Sign in to follow this  
97T5WAGON

SAKR 12'S

I wish I could help you but I've never had any experience with SAKR... Maybe someone who has will chime in though... GL :peepwall:

Yes, it will work. How well it will work depends on how well it performs to YOUR goals.

:trippy::roflmao:

[/q

whats so funny i was doing a 136 on music with 2 sa-8's in my wagon with 400 watts each . so i think 2 skars with 600-700 each should be able to do 140 on music

Yes, it will work. How well it will work depends on how well it performs to YOUR goals.

Really? I don't understand that... The goals are what he is "striving to do/his purpose"... This is all INSTALL dependant... At least I thought so... :peepwall:

Before this thread takes a turn for the worst, 3.6 cubes will work just fine with 2 vvx 12s. They will be louder than your two sa-8s, assuming you dont do anything extremely wrong as far installation. If you really hit 136 with the two 8s, you should, theoretically, have a good chance at 140. Nothing more to say.

Well he didn't specify what his goal was before i posted. You can make ported boxes that are better suited for different goals. For example, if his goal was a flat response i would recommend tuning lower than what he specified. But since he is going for numbers on music, tuning slightly higher is ok.

Yea man, I understand exactly where you are coming from. But, rather than try to squeeze information out of him, I figured I would answer his question as simply as possible. If he wants better advice, he can add more information.

thanx for the help every 1 but i never asked will this hit a 140 on music into the op asked what my goal was i was asking if 3.2.3.6 cubes was good for them because i only have enough wood for about 3.7 cubes after subs and port

i messed up it was a 136 on burp 133 on music but i still think i t will be close to 140 on music im doubling power and cone

If you're using this for daily, use a little bigger box, more port area, and tune lower. I had a customer very happy with 2.25ft^3 at 30hz for a single 12"er. For a pair I'd do 4ft^3, same tuning, and use 55-60in^2 of port. This is assuming you plan on running rated power to the subs. Using a sub with such a low fs, you're going to have a big peak tuning in the mid 30's...very big, and output will drop below tuning quite a bit. Drop tuning down low and you'll have good extension down to 25hz and really no need for a ssf.

Edited by RAM_Designs