kryptonitewhite

what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

One thing I'll say is I do enjoy your topics.

They put a smile on my face and make me shoot beer through my nose if I'm not careful when reading the responses.

Then I have succeeded! :)

:faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud::faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud: :faintthud:

No, you have not succeeded. Sorry.

Read between the lines. I almost did it. 148dB @ 25Hz.

148 still isn't 150 :ehh:

am I really trying to get a 150 though? Or am I trying to feel people out to see what really is impressive for a cheap daily driver at 25Hz? Cuz over the last few days this has been fruitful. I have found theres always goign to be the rude comments, and the people saying 150 is easy and can be done for $2k, but the majority say 148 @ 25 is very good period, let alone chap, let alone daily driver.

Sure the thread is titled "what will it take to get 150" and if your stuck on that, stay stuck.

I think the better question is why 25 hz? If music doesn't play it, why make it peak there? Is there a new pissing match I'm unaware of about who can peak at the most useless frequency?

Does it matters why he wants it to peak at a low freq? I don't know why you are ranting about it.

He just sets a goal and tries to get to it.

Some people think it's a failiure, i think it's a (expensive) lesson to learn :)

Sometimes some people don't know any better or don't think for themselves, and making them think can inspire their own thoughts, potentially making them realize how dumb of an idea it was.

I think the better question is why 25 hz? If music doesn't play it, why make it peak there? Is there a new pissing match I'm unaware of about who can peak at the most useless frequency?

Does it matters why he wants it to peak at a low freq? I don't know why you are ranting about it.

Some people think it's a failiure, i think it's a (expensive) lesson to learn :)

Sometimes some people don't know any better or don't think for themselves, and making them think can inspire their own thoughts, potentially making them realize how dumb of an idea it was.

It's been talked about at length with him. He wants it because he wants it. You can't argue reason with an unreasonable person, so we've all given up on that front.

It's been talked about at length with him. He wants it because he wants it. You can't argue reason with an unreasonable person, so we've all given up on that front.

True. In that case, I think he should try to do a 150 @ 5 hz instead.

There are people saying they CAN do it, but have they? There are a lot of people that haven't built a thing in their life and think WinISD is accurate.

this one made me lol what is really funny is krypto has said on the roe he sticks with the IB's because in WinISD no other sub comes close for the price. i learned when i was 17 to stop trusting those damn programs, and just build different boxes and experiment, oh and use the right type of equipment. and mind you back then all we really had that was free was blaupunkt box building software.

i don't know if it was krypto's intention but it almost seems like he is fishing for a pat on the back, and a reason for him to feel justified about his build.

True. In that case, I think he should try to do a 150 @ 5 hz instead.

Couldn't agree more. If he doesn't he is a big pussy.

it just does not seem remotely impressive to me. seeing that i have built two cars that can do that. for a fraction of the price.

That did 150.3ish at 25hz.

155.xx@42 meter on dash one door open both scores were with a single rd 5750@11.xx volt.

he had around $2500 into that whole setup 2 btls, 1 5750, 6 batteries, wall, and 150ft of 1/0

Any build thread of that car in the Video?? :)

am I really trying to get a 150 though? Or am I trying to feel people out to see what really is impressive for a cheap daily driver at 25Hz? Cuz over the last few days this has been fruitful. I have found theres always goign to be the rude comments, and the people saying 150 is easy and can be done for $2k, but the majority say 148 @ 25 is very good period, let alone chap, let alone daily driver.

Sure the thread is titled "what will it take to get 150" and if your stuck on that, stay stuck.

because I am listening to a wide group of people on a wide range of forums, not four know it alls. Out of every 10 people, I get one or two saying they can do it with two 10's and $2k

There are people saying they CAN do it, but have they? There are a lot of people that haven't built a thing in their life and think WinISD is accurate.

Yes there is only 1/8th of a percent of all music that has REGULAR content below 30Hz, willi the kid's "love for money", wayne/jeezy/jay-z/kanya "put on" and the remixes. Mansons "nobodies", juvee's "slow motion", plenty more... to answer that I say that is what I enjoy. that is what I like. That is what I spent 1000s and thousands on in home and in theater, and if there wasnt music like that, I wouldnt have anything to play on my HT or my van. If there wasnt music with it, I would have learned by now and retuned.

If I like country, I dont liste to rap stations. I dont tune in to rock stations. Well i play music that has sub 30Hz content because that is what I ENJOY.

next, a LOT of music that doesnt have REGULAR sub 30Hz content still has some in it, you guys dont know it cuz at best you run sealed where the 30Hz on up content overpowers 30Hz on down unless it is recorded hot, louder, than the rest. But more of you are ported, and tuned higher than 30Hz, so the 30Hz on UP is MUCH louder than 30Hz on down, you unload below tunbing, so you have sealed boxes with giant air leaks in them when you play below tuning, so you cant hear the stuff that really is there.

