Optimus_Prime

2009 Malibu Build (2 B2 Audio CC 12")

I'm thinking Dc 5.0 or 7.5k or maybe DDM4a, deff need more batts and alt. I wish SSA made some amps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DDM4a gets my vote.

I don't have any experience with the dc amps but the dd is beast, and dd has excellent customer service.

I don't have any experience with the dc amps but the dd is beast, and dd has excellent customer service.

Im pretty settled on getting the DDm4, looks like it has the capalities to do well at 12v and really comes to life at 14v.

Im thinking 2 runs of flex-a-prene 2/0 should be enough to run from alt to batts in the rear, what do you fellas think.

Im thinking 2 runs of flex-a-prene 2/0 should be enough to run from alt to batts in the rear, what do you fellas think.

I think that is going to be a biotch to run through or under the car. 1/0 might be easier

Here is the equipment I have decided to go with so far, 2 12" DC XLM2, DD M4a, Mechman 320. Still not sure what wire i want to use, I thinking 2/0 welding cable to minimize the number of runs ill have to do and the lugs I use are very thick and don't want to take up to much thread area on alt output post.

Here is the equipment I have decided to go with so far, 2 12" DC XLM2, DD M4a, Mechman 320. Still not sure what wire i want to use, I thinking 2/0 welding cable to minimize the number of runs ill have to do and the lugs I use are very thick and don't want to take up to much thread area on alt output post.

Nice! You are going to want to go back to Sundown once you see their new baskets.

Nice! You are going to want to go back to Sundown once you see their new baskets.

Are they the tc eclipse style baskets,

Jacob hasnt announced specifics as far as I know but he has a patent pending or approved for his basket design. I heard 12-15" this year and 18" next year which will be nuts!

Edited by edouble101

Jacob hasnt announced specifics as far as I know but he has a patent pending or approved for his basket design. I heard 12-15" this year and 18" next year which will be nuts!

Nice, i will have to keep an eye out for em, sounds like a high excursion subwoofer line coming from Sundown.

Nice, i will have to keep an eye out for em, sounds like a high excursion subwoofer line coming from Sundown.

From what he said his design allows no limits on excursion where as typical 12 and 8 spoke baskets do. I am assuming this has a lot to do with the spider size idk. He hinted on 10" spiders on the 18"! Check out his facebook page and his thread on the other forum about 2012 products.

Sick! Thanks for the info, Im going to have to deff check that out, esp since they will have 12's in that style.

Sick! Thanks for the info, Im going to have to deff check that out, esp since they will have 12's in that style.

I just ordered a 18" Z.3, I have a feeling next year I will be buying another one lol.

I just ordered a 18" Z.3, I have a feeling next year I will be buying another one lol.

Sweet! those Z's are beasts.

Sweet! those Z's are beasts.

Skillz, a Team Sundown Russia member has given me some info on the 18" Z that has been very helpful. He has a couple fellas that are running single 18" Z in trunk cars doing 150's on music adhd.gif

Those guys have been doing crazy things for some time, Team Sundown Russia doesn't fuck around.

This enclosure looks sweet, anybody able to break it down for me, im very interested

Looks like a 6th order.

Got some new stuff today.

20120313_143444.jpg

20120313_145111.jpg

20120313_145137.jpg

20120313_145158.jpg

20120313_153926.jpg

Edited by Optimus_Prime

:phatyo: I was waiting on the update, cant wait to see how you compare/contrast them to your previous subs.

phatyo.gif I was waiting on the update, cant wait to see how you compare/contrast them to your previous subs.

I will do my best to review and compare them, although the comparisson part will be quite difficult considering i will be using twice the power this time around and the rf amp only had selectable 28hz subsonic and and iirc a different slope, the new amp will have diff tunability.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Beastly looking XLs... Loved my original pair of XL 12s. Sure you will enjoy those.

Plans for an amp have changed, if you had a choice between Saz 4500d or Dc 5.0k which would be better, and why.

Plans for an amp have changed, if you had a choice between Saz 4500d or Dc 5.0k which would be better, and why.

I had my DC 2.0K installed for two days before it went poof. I had it mounted on the backside of my enclsoure and evidently DC's do not tlike that. I know that the Sundown amps are designed to be resistant to vibrations. So if you are mounting on the backside of your box the Sundown maybe the better choice.

I do believe that the DC's are cheaper, possibly in build quality too. But I love the DC's heatsink. I guess it comes down to two factors: price and mounting location.

I had my DC 2.0K installed for two days before it went poof. I had it mounted on the backside of my enclsoure and evidently DC's do not tlike that. I know that the Sundown amps are designed to be resistant to vibrations. So if you are mounting on the backside of your box the Sundown maybe the better choice.

I do believe that the DC's are cheaper, possibly in build quality too. But I love the DC's heatsink. I guess it comes down to two factors: price and mounting location.

You bring up a good point, and i can't even lie, i too think the Dc is the better looking one, and I have heard that both amps do pretty much identical power @1ohm. And the issue of clips vs screws is where im having too really think this one through, the Sundown deff has the edge with the screws. Im not sure exactly where and how I will mount the amp. Really want some more opinions about which amp i should get, planning on buying on Mon or Tuesday, and I have had experience with the 4500 but Did not have it running long enough to draw any conclusions other than it had no problems playing with sub par electrical, so i never got to see its real potential.