Sign in to follow this  
irie kid

$130 box for Fi Bl 12

Just wondering who can build me a box 2.4 cuft tuned at 32Hz. Argent Audio is barely over my budget..

Carpet and shipped for $130. i live in cypress california 90630. a simple L box with terminals is fine.

like to see some of your work before i choose aswell.

Shipping will be your downfall.. Build your own box, cheap and essy

Why dont you give it a go?

I am sure someone can help you with a design or maybe there is a design in the tech section that will work.

Lowes or Home Depot will make the big cuts for you no charge. You would need a jig saw to cut the sub opening, but you can find one on the cheap at somewhere like Harbor Freight.

Then glue and screw it together.

:fing34:

true ill think about it. either pay the money or build it myself big debate cause if i spent so much on a sub i would want a good box to go with it made from someone who has experience and uses right materials

Putting a box together isn't that tricky. With enough time and the proper tools it will come together well. Designing a proper enclosure for your specific woofers on the other hand is something I have not mastered. Although there are a lot of guys around here that can help with that. Good luck with the build.

yea, build it yourself, i did a box just a few weeks ago for a 15" fi Q, spent about $75 between wood/glue/screws/caulking. add a little extra for how your going to finish the box (carpet, paint...) should be under your $130 budget for sure. Get in touch with bromo for a design, he will help you out with a cut sheet. just remember.. measure twice and cut once. my box was far from perfect, but it works. Also feels great when you do it yourself.

Mike at AMI creations does diy kit for a little under that amount. They even come with instructions on how to put it together.

build it yourself! its fun. im building my first box right now. got a sheet of mdf for $30, titebod II for like $7 or so, and i needed a new blade so $10 there. i almost ended up spending 175 on a box but it sold before i could buy it. im glad it did because i saved a lot of $$$$

You'll learn a lot by building it yourself. It seems daunting at first, but it really isn't hard. And after you do one it's cake the rest of the time.