Optimus_Prime

2009 Malibu Build (2 B2 Audio CC 12")

Try stuffing towels or whatever around that box to seal it up from the trunk and see if it makes a difference.

Does your HU have sub level? What is it set on? Where do you have the subs crossed?

Ya im gonna try and seal off the trunk with some sheets towels etc.

Amp I think is set to around 60-70hz with the subsonic is set at 28hz, sub level on H/U is set to +3. HU Xover is set to 80hz.

Try stuffing towels or whatever around that box to seal it up from the trunk and see if it makes a difference.

Does your HU have sub level? What is it set on? Where do you have the subs crossed?

Amp I think is set to around 60-70hz with the subsonic is set at 28hz, sub level on H/U is set to +3. HU Xover is set to 80hz.

Cool. I am thinking it will help you.

I would use one or the other crossover. Turn the one on the amp all the way up and leave the HU at 80 or set the HU through and leave the amp alone.

Using both will give you a really steep slope.

Whats that box tuned to again?

Cool. I am thinking it will help you.

I would use one or the other crossover. Turn the one on the amp all the way up and leave the HU at 80 or set the HU through and leave the amp alone.

Using both will give you a really steep slope.

Whats that box tuned to again?

32Hz

32Hz

Should be fine with that SSF and x'd at 80.

You were wired like this when you had it wired to 1 right?

2sw_2ohmsdvc_2of3.jpg

I know this says 2ohm, but the result will be a 1 ohm load on your dual 1 pair.

32Hz

Should be fine with that SSF and x'd at 80.

You were wired like this when you had it wired to 1 right?

2sw_2ohmsdvc_2of3.jpg

I know this says 2ohm, but the result will be a 1 ohm load on your dual 1 pair.

Ya except each sub had it own + - wires coming from the terminals.

When I wired my friend's speakers for the first time they seemed to be bottoming out really bad and had almost no volume. We checked and rechecked all the h/u and amp settings to see how they were set and everything was fine. We finally decided to pull one of the speakers out of the box to find a wire had fallen out of the terminal of the speaker. Popped it back in, made sure both speakers were wired correctly, and all the volume and everything came back. Maybe that's your culprit? It's worth a shot.

When I wired my friend's speakers for the first time they seemed to be bottoming out really bad and had almost no volume. We checked and rechecked all the h/u and amp settings to see how they were set and everything was fine. We finally decided to pull one of the speakers out of the box to find a wire had fallen out of the terminal of the speaker. Popped it back in, made sure both speakers were wired correctly, and all the volume and everything came back. Maybe that's your culprit? It's worth a shot.

Thanks man but everything is wired good just got done pulling the box and wiring 4 ohms, Im stumped the vids are deff really generous about the flex thats happening, but to the ear its not loud as it should be, the dash barely if at all has any flex and door mirrors barely move. :ughdunno:

Thanks man but everything is wired good just got done pulling the box and wiring 4 ohms, Im stumped the vids are deff really generous about the flex thats happening, but to the ear its not loud as it should be, the dash barely if at all has any flex and door mirrors barely move. :ughdunno:

It could just be the positioning of the speakers and port. I was at a local shop and this guy made his own box and was really unhappy with the output. It was quiet with the car all sealed up, but as soon as you opened the back door, all the sound came through. It was the weirdest thing ever. Try sealing the trunk off or something, that may help.

Here a vid of another malibu he is leaps and bounds ahead of me.

He also has the hatch and door open. :P

Well its getting a lil better with more and more tweaking etc, but my concern is when i wired for 1ohm the unloading problem is weighing heavy on my mind. One thing is for sure i need to seal of the trunk as best i can and do some deadening (car has no deadener at all) , and going to need an alt.

Does your rf amp have a phase dial or switch? I doubt it'll make any difference, but worth a shot :ughdunno:

Doesn't sound right about it unloading, fixed ssf at like 28hz, and box is tuned to a couple hertz above that. hmm

Im not sure if the speaker terminals would matter having 1 (A + -) and a B(+ -) from the internal guts pic of the amp they seem to be not visibly bussed +'s or -'s.

Yeah. Wish you were closer and I could get a listen..

Yea me too, there is no resources out here, for right now I only have Internet help.

Starting to think my enclosure has too much port for the power i am using, does fine at 4ohms and when @ 1ohm there is not much difference in output and experiencing unloading @1ohm and no unloading @4ohms. Amp does 2k @4ohms and 3500@1. :ughdunno:

Found out something interesting today while i was doing dome deadening and sealing with some expanding foam, had the box pulled forward out of trunk sitting on the top of the fold down seats and decided to see what that sounded like. Well it gets pretty loud and when i open the trunk and roll down the windows fucking thing opened up a can of woop ass on my car and instantly was very close to and or right on 146 and some change. Anybody explain this too me I wish i could get it to do that while i have the box where i want it in the trunk firing forward.

Seal off the box from the trunk.

Did I mention, seal off the box from the trunk?

If you are going to forward fire subs in a trunk, you have to seal it off from the rear. No if and or buts, do it. lol

Im working on it, its just a bitch trying to figure out how to effectively do that.

Im working on it, its just a bitch trying to figure out how to effectively do that.

Yup, Yup!

Better you than me. lol

Did some sealing of the trunk yesterday and made some progress!

Did some sealing of the trunk yesterday and made some progress!

thats looking violent!

Looks loud :D

Its getting there its still at the 4ohm wiring so maybe this weekend ill put it back to 1ohm and see what happens. :drink40:

Vid inside the car

Man thats a lot of flex, It better be getting louder...to your ears :D