kryptonitewhite

what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

Or just 48 SA-10s. No big deal. :roflmao:

doesnt that surpass my to-be-determined budget lol

haha yeah most likely man lol. CHeck the vids on the forum somebody, I dont recall who, hit like a 160 and 30hz behind the c pillar with 48 sa-10s.

But on a more serious note, I didnt realize you already had that much equipment. I wish it was as easy as to come on the forum ask how something is done than do it. Unfortunately, it isnt and you might have to resort to the testing that you are trying to avoid. Like i said, unless you have an epiphany about a certain install you should do, you are probably goin to have to test several and see what installs yield the highest scores.

:) right on. I think ill jsut drop the other alt in and be happy. really, I only have two big AGMs and one small, and will have two alts.... it's not made to burp its made to cruise and be somewhat loud and low. If I got 6 more batteries Im sure it would have done better, I have no reserve for 16000 RMS

147.7 23Hz 147.9 24Hz 148.2 25Hz and 26Hz floor

147.7 23Hz hair trick unintentional

put on 148.2 fast forward to 2:50 (notice only the low note is loud, I purposely had the LP set to 31Hz as I only wanted the low note)

132.5 15Hz 136.7 17Hz 140.3 18Hz 142.5 19Hz 143.8 20Hz 144.9 21Hz 145.7 22Hz

22 Hz tune ?

Should go up with the tuning on your next build if you want to hit those numbers.

It will be easier to reach 150 @ 50 hz than 30 !!!

What is your goal exactly ?

um, yeah, it is much easier to get bigger numbers the higher up you go.... Im not chasing numbers to compete, I am chasing 29Hz on down. Numbers is the only way to reference "how loud"

:)

22 Hz tune ?

Should go up with the tuning on your next build if you want to hit those numbers.

It will be easier to reach 150 @ 50 hz than 30 !!!

What is your goal exactly ?

Ground Pounder!!!

YES! well, close... ther's already a ton of ground pounders out there, I want to be a ground shaker or ground wobbler... lower than they are and not near as loud as the trade off

did a 151.4 @25hz with 4 SSA ICON 15's on two Ap30001d's. 5 batteries, one stock alt, and one 120amp alt. In 94 Geo Metro. so around.......

around 2k in equipment including the car :ehh:

you just ruined my day. thats what i started off with. A buddy had a little Geo, I had two Audiobahn 15's sealed... before I knew any better... then I got Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15's and I wanted to wall off his Geo at 20Hz. He wouldnt sell, so i found a Hyundai Accent GT. The motor blew before I could get the wall done.

mach up of the wall to be:

Picture012.jpg

skeleton had a LONG way to go

Picture010.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture004-1.jpg

the avalanches

Picture021.jpg

was to be run off Pete "HexiBase" Kuliki's two XX-Colossus

Picture015-1.jpg

It took us 4 DD 3515"s on a single DD Amp with 4 extra batteries on a stock Alternator. It was in a 2006 Standard cab Ram with a 6th order blow though.

It did 152's at 29Hz and 150 at 22Hz and 150 at 33Hz. :-)

sigh

dare I ask how much that cost to do total? (lie to me. 20k or more would make me feel better)

25 Hz. won't happen in a REX, they need 70's

It took us 4 DD 3515"s on a single DD Amp with 4 extra batteries on a stock Alternator. It was in a 2006 Standard cab Ram with a 6th order blow though.

sigh

dare I ask how much that cost to do total? (lie to me. 20k or more would make me feel better)

Won't lie. lol

Like a total of.... $2,200? You can see video's of it on DD's YouTube.

sigh

Won't lie. lol

Like a total of.... $2,200? You can see video's of it on DD's YouTube.

ugh :(

I've been trying to tell you for years now I think that you've been going about it all wrong.

Are you ready to accept my help?

I've been trying to tell you for years now I think that you've been going about it all wrong.

Are you ready to accept my help?

give me a general run down of what I may be looking at :)

a lot of concrete and thick steel helps , some basic understanding how to shift a soundwave 180degrees helps too , and how to get that at the meter ......25Hz damn thats low !

an spl style box (which is not really a box) or some kind of hybrid horn

where I come from we have a saying : Beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht !

which basically means it better to steel a good idea than to think up a bad one !

so if your not able to make your own plans for an install that will do numbers like this , steel em !(or buy it...probably a little more ethical)

look on the internet and find a car that does these kind of numbers and rebuild that install , sounds easy enough doesnt it ...:peepwall:

hint : 48 SA10's ....

Edited by BASSmaster

It's like pissing in the wind :D

a lot of concrete and thick steel helps , some basic understanding how to shift a soundwave 180degrees helps too , and how to get that at the meter ......25Hz damn thats low !

an spl style box (which is not really a box) or some kind of hybrid horn

where I come from we have a saying : Beter goed gejat dan slecht bedacht !

which basically means it better to steel a good idea than to think up a bad one !

so if your not able to make your own plans for an install that will do numbers like this , steel em !(or buy it...probably a little more ethical)

look on the internet and find a car that does these kind of numbers and rebuild that install , sounds easy enough doesnt it ...:peepwall:

hint : 48 SA10's ....

Thaha die is goed :P nederlanders eh... xD

To complete that mission, you need a good amount of cone area.