As for Audacity and other spectral analyzing software, when you zoom in on 100Hz down and it shows you PEAK frequency, try running a 10Hz, 15Hz, then 20Hz sine wave once and analyze it with the software. Then you should understand music content with all kinds of stuff happening below 100Hz why you dont notice the subsonic content.

What brought on this thread was yesterday my girlfriend and I started going through my saved receipts, emai receipts, etc. We just finished.

I spent aproximately $10,776.26 on everything but the van, $4070 for the van, ballpark $14,846.26. I spent $15k to build the van.

To date, though this is NOT a competition vehicle, I did a 148.2dB @ 25Hz without the 2nd HO 300A alternator installed and 2nd spool of power wire. No tinkering and tweaking yet.

I could EASILY build a vehicle in the mid 50's maybe even 60's for less then half that. :-/

My old Ram did a 147 at 28Hz with 2k and a shitty wall......

:deadhorse:

He won't listen.

because I am listening to a wide group of people on a wide range of forums, not four know it alls. Out of every 10 people, I get one or two saying they can do it with two 10's and $2k

the other 9 say its extremely difficult even with 20k and testing retesting

so if youre tired of repeating yourself, please, just move on. I still say thank you, I know youre trying to help, I know youre blue in the face, but youre the minority making it sound easier than everyone else is saying. maybe 9 in 10 are stupid and you are the 1 in 10 that has it fugured out. why dont you cut me as a loss?

Maybe you should at least analyze that 10/10 people that see your wasted efforts suggest going with subs that AREN'T for IB.

but thats the point: I break all of their stupid rules, and they are too busy thinking they are always right and hatin cuz I proved them wrong

dont tune below 30Hz for music, dont tune below 30Hz in a car, dont use IB drivers in an enclosure, sure as hell dont port them, sure as sure as sure as hell dont port IB drivers in a car below 30Hz for music, dont give IB drivers rated 550watts 3KW while ported below 30hz in a car for music, dont put your front stage in your roof, dont use expanding foam or duct tape, dont flip your kid off, dont get your alt tested, just dont cuz we say cant and if u do we will call u names and carry on and on and on like we know a thing or two

thank you! thank you! thank you!

I'm all for lowend. I'm working on an llt for my home theater with an 18" aa avalanche in 21 cu ft. But why not use drivers built for what your trying to accomplish? Buy some maelstrom 18" or even better 21". Since you've got the box volume for it. And tune it low.

but thats the point: I break all of their stupid rules, and they are too busy thinking they are always right and hatin cuz I proved them wrong

The funniest part of all of this is that you think you've proven anybody wrong.

To each their own. But don't interpret anything you're doing as "proving" anything other than you don't understand how to consider good advice and constructive criticism when it's given.

You can sometimes make something not designed for a certain application work, but it's often more costly and time consuming then using the right tools for the job, or in your case, drivers and enclosure design.

most of these stupid threads annoy the shit out of me.. this one makes me laugh. Everyone just give him the attention he wants so he can go crawl back in his hole.

this one made me lol what is really funny is krypto has said on the roe he sticks with the IB's because in WinISD no other sub comes close for the price. i learned when i was 17 to stop trusting those damn programs, and just build different boxes and experiment, oh and use the right type of equipment. and mind you back then all we really had that was free was blaupunkt box building software.

I remember Blaubox, I feel old.

Yes there is only 1/8th of a percent of all music that has REGULAR content below 30Hz, willi the kid's "love for money", wayne/jeezy/jay-z/kanya "put on" and the remixes. Mansons "nobodies", juvee's "slow motion", plenty more... to answer that I say that is what I enjoy. that is what I like. That is what I spent 1000s and thousands on in home and in theater, and if there wasnt music like that, I wouldnt have anything to play on my HT or my van. If there wasnt music with it, I would have learned by now and retuned.

If I like country, I dont liste to rap stations. I dont tune in to rock stations. Well i play music that has sub 30Hz content because that is what I ENJOY.

next, a LOT of music that doesnt have REGULAR sub 30Hz content still has some in it, you guys dont know it cuz at best you run sealed where the 30Hz on up content overpowers 30Hz on down unless it is recorded hot, louder, than the rest. But more of you are ported, and tuned higher than 30Hz, so the 30Hz on UP is MUCH louder than 30Hz on down, you unload below tunbing, so you have sealed boxes with giant air leaks in them when you play below tuning, so you cant hear the stuff that really is there.

