Sign in to follow this  
stevo

fi bl 12 on hifonics hfi1500d

hi i want to buy a fi bl 12 maybe with the cooling and flat wind and i wanted to know if i could run it safely with my hifonics hfi 1500d and also the box is 2.8 cubes its all going in a 04 gto and also my headunit is a pioneer avh 3200 and it has this loudness setting should it be off or what should it be on and any help on setting the gain i think the headunit is 4v

Edited by stevo

leave the loud off, same with bass boost. there is ways to set the gain with a DMM, i do mine by ear. the sub should be able to take that amp just be easy with the gain and really listen for signs of stress coming from the sub. also watch your voltage. you didnt mention any electrical upgrades, with 1500 watts you may need a little electrical work. big 3 for sure. take some pics when you get going and post them here, ive always wanted a newer style gto and wondered about how i would fit a sub into it. might still get one some day lol. also i would get all the options for the BL if you plan on pushing it over rated power, wouldn't hurt at all. Other people should chime in and assist you more with setting your gain, im not a pro at that whatsoever

so the bass boost on the amp should also be all the way down and the trunk space in the gto is very very small and i dont have any electrical upgrades but i heard that hifonics are overated and the amp i have will probably only put out about 1300

i couldnt tell you about the amp, dont have any experience with it. bass boost off, yes. you should do the big 3 first off, then like i said keep an eye on your voltage, if its dropping real bad or headlights dimming consider a 2nd battery in the back, or replace under the hood with a real good one. shouldnt need much more than that. be sure to get the box right as that can make or break the system.

i dont want to go for spl just a good daily i had a kicker l7 but it fried so i want to be careful with what i get next my headlights dont dim but when i would but the bass boost down on the amp with my kicker you couldnt really hear the bass

something wasnt set right, from my understanding bass boost on amps isnt good. i dont use it and i get plenty of bass.

so do you think that the bl with cooling and flatwind in a 2.8 cubes box would handle the 1500 good or would i need to go to the btl

Keep the loudness feature off, set gain with DMM and keep the bass boost at 0 if you can. I had a hifonics and for some reason i had to use a little bass boost to get full output.

I doubt you will get even 1300 watts out of that amp, but still plenty to push the BL in that large of an enclosure. Invest in a voltmeter to keep an eye on your voltage at full tilt to see if you will need any electrical upgrades, but you should really look into doing the Big 3

That box is a bit large, but as long as your subsonic filter is set correctly you shouldn't have any problems. Maybe look into getting the 4" coil option on the BL for more power handling.

At what should I set my subsonic filter and what is hyper pole and should I add it to the bl

At what should I set my subsonic filter and what is hyper pole and should I add it to the bl

All of this information can be found on here. You will want to set the SSF a couple Hz below your enclosure tuning level. I would recommend getting the 4'' coil as well.

ok i was tuning my amp with the dmm and i only had to turn the gain 1/4 and bass boost at 0 and it got to 34.6 which is like 1000 some watts and when i had my kicker i had my gain at half with half bass boost im a little confused if i get the bl will it sound to low or how would it sound im a little confused with this dmm thing

Dont use the DMM, just set it by ear. Set your LPF around 60-80hz and your sub sonic filter 2-4hz below the tuning of the enclosure. No bass boost should be used, turn your headunit till about 75% volume wise or the whatever volume you usually listen to your music at. Then start turning your gain up till you see or hear signs of stress on the subwoofer, turn it down some and you will be set.

Dont use the DMM, just set it by ear. Set your LPF around 60-80hz and your sub sonic filter 2-4hz below the tuning of the enclosure. No bass boost should be used, turn your headunit till about 75% volume wise or the whatever volume you usually listen to your music at. Then start turning your gain up till you see or hear signs of stress on the subwoofer, turn it down some and you will be set.

i set it with the dmm now since i dont have a sub yet since the kicker blew but ill set it by ear later once i get the bl

ok i decided i want to go with the fi bl 15 inch but i want to know if anyone can help me with the box i want to know what is the best port lenght and stuff the max depth is 15 and width is 35 and height about 17-18 its going in an 04 gto thats why the box has to be small i would appreciate any help i just want to build a good box for the sub

so do you think that the bl with cooling and flatwind in a 2.8 cubes box would handle the 1500 good or would i need to go to the btl

My team mate runs 2500 clamped to each of his Bl's and has had NO problems!

ok so i ordered a fi 15 bl and im a little confused because everyone tells me not to put bass boost on the amp but with my kicker if i had no bass boost it was not loud at all and also with my 2 12 concepts if i would leave bass boost down it would sound low so what should i do

just wait until you get the sub. install and just play with the settings and from what everyone told you. i know what you mean with the subs not being that loud without the bass boost on. it was like that with my starter system with 2 10" D1 diamonds. when i ordered my fi bl 10" bass boost wasnt needed so i didnt bother. i just ordered a fi bl 15" myself today.

good luck with the install! :drink40:

just wait until you get the sub. install and just play with the settings and from what everyone told you. i know what you mean with the subs not being that loud without the bass boost on. it was like that with my starter system with 2 10" D1 diamonds. when i ordered my fi bl 10" bass boost wasnt needed so i didnt bother. i just ordered a fi bl 15" myself today.

good luck with the install! :drink40:

thanks ill do that what amp were you running btw

ok another question i built my box sub and port back but what would you guys think is best for the gto i also did the big three upgrade and im going to set my gain with a multimeter but what testtone should i use and where could i find it

ok so my hifonics amp has a gain knob instead of a bass boost knob and i was wondering how does it work when i turn it to full does it go to the level i have it set at the amp or it overides it and goes to full gain i just want to know that way i can either remove or leave it i dont want to get clipped signals and also would a cheapo dmm do the same job as a more expensive one

ok i decided i want to go with the fi bl 15 inch but i want to know if anyone can help me with the box i want to know what is the best port lenght and stuff the max depth is 15 and width is 35 and height about 17-18 its going in an 04 gto thats why the box has to be small i would appreciate any help i just want to build a good box for the sub

why dont you just buy my Fi BTL 15"? its less than a new BL?

a box like that is awesome. you can end up calulating your port with your net cubes easily. most guys will run a larger port on the bls typicall 16sq in per foot

however you may want to give it some longevity and set it at 13sq in of port tuned to 35hz

Sign in to follow this