kryptonitewhite

what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

I been talking to whales since the early 90s

What brought on this thread was yesterday my girlfriend and I started going through my saved receipts, emai receipts, etc. We just finished.

I spent aproximately $10,776.26 on everything but the van, $4070 for the van, ballpark $14,846.26. I spent $15k to build the van.

To date, though this is NOT a competition vehicle, I did a 148.2dB @ 25Hz without the 2nd HO 300A alternator installed and 2nd spool of power wire. No tinkering and tweaking yet.

true, but you said you can reach full excursion at almost any freq, even at tuning. how would you expect more output with "tweaking" and more power? Does not seem like there is much room in that enclosure for gains in the number department.

In all honesty I dont think I will do anything other than add the alt and be happy with what Ive got. After I get the alt in I will go in and TL again, basically see if I get the same scores from 29Hz on down but unclipped this time, and since I will have the other alt, I will do 20Hz-60Hz sweeps and get my peak and burp up there and see what my peak will be. I expect a 154 around 47Hz... just a total guess. Then no more numbers talk, I will jsut enjoy the shit out of it. My front stage alone is amazing. Im finally done tweaking it. I forgot to turn my HP back up on my 6.5's last nite, made a video of thm today. The system does get plenty loud and sounds the way I want it to. I am happy. :)

Read between the lines. I almost did it. 148dB @ 25Hz.

148 still isn't 150 :ehh:

:rofl:

Edited by hondakilla98

I dont really understand this post?! SOO from what i am reading you wanting to just give you a number of what they think it would take to hit a 150 @ 25hz? Is that right? So then you could turn around and say well it took my 15K to do it. Is that how i am to understand this thread!? Either way nice numbers.

What brought on this thread was yesterday my girlfriend and I started going through my saved receipts, emai receipts, etc. We just finished.

I spent aproximately $10,776.26 on everything but the van, $4070 for the van, ballpark $14,846.26. I spent $15k to build the van.

To date, though this is NOT a competition vehicle, I did a 148.2dB @ 25Hz without the 2nd HO 300A alternator installed and 2nd spool of power wire. No tinkering and tweaking yet.

I could EASILY build a vehicle in the mid 50's maybe even 60's for less then half that. :-/

My old Ram did a 147 at 28Hz with 2k and a shitty wall......

I could EASILY build a vehicle in the mid 50's maybe even 60's for less then half that. :-/

:deadhorse:

He won't listen.

Judging by your sig, you don't do mid 150's or 160's, so how can you say you could easily do it, if you've never done it? If you can do it so easily, why haven't you done it?

Again, last I checked 147 isn't a 150.

am I really trying to get a 150 though? Or am I trying to feel people out to see what really is impressive for a cheap daily driver at 25Hz? Cuz over the last few days this has been fruitful. I have found theres always goign to be the rude comments, and the people saying 150 is easy and can be done for $2k, but the majority say 148 @ 25 is very good period, let alone chap, let alone daily driver.

Sure the thread is titled "what will it take to get 150" and if your stuck on that, stay stuck.

I dont really understand this post?! SOO from what i am reading you wanting to just give you a number of what they think it would take to hit a 150 @ 25hz? Is that right? So then you could turn around and say well it took my 15K to do it. Is that how i am to understand this thread!? Either way nice numbers.

:)

thank you

He won't listen.

because I am listening to a wide group of people on a wide range of forums, not four know it alls. Out of every 10 people, I get one or two saying they can do it with two 10's and $2k

the other 9 say its extremely difficult even with 20k and testing retesting

so if youre tired of repeating yourself, please, just move on. I still say thank you, I know youre trying to help, I know youre blue in the face, but youre the minority making it sound easier than everyone else is saying. maybe 9 in 10 are stupid and you are the 1 in 10 that has it fugured out. why dont you cut me as a loss?

Edited by kryptonitewhite

Judging by your sig, you don't do mid 150's or 160's, so how can you say you could easily do it, if you've never done it? If you can do it so easily, why haven't you done it?

Again, last I checked 147 isn't a 150.

:)

it just does not seem remotely impressive to me. seeing that i have built two cars that can do that. for a fraction of the price.

That did 150.3ish at 25hz.

155.xx@42 meter on dash one door open both scores were with a single rd 5750@11.xx volt.

he had around $2500 into that whole setup 2 btls, 1 5750, 6 batteries, wall, and 150ft of 1/0

Edited by JBLCAMRY

it just does not seem remotely impressive to me. seeing that i have built two cars that can do that. for a fraction of the price.