4 18 is a good place to start, 4 15's will work too.

And a horn would be huge...

Just use a normal sized box with lot's of port and 22-23hz tune.

Wall off and use the correct techniques to build a good box/wall.

It's like pissing in the wind :D

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

What is the cheapest route to get 150dB at 25Hz? Two hardcore 15's and two SAZ amps, one HO alt and 10 batteries? Small vehicle walled or CRX subs up port back? How much would it all cost? Fiberglass, MDF, 2x4's, all thread, sound deadener, decent looking/running vehicle.

A small vehicle, especially a CRX, is the wrong vehicle for that. I'm not sure why you'd want your goal to be playing a frequency that is found in a handful of songs only, but you're probably best off aiming for a 160 @ 30-35 hz and accepting what you get @ 25 hz. That's what is going on in all the vehicles I know of doing at or above a 150 @ 25 hz. Those vehicles have at least 762 sq in of cone area and 15,000 watts, most have much more of both. They're all in full size trucks too.

I have hit 147db+ @ 27hz with four 10" woofers in a 4 door sedan on 3200w rms...... as well as 143.6db @ 10hz

bet I could have gotten 3 to 5 db more out of it with a bit more tweeking

the install,subs and enclosure are a big part of it but the amplifier (beleive it or not) matters every bit as much

personally I never had much luck doing this with a class D amp..they just don't have it down low

thumper, may i ask wut u mean about class d amps not havin it down low?

and to the OP, like bassahaulic said you've been told for so long ur goin about it the wrong way and been givin ALLOT of advice and chose to go ur way, especially in ur home build. so ur finally wanting help cuz ur way didnt work like u expected, y didnt u just research a little and take the advice and get it right the first time? also if its a daily beater tune a lil higher.......btw im not tryin to be or sound like a dick

I have hit 147db+ @ 27hz with four 10" woofers in a 4 door sedan on 3200w rms...... as well as 143.6db @ 10hz

the install,subs and enclosure are a big part of it but the amplifier (beleive it or not) matters every bit as much

personally I never had much luck doing this with a class D amp..they just don't have it down low

You do realize that 3 dB is twice as hard to accomplish, and 5 db is almost four times harder to accomplish, right? 5 dB is 50% louder. That's more than a little tweaking unless everything was just plain wrong to start with.

Some class D amps (mostly cheap ones) have limited frequency response, but I've never seen one that had greater than a 30 hz limitation. If it wasn't that, it was probably a subsonic filter setting that wasn't right OR was a set figure like Kicker's 25's hz. But again, what actually plays 25 hz or below?

They need 60's, or around 35 works too. Below 34 or so craps out, and there is also a dip around 45 hz.

class D amps are a definate no no for someone like myself who likes to comunicate with whales.....

the further away I go from class D the more impressive the low end becomes

so far I have not found any amp that even comes remotely close to my Crown A3000gti for bottom end...not even close

class D amps are a definate no no for someone like myself who likes to comunicate with whales.....

the further away I go from class D the more impressive the low end becomes

so far I have not found any amp that even comes remotely close to my Crown A3000gti for bottom end...not even close

HAHAAHAHAHA

and to the OP, like bassahaulic said you've been told for so long ur goin about it the wrong way and been givin ALLOT of advice and chose to go ur way, especially in ur home build. so ur finally wanting help cuz ur way didnt work like u expected, y didnt u just research a little and take the advice and get it right the first time? also if its a daily beater tune a lil higher.......btw im not tryin to be or sound like a dick

actually you dont get it. I got a 148 with NO tweaking doing everything you tell me NOT to do. do you really think I am really asking how to redo all this to gain 2 more dB over what i already have without having tweaked a thing or added my 2nd alt yet? I was trying to get you all to spell out how I "should" have done it and what that would cost, cuz I am about done tallying my costs and it's 1/2 of the average guestimates. Read between the lines. I almost did it. 148dB @ 25Hz. And yet youre telling me I did wrong? I haven't even tweaked yet or added my 2nd alt. Am I being redundant? I haven't even tweaked yet or added my 2nd alt. Am I being redundant???

as for the towers, they couldnt have been a bigger success. unfortunately i havent been able to run REW or any other measurement software but if someone sent a mic and soundcard needed on loan, Id take a $200 bet I get well above reference where I wanted it, 10Hz-20Hz, and that with the exception of room modes, suck outs, nulls, and whatever other terrible things a room can/will do, the enclosures themselves have a relatvely flat responce from 10Hz-80Hz as per LFE. apparently you havent seen what the towers do from 10Hz-20Hz, or that they easily get down to 5Hz

You do realize that 3 dB is twice as hard to accomplish, and 5 db is almost four times harder to accomplish, right? 5 dB is 50% louder. That's more than a little tweaking unless everything was just plain wrong to start with.

Some class D amps (mostly cheap ones) have limited frequency response, but I've never seen one that had greater than a 30 hz limitation. If it wasn't that, it was probably a subsonic filter setting that wasn't right OR was a set figure like Kicker's 25's hz. But again, what actually plays 25 hz or below?

I was thinking the same thing *only* 5dB? lol

class D has trouble down low do to the switching of the amp, no? Which is why most have a minimum HP/SSF thats usually not defeatabe?