Optimus_Prime

2009 Malibu Build (2 B2 Audio CC 12")

lmao...

term_opti.jpg

how did you have "too much" port??? why was this badd??? just curious...

Did some more beating on them today and the harder i beat em the better they get! Had another cars rearview shaking and there is deff more flex in all areas of my car.!

Schweet! Do you have any pics of the subs installed? Video showing cone excursion?

Schweet! Do you have any pics of the subs installed? Video showing cone excursion?

All i got is a pic for now

2011-06-21155827.jpg

Did you get yours yet!

Cool.

Yeah I have mine. Pics in my build log. Its is going to be a few months yet until I have them hooked up though :(

how did you have "too much" port??? why was this badd??? just curious...

Well down low the Xcons were fine but when they played higher they did not like that at all, could hear a bottoming out kind of noise, and that was not gonna work for me, were gettin hot "stinky smells". I was lead to believe by un-named source that I was overdriving the amp or and enclosure design was not fit, and no matter what sub i chose would yield the same problem. But all I can say is they were wrong and the crossbreed SA "Z" subs are more than up to the task and to my surprise keep their composure with clipping, have not smelled them once. In closing I am only giving my experience with each sub, between the two with my given variables the Xcon seemed to maintain sq and authority while dipping low throughout any volume and had cooling issues and produced a distressed noise and smell which was the reason I chose to give them the boot. To sum this up these subs are not in the same class, "Xcon"= Loud with great SQ, and Sundown "Z" = Extremely loud SQ! :drink40:

Woot woot!

I am dying to see an excursion vid!

Woot woot!

I am dying to see an excursion vid!

Sure why not, but what from I have observed the excursion is not the sexzies,t but im sure the surroundings will do it justice!

Have some new subs coming, so I will be selling the Z v.2's if anyone is Interested, pm me 500.00 shipped for the pair!

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Glad to see an update, i see you got bit by the zcon bug.

Glad to see an update, i see you got bit by the zcon bug.

Ya new stuff coming up, new subs are 2250rms, just not what you think. could not pass up the deal i got on my new subs, also hopefully soon some power around the 5-9k range have not really decided on amp yet.

SP4's?

XL's?

XL's?

Did some research i see, and yes sir you are correct. The new xlm2's

Awesome. I am anxious to hear your thoughts on those.

Same enclosure, or going with a bandpass?

Awesome. I am anxious to hear your thoughts on those.

Same enclosure, or going with a bandpass?

Going to put them in same enclosure and finish sealing off the trunk, and finalize the install and see how that goes.

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Been also considering a singer alternator, he can only do a 225 amp for under 400 with lifetime warranty.

Been also considering a singer alternator, he can only do a 225 amp for under 400 with lifetime warranty.

I picked up my Excessive Amperage 200a alternator for $380 shipped.

I picked up my Excessive Amperage 200a alternator for $380 shipped.

Thats pretty much what Mike quoted me 389 shipped.

Alright, amp and subs are sold, so here we go! Decisión time.

Decisions Decisions...

Glad this got bumped! My system will be getting installed in my 2011 Malibu Ltz very soon. I have almost an entire system for mine sitting here. Waiting for a head unit and a few batts and I'll start installing.

I went with a dc power 250xp alt.. $653 out the door.. Ouch! Better be worth every penny.

I can't seem to find many builds for these malibus. Probably start a small build log for mine here soon when I start. Lookin good man.

Going back thru your Build I see you went with the kinetic 1400 under the hood. Im at that point now and was kinda unsure... Now I know ;)

I'm thinking Dc 5.0 or 7.5k or maybe DDM4a, deff need more batts and alt. I wish SSA made some amps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Optimus_Prime

Glad this got bumped! My system will be getting installed in my 2011 Malibu Ltz very soon. I have almost an entire system for mine sitting here. Waiting for a head unit and a few batts and I'll start installing.

I went with a dc power 250xp alt.. $653 out the door.. Ouch! Better be worth every penny.

I can't seem to find many builds for these malibus. Probably start a small build log for mine here soon when I start. Lookin good man.

Going back thru your Build I see you went with the kinetic 1400 under the hood. Im at that point now and was kinda unsure... Now I know ;)

Phuck DC Power. Worst company ever.