That did 150.3ish at 25hz.

155.xx@42 meter on dash one door open both scores were with a single rd 5750@11.xx volt.

he had around $2500 into that whole setup 2 btls, 1 5750, 6 batteries, wall, and 150ft of 1/0

your systems are based on good install..... the fact that you know how to build a decent enclosure has alot to do with it

The links in your sig to your build aren't working, but I would do a wall in your astro, or 4th order. Again I can't really see your equipment list in your build, but 4 18s and 16kw should be all you need. Why not try a normal ported wall instead of IB?

This thread got long quick, so I haven't read all the posts, but what Fi subs are you using on 16kw? 4 BTL 18s with about 24ft net tuned to 30Hz should really do well for you from my experience- but install and enclosure will seal the deal. You admit your last setup didn't do what you want, before you drop a few thousand on new vehicle and setup why not buy a box design from someone and spend a few hundred in wood? Best luck either way. :drink40:

Tejcurrent, he uses ib subwoofers.

They won't perform properly in a ported box.

Best bet would be to sell it and buy 4 BTL's and try again by using a good ported box.

From someone mentioning IB I was thinking they might be- but with 16kw I wasn't sure. BTLs would make a lot more sense in a vehicle when shooting for good all around output. I couldn't agree more on using a ported box or wall.

It has to be said..

I DO NOT understand your obsession with IB drivers... THEY DO NOT DO WHAT THEY ARE INTENDED TO DO IN AN ENCLOSURE. You could spend 1/4 of what you did on something that will EASILY meet your goals.. YOU ARE TRYING TO COMPENSATE FOR THE PIT FALLS OF PUTTING IB WOOFERS IN AN ENCLOSURE BY DUMPING MORE MONEY INTO SOMETHING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO!

/rant

:WTFBubble:

O.K., I'm completely lost.

You're asking for help again, no problem, I'm sure you can get it from the people on this forum.

What I don't get is WHY you're asking when you seem to have no intention of listening.

I just saw this thread you started: kryptonitewhite's Excursion limo build log

When I ask others to put an effort and take time from their day to help me with a suggestion or problem of mine, I tend to listen to the responses I receive.

One thing I'll say is I do enjoy your topics.

They put a smile on my face and make me shoot beer through my nose if I'm not careful when reading the responses.

It seems you've already made a decision on the vehicle as well as the equipment.

Good luck with that, you're going ported, but still with IB subs that you've repeatedly been told won't the way you think they will.

Am I missing anything?

EDIT: I just saw this thread on SSA.

Edited by cobra93

One thing I'll say is I do enjoy your topics.

They put a smile on my face and make me shoot beer through my nose if I'm not careful when reading the responses.

Then I have succeeded! :)

am I really trying to get a 150 though? Or am I trying to feel people out to see what really is impressive for a cheap daily driver at 25Hz? Cuz over the last few days this has been fruitful. I have found theres always goign to be the rude comments, and the people saying 150 is easy and can be done for $2k, but the majority say 148 @ 25 is very good period, let alone chap, let alone daily driver.

Sure the thread is titled "what will it take to get 150" and if your stuck on that, stay stuck.

I think the better question is why 25 hz? If music doesn't play it, why make it peak there? Is there a new pissing match I'm unaware of about who can peak at the most useless frequency?

because I am listening to a wide group of people on a wide range of forums, not four know it alls. Out of every 10 people, I get one or two saying they can do it with two 10's and $2k

There are people saying they CAN do it, but have they? There are a lot of people that haven't built a thing in their life and think WinISD is accurate.

He won't listen.

the other 9 say its extremely difficult even with 20k and testing retesting

so if youre tired of repeating yourself, please, just move on. I still say thank you, I know youre trying to help, I know youre blue in the face, but youre the minority making it sound easier than everyone else is saying. maybe 9 in 10 are stupid and you are the 1 in 10 that has it fugured out. why dont you cut me as a loss?

Maybe you should at least analyze that 10/10 people that see your wasted efforts suggest going with subs that AREN'T for IB.

I think the better question is why 25 hz? If music doesn't play it, why make it peak there? Is there a new pissing match I'm unaware of about who can peak at the most useless frequency?

Does it matters why he wants it to peak at a low freq? I don't know why you are ranting about it.

He just sets a goal and tries to get to it.

Some people think it's a failiure, i think it's a (expensive) lesson to learn :)