Optimus_Prime

2009 Malibu Build (2 B2 Audio CC 12")

Also trying to figure out if It would be possible to run 3 12's in the trunk somehow.

Quick update, bought a DC 5.0K yesterday, hope it gets here before next Friday before I fly out to San Fran for a friends wedding.

the day i changed my mind you had bought this. lol

Quick update, bought a DC 5.0K yesterday, hope it gets here before next Friday before I fly out to San Fran for a friends wedding.

the day i changed my mind you had bought this. lol

LOL Yup, had cash in hand ready to go finally. I seen you getting close to that 160 mark and loving your amps. I hope this is my ticket to jumping that 150 this time.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

My goal when this is all said and done is to be anywhere from 152-55 that's about all i think i could handle in a daily.

ya your gonna need another batt or 2 to run 5k....

Ya for sure, for now ill just go easy on the gain until i can get a couple xp 3000's and a mechman alt.

sounds like a good plan :)

Also trying to figure out if It would be possible to run 3 12's in the trunk somehow.

well with 3 dual 2 ohm subs you can get 1.34 ohms at the amp...

with 3 dual 1 ohm subs you can get either .67 ohms or 1.5 ohms at the amp...

ya your gonna need another batt or 2 to run 5k....

Ya for sure, for now ill just go easy on the gain until i can get a couple xp 3000's and a mechman alt.

sounds like a good plan smile.png

with 3 dual 1 ohm subs you can get either .67 ohms or 1.5 ohms at the amp...

Exactly what i was thinking, .67 on one amp and if i get the other strap em at 1.5.

Exactly what i was thinking, .67 on one amp and if i get the other strap em at 1.5.

should work perfect. i know steve is running his dc5k's at .5 ohms so you should be good with .67 :)

I just wish we had some shows, and more car audio enthusiasts around here. Nearest events happen 200+ miles from me.

Guess it Should not be hard to get some recognition in my state, if I can pull off some good numbers from a trunk.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Just jumped of my plane and here is what was waiting for me at home.

20120423_225813.jpg

20120423_225921.jpg

I will try and have it installed by this weekend.

If you sell it let me know. Looking for two but are on back order

I will let you know, but it may be some time before I make the decision to sell if i even end up selling.

I will let you know, but it may be some time before I make the decision to sell if i even end up selling.

ha change of plan anyway, I'm selling mine again. I never make my mind up

LOL, whats you looking at the 7.5's or 9.0's

nice amp sir!

Thanks man, Now i need a new box built, Im pretty sure i have hit the limit of its designed purpose.

LOL, whats you looking at the 7.5's or 9.0's

Mmm. Something like that

Need some opinions and input about my current enclosure, seems as if this design has been maxed out as far as using 5krms+ and specs recommended from DC for the M2's any and all help would be greatly appreciated, From what I can gather seems to be a bit over sized for the power i am using.

optimusprime432hz.png

Maybe I missed it, but what score did you reach with your different setups ?

Been metered yet ?

Never actually metered any of them, never built any of my setups for numbers, but my best guess is that they ranged from 45-48.

Messed around with the new setup a bit today, took some video, but my new phone camera sucks, and does not pick up flex at all really. But from what I saw, felt and heard it is deff louder than the previous setup which was expected. What I can tell you so far is that the subs sound really smooth and dig down low with authority and ease, I did get them a lil stinky but no harm done. Hopefully soon i will have more wire runs and batts, as well as a 300 amp alt. For now I am happy with it and it will deff come alive when I beef up the electrical. Oh ya and was really surprised after messing with it for a while the amp was cool to the touch.

Been thinking lately, especially since the new subs and amp are being used in the old enclosure, a new enclosure is in need. Although in my situation the new subs require smaller airspace, and would be a good thing, will using less port area from what i have now affect output, both audibly and the so called quest to a hairtrick, can floater etc. My goal is to get to be a low note monster for daily.

Been thinking lately, especially since the new subs and amp are being used in the old enclosure, a new enclosure is in need. Although in my situation the new subs require smaller airspace, and would be a good thing, will using less port area from what i have now affect output, both audibly and the so called quest to a hairtrick, can floater etc. My goal is to get to be a low note monster for daily.

More port area and more box volume = more efficient. So yes you will lose output and "move less air". How much of a difference would really just depend on how much of a change you are talking about. On the flip side having them in too big of a box will reduce power handling and will cause you to reach the drivers limits more quickly.

More port area and more box volume = more efficient. So yes you will lose output and "move less air". How much of a difference would really just depend on how much of a change you are talking about. On the flip side having them in too big of a box will reduce power handling and will cause you to reach the drivers limits more quickly.

I was thinking of downsizing the chamber a little bit, and keeping the port big as possible.