As for Audacity and other spectral analyzing software, when you zoom in on 100Hz down and it shows you PEAK frequency, try running a 10Hz, 15Hz, then 20Hz sine wave once and analyze it with the software. Then you should understand music content with all kinds of stuff happening below 100Hz why you dont notice the subsonic content.

I use 1/24 Octave TrueRTA to do what you're doing. Everything you listed SOMETIMES goes below 30, and it's usually 25 or 28 when it does it. Well guess what, if you're tuned to 30 hz, you still hear it! Anything you're seeing at 20 hz is a harmonic you won't hear regardless. I recently decided to RTA my home theater because I had a few very apparent peaky spots I wanted to EQ out. 25 hz was 4 dB louder than 30 hz and I'd never thought that because a lot of stuff in movies didn't even go that low for me to notice.

Krypton, you do continue to prove one thing and that is that you have a comprehension problem. Everything else just makes the internet laugh

Helmet on, chinstrap buckled! :drink40::ehh:

When do we get ice cream?

Edited by cobra93

What brought on this thread was yesterday my girlfriend and I started going through my saved receipts, emai receipts, etc. We just finished.

I spent aproximately $10,776.26 on everything but the van, $4070 for the van, ballpark $14,846.26. I spent $15k to build the van.

To date, though this is NOT a competition vehicle, I did a 148.2dB @ 25Hz without the 2nd HO 300A alternator installed and 2nd spool of power wire. No tinkering and tweaking yet.

I could EASILY build a vehicle in the mid 50's maybe even 60's for less then half that. :-/

My old Ram did a 147 at 28Hz with 2k and a shitty wall......

:deadhorse:

He won't listen.

the other 9 say its extremely difficult even with 20k and testing retesting

so if youre tired of repeating yourself, please, just move on. I still say thank you, I know youre trying to help, I know youre blue in the face, but youre the minority making it sound easier than everyone else is saying. maybe 9 in 10 are stupid and you are the 1 in 10 that has it fugured out. why dont you cut me as a loss?

Maybe you should at least analyze that 10/10 people that see your wasted efforts suggest going with subs that AREN'T for IB.

dont tune below 30Hz for music, dont tune below 30Hz in a car, dont use IB drivers in an enclosure, sure as hell dont port them, sure as sure as sure as hell dont port IB drivers in a car below 30Hz for music, dont give IB drivers rated 550watts 3KW while ported below 30hz in a car for music, dont put your front stage in your roof, dont use expanding foam or duct tape, dont flip your kid off, dont get your alt tested, just dont cuz we say cant and if u do we will call u names and carry on and on and on like we know a thing or two

Last time I heard you blew the subs and you don't have properly staged front line.

I use 1/24 Octave TrueRTA to do what you're doing. Everything you listed SOMETIMES goes below 30, and it's usually 25 or 28 when it does it. Well guess what, if you're tuned to 30 hz, you still hear it! Anything you're seeing at 20 hz is a harmonic you won't hear regardless. I recently decided to RTA my home theater because I had a few very apparent peaky spots I wanted to EQ out. 25 hz was 4 dB louder than 30 hz and I'd never thought that because a lot of stuff in movies didn't even go that low for me to notice.

You do know you're ears have a freqeuncy response? ><

And you're ear's roll off at a quite low freqeuncy, about 29-30 or higher or lower, depends on the person.

So still; if 25hz was louder, it could sound quietter then 6db's less on 50 hz.

And most movies i watch, frequencies go below 20hz.(helicopter flying by...explosions...)

You don't hear it because u don't have enough pressure at low freqs, or you're ears are not so good. :)

Edited by kirill007

You do know you're ears have a freqeuncy response? ><

And you're ear's roll off at a quite low freqeuncy, about 29-30 or higher or lower, depends on the person.

So still if 25hz was louder, it could sound quietter then 6db's less on 50 hz.

And most movies i watch, frequencies go below 20hz.(helicopter flying by...explosions...)

You don't hear it because u don't have enough pressure at low freqs, or you're ears are not so good. :)

You're ears roll off around 2 KHz. actually.

You can be right :) (i don't know for sure.)

but there is also a decent roll-off (bass frequencies) below 40-50 hz. :)

Edited by kirill007

It's chin scraps!

It's chin scraps!

:roflmao: I never read the funnies anymore, I just come here!

It's chin scraps!

I haven't seen that video before.

The helmet I was referring to was the Ron White "Color coded awareness system."

It's pretty tame for Ron White.

I don't know how to embed a video, so here's the link.

Put your helmet on!!

I'm on your side Krypto. 150 @ 25hz, most people just don't get excited at that like we do.