kryptonitewhite

what does it take to get 150dB @ 25Hz?

I'm on your side Krypto. 150 @ 25hz, most people just don't get excited at that like we do.

It has nothing to do with being excited, his methodology to get there is what makes no sense. Ultra confused.

Hmmm. Why's everyone gotta hate on the atypical bass addict? Yall hated on my 6th order. Maybe doing it a different way is part of the fun. Consider that?

Hmmm. Why's everyone gotta hate on the atypical bass addict? Yall hated on my 6th order. Maybe doing it a different way is part of the fun. Consider that?

Did you read the thread? No one is hating on his addiction for bass, just his idiotic method of trying to get there. Would be way easier a different way. Problem is he is too stubborn to accept that.

I use 1/24 Octave TrueRTA to do what you're doing. Everything you listed SOMETIMES goes below 30, and it's usually 25 or 28 when it does it. Well guess what, if you're tuned to 30 hz, you still hear it! Anything you're seeing at 20 hz is a harmonic you won't hear regardless. I recently decided to RTA my home theater because I had a few very apparent peaky spots I wanted to EQ out. 25 hz was 4 dB louder than 30 hz and I'd never thought that because a lot of stuff in movies didn't even go that low for me to notice.

You do know you're ears have a freqeuncy response? ><

And you're ear's roll off at a quite low freqeuncy, about 29-30 or higher or lower, depends on the person.

So still; if 25hz was louder, it could sound quietter then 6db's less on 50 hz.

And most movies i watch, frequencies go below 20hz.(helicopter flying by...explosions...)

You don't hear it because u don't have enough pressure at low freqs, or you're ears are not so good. :)

Yeah, I know my ears do, thats why I got it close with RTA and tweaked by ear. My hearing falls off below 30 or so thanks to a system I had some time ago. But even knowing that, 25 hz was RETARDED louder. I still set my stuff up for 20 hz because others can hear it, when I can't at all. But in my check watching a few things, it never saw 20 hz.

blablabla

Yeah, I know my ears do, thats why I got it close with RTA and tweaked by ear. My hearing falls off below 30 or so thanks to a system I had some time ago. But even knowing that, 25 hz was RETARDED louder. I still set my stuff up for 20 hz because others can hear it, when I can't at all. But in my check watching a few things, it never saw 20 hz.

you said 4dB, 4dB isn't RETARDED louder, it's a louder but not RETARDED louder.

And M5 reread page 6, where you even commented and stated he should try for 150dB at 5hz.

(I'm not defending the guy, because i don't know him, i'm just stating facts.)

blablabla

And M5 reread page 6, where you even commented and stated he should try for 150dB at 5hz.

LOL, you didn't read the sarcasm very well. ;)

And 4dB can be a retarded difference. Depends on what levels you are comparing.

Helmet on, chinstrap buckled! :drink40::ehh:

When do we get ice cream?

It's chin scraps!

I haven't seen that video before.

The helmet I was referring to was the Ron White "Color coded awareness system."

It's pretty tame for Ron White.

I don't know how to embed a video, so here's the link.

Put your helmet on!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueTfihcVJlI

Thanks for embedding it for me sefugi!

blablabla

LOL, you didn't read the sarcasm very well. ;)

And 4dB can be a retarded difference. Depends on what levels you are comparing.

I'm sorry sarcasm can be hard to read over the internet :)

True, but at 25hz i don't expect him to be at high levels in a house ;)

160db at 16Hz for a few hundred bucks... I think Wayne Harris is there also...

What is the cheapest route to get 150dB at 25Hz? Two hardcore 15's and two SAZ amps, one HO alt and 10 batteries? Small vehicle walled or CRX subs up port back? How much would it all cost? Fiberglass, MDF, 2x4's, all thread, sound deadener, decent looking/running vehicle.

you are going about it the WRONG way.......most hard core subs peak way to high for your goals

and running class D would take ALOT of power.....

I could easily do it with a four door sedan , four 10" woofers and a Crown A6000gti amplifier.......

the A6000gti would cost aprox $1500 used and the subs would be even less

...you would be looking at about $3,000 for equiptment and materials

None of the D class sub amps roll-off before 20Hz unless it is with an intentional electronic filter. They are also more effecient at 20Hz+ than any A/B class amplifier...

None of the D class sub amps roll-off before 20Hz unless it is with an intentional electronic filter. They are also more effecient at 20Hz+ than any A/B class amplifier...

I have a Crown amp not a typical Class A/B ...it is loaded with Crowns Ballanced Current Servo circutry

someone was making a serious look what I can build statement when they designed it

I have a Crown amp not a typical Class A/B ...it is loaded with Crowns Ballanced Current Servo circutry

someone was making a serious look what I can build statement when they designed it

It's not Class AB. Seems more like G or H, whatever Crown uses in their big pro-audio amps.

you said 4dB, 4dB isn't RETARDED louder, it's a louder but not RETARDED louder

It's VERY audibly different, and in the competition world it can be the difference between 1st and 8th place.

I was testing 128 dB @ 25 hz and still had more volume in it, that's just the reference volume I used for testing. I might have a 130 @ 25 hz in it, the room is 14 x 25 with 2 good sized openings into a foyer and kitchen.

160db at 16Hz for a few hundred bucks... I think Wayne Harris is there also...

Too bad it's not practical, or driveable, or legal for any competition, or built well enough to play for more than 5 seconds.

It's VERY audibly different, and in the competition world it can be the difference between 1st and 8th place.

I was testing 128 dB @ 25 hz and still had more volume in it, that's just the reference volume I used for testing. I might have a 130 @ 25 hz in it, the room is 14 x 25 with 2 good sized openings into a foyer and kitchen.

True, but i don't think you hold competitions at you're house :)

And i don't think people use ears in competitions instead of SPL-meters. (even 0.2db can give you the first place or 3...)

Well i don't think M5 was talking about sub 130dB levels.. more above 150..(but i don't know, i do know that if u get above 150 the difference is much more noticable then from 128 to 132. )

True, but i don't think you hold competitions at you're house :)

And i don't think people use ears in competitions instead of SPL-meters. (even 0.2db can give you the first place or 3...)

Well i don't think M5 was talking about sub 130dB levels.. more above 150..(but i don't know, i do know that if u get above 150 the difference is much more noticable then from 128 to 132. )

You'd think, but you'd be wrong. There is competition among friends. Also, there ARE competitions here, and elsewhere, where they use ears instead of a meter. I don't agree with it, and it's BS, and won't enter one, but they are around. As a matter of fact, a friend in Indiana went to a BIG show like that, that awarded $1500 to the winner, based on ear judge.

Above 150 dB, it doesn't matter what freq you're at, your ear isn't accurate. It's my understanding your ear is doing the equivalent of clipping at that level.

Check out this dude's HCCA's:

My buddy Justin henky does 155.9 at 29hz in a 6th order on 2 stock alts and 2 dc 5k and 2 dc lvl 6v2s