so say if someone was to buy 8 sa-8's and wants to wire them to 1 ohm... would it be easier to take 4, 4 0hm dvc subs, wire them to 2 ohms, and do the same with the other 4, then wire those positives and negatives to the positives and negatives on the amp? or is there an easier way of doing it? i may not even go with 8 sa-8's but if i do i want to understand how to wire up that many subs, because the most ive ever wired up is 2.

are they single 4 or dual 4 for dual 4 they way you stated will work

Edited by john denver

so you want to wire 8 subs which are D4 subs and you want to yeild a 1ohm load?

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=4&I=42#results

yes this is possible just wire each set of 4 as a 2ohm load then wire both sets in parallel to drop the load to 1ohm

so say if someone was to buy 8 sa-8's and wants to wire them to 1 ohm... would it be easier to take 4, 4 0hm dvc subs, wire them to 2 ohms, and do the same with the other 4, then wire those positives and negatives to the positives and negatives on the amp? or is there an easier way of doing it? i may not even go with 8 sa-8's but if i do i want to understand how to wire up that many subs, because the most ive ever wired up is 2.

Yes, that will work and it's correct.

so you want to wire 4 subs which are D4 subs and you want to yeild a 1ohm load?

if so the best and only configs you can get are 0.5/2/8

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=4&I=42#results

Read the OP, he said 8 subs, wired in 2 groups of 4.

just did! i guess my editing skills weren't fast enough lol! i read his post and thought it read 4 SA-8 subs lol!

thanks for the help guys, i figured i was right, but i just wanted to double check, if i get enough money back from income tax, im going with 8 sa-8's if not, im going with 4 sa-12's, i know the 4 12's is more cone area, but i like the "wow" factor of 8 subs.

thanks for the help guys, i figured i was right, but i just wanted to double check, if i get enough money back from income tax, im going with 8 sa-8's if not, im going with 4 sa-12's, i know the 4 12's is more cone area, but i like the "wow" factor of 8 subs.

good luck and be sure to do a build log!!

good luck and be sure to do a build log!!

i definitely plan on doing a build log, although the build isnt gonna be too fancy, just a box ontop of an already existing false floor, everything else is already done. im just upgrading the substage.