the speaker wires lol

lol x2. I ran my speaker wires through the grommet, but a power wire would never fit through there.

*cough* LAZY*cough*

Get a coat hanger and jam it through the gromet

thoes truck are actually really easy to drill throught the firewall and run wires.

The battery on my 88 is on the passenger side with a convenient grommet going through right nex to the heater core/box. It's huge too, so I could easily run 4/0 through there and have space left over for a couple more runs of 1/0. Then a simple bend up into the glove box where the fuseholder is held.

hmm

1 run of 4/0 with a couple 1/0 runs

Thats a crap ton of amperage

More of a review yet?

Its half written up at home. I will try and finish it up tonight and get it posted.

I want more pics too! YOu're not getting off that easily. No pun intended.

In due time my man, in due time. I have decided to work on the review some more. I am only about 3/4 of the way through my CD and MP3 collection.

i would not like how thoes mids mount. but they look good.

Jntar welcome to the club :domoslay: I have had my Seas for going on 3 months and the only thing I have say is they need about 150-200 watts to get them to really sing. I have mine crossed at 80 on the low side and 2500 hz on the high side and am impressed every time I sit in my truck. What tweets are you using? I have scanspeaks..(alpine F1's) and love the imaging and clarity with the combo. Changed my amps up a little, have a RF Power 800 driving the Seas, a power 500 driving the tweets and my Orion 1200D running the SS back in a sealed enclosure (yes kent, it is back in your box). Been working like a dog the last couple months and haven't taken the time to keep upwith you guys, sorry, but what a nice suprise to see what you are doing with your truck. I DO have a second set of Lotus just sitting here....anyone want them? just hit me with a PM.

Yeah, come on review....I just got mine plugged in last night and have almost the same setup as finebar (except with the Excel), but I want to hear how you like yours!