Optimus_Prime

2009 Malibu Build (2 B2 Audio CC 12")

Man thats a lot of flex, It better be getting louder...to your ears :D

It is especially when i roll down the pass windows.

Im really curious too see what will happen at 1ohm this time around.

It's not that late right now... :P

Sorry man had to go to work, besides the running at 4 ohms is safe for the subs right now, and allows me to hear any progress of sealing up the trunk, for now its getting loud and louder with every time i find something else to seal up, as compared to when i first installed, and the lows are getting more and more vicious and reinforced. Im definitely on the right path. :drink40:

Be sure to seal off the vent in your trunk if you haven't already. You might also have some in the front kick panel.

Sorry man had to go to work, besides the running at 4 ohms is safe for the subs right now, and allows me to hear any progress of sealing up the trunk, for now its getting loud and louder with every time i find something else to seal up, as compared to when i first installed, and the lows are getting more and more vicious and reinforced. Im definitely on the right path. :drink40:

Be sure to seal off the vent in your trunk if you haven't already. You might also have some in the front kick panel.

Ya found the ones in the trunk they were some big ass 10 x 3 vent on each side, Ill have too see about the other ones you are talking about I bought lots of exp foam and need to get some more deadener on the cheap. :peepwall:

Did some sealing of the trunk yesterday and made some progress!

thats looking violent!

Yup it's getting better and louder as I get closer to sealing off the trunk completely or as much as I can for that matter I have a feeling this will really wake up when I get an alt.

Looks like it's improving for ya :drink40:

Already have some nasty door flex. Hope mine doesn't do that :rofl2:

Now she looks to be getting there. Keep sealing and sealing and wire to 1ohm when you get your electrical sorted out.

I bet it's going to be badass.

The xcons are brutal down low.

Lovely - :wub:

i guess i missed it. Do you have any upgrades for your electrical? extra battery or anything?

i guess i missed it. Do you have any upgrades for your electrical? extra battery or anything?

Yes I have the batts in my sig

They'll slowly get a little louder / lower. But don't expect wonders

lookin' good, keep it up :drink40:

lookin' good, keep it up :drink40:

Thanks man! More pics coming showing how i am sealing up the trunk, just been taking my time to try and seal up every last leak i can in the rear decklid before I put everything back in its place. :drink40:

Should I stay with the Xcons or go with ???????????????????? :ughdunno:

What is your goal with the system? I personally would not switch. To me the Xcon is the best sounding high powered subwoofer. If you are just going for loud there are other subwoofers that could probably do that better than the Xcon.

What is your goal with the system? I personally would not switch. To me the Xcon is the best sounding high powered subwoofer. If you are just going for loud there are other subwoofers that could probably do that better than the Xcon.

Goal was and still is gettin loud , to be honest the thing that has changed is what i feared most getting loud in my particular vehicle without walling, and I still refuse to wall, I may have chosen a sub which is not capable for this application.?

Maybe A Switch To The Zcons? Imo, The Xcons Are A Very Good Driver, They Aren't Prime For Sheer Output Purposes Though.

Well wired back to 1ohm and WOW its pretty damn sweet with lots of air moving and the lows are violent, but unhappy to report that the subs still making ugly noises, but only in the higher bass notes, the lows seem to be under control with no problems and are very strong. This could be attributed to voltage its hard to tell, but it the output and bass gets a bit more cleaner and a noticeable bit of more output was noticed when i put another 200amps on the setup via large charger with 200a start mode, Definitely need to get an alt in the car the amp runs through the reserve rather fast with the stock alt.

Well wired back to 1ohm and WOW its pretty damn sweet with lots of air moving and the lows are violent, but unhappy to report that the subs still making ugly noises, but only in the higher bass notes, the lows seem to be under control with no problems and are very strong. This could be attributed to voltage its hard to tell, but it the output and bass gets a bit more cleaner and a noticeable bit of more output was noticed when i put another 200amps on the setup via large charger with 200a start mode, Definitely need to get an alt in the car the amp runs through the reserve rather fast with the stock alt.

How'd you set the lpf? You said it was set at 80hz? Maybe try dropping it to 70hz or 60hz and see if it sounds any better :ughdunno:

Epic flex, and just two 12" sq drivers :P

Well it was fun while it lasted, pulled the Xcons go and get them guys they need a new home,

Epic flex, and just two 12" sq drivers :P

Yea the Xcon 12's were nothing short of impressive, and i think the install and vehicle definitely are at fault for the change of heart for subs. Sure don't want to beat up a couple of subs that don't deserve it.