mariobjones

18" AA Havoc in 2002 Grand Prix

Wanting to put a 18" sub in car. I've run into a 18" mayham, but trunk not big enough for the required space to perform. Any inputs on what amp would push this sub, I read the rms is 1250. Trying to finally complete my system.

Why are you trying to push an 18" in a trunk that as you say is "not big enough for the required space to perform". Bump it down to a 15" and you will still be happy. You then can fit the amps and extra batteries in the trunk that you will need. You might even have room to haul things in the back by doing this.

Any amp will power the sub woofer! No such thing as "Underpowering"!

I don't see a ported box for a 18" sub fitting in the trunk, A ported 15" would be pushing it also.

Ok, I also have the option of going with 2 SSA 15 icons. Do you guys think a Rockford t1000 will push them, or would two be the better option? (no experience with these brands) only FI

It was an 18 havoc that I was asking about by the way. The mayham, would be a steal for the price which was offered 250, I know really cheap.

Yeah the amp would "push" them. Why wouldn't it? Icon's are great subs from what i've heard but if you cant fit a ported 18" what makes you think 2 15"s would fit? To be honest, just get 1 15" so like everyone said you have space for amp and batteries and maybe even some cargo space. Just because you can fit it doesn't mean it's the best choice. 2 12's would be cool too.

i have a good friend with a grand prix, you will be lucky to get a 15" in there by itself, 2 15"s i HIGHLY doubt.

@bromo I've previously had 2 15s p3s in car, and it was really hard to fit in car, so I know it'll be kinda tough

Yeah like I said, it was tough, but I think I will have to take back door off this time, and install from back. I'll make a build log of how it all goes you guys. Ive decided to go with the 2 Ssa icon 15s

maybe it will fit if u can build or find someone to build a wall out of your trunk instead of using a box

yea, going in from the back seat is how you will have to do it, or just build it inside of the trunk. i had cut sheets for a single 15" Fi Q to go in my friends car, it would have taken the majority of the trunk. he ended up wanting to keep his 12 and not fool with it. good luck with whatever you do and post up pics, im always trying to convince my friend to go bigger in his grand prix.

@markak134 I've seen it done out here in Houston, but I'm gonna need my back seats lol that is until I get another car, I'll wall it off

@smashedz28 yeah, I will definitely post pics and vids of the build here for you guys. My trunk nearly broke off with the p3s lol, but I know for fact the fi q is louder with the correct power. But yeah, extra trunk space is not a big deal to me, it'll only open for competitions and meets anyway.

Go sealedddd!! It may still be a squeeze with 2 15" Icons but you will be impressed with the output despite being sealed. You will also have a more accurate low end by going sealed. :fing34:

should sound very good

I forgot to post the IMPOSSIBLE.

69e4ba07.png

Was really easy to fit. Have and amp rack now, and putting batteries on sides. What do you guys think? 3.2cbft each box. Waiting on hd cam to ship, so I can do a video of the flex.

I just squeezed in my newly reconed 15" Havoc (thanks again, Nick!) in my '97 Grand Prix and it BANGS off the T1000! The box does take up half the trunk. Still got room in my trunk for my Golf bag or groceries. I unbolted my back seat so it " folds" down. Is that Mayhem for $250 still avalible?

Edited by grandprixpunch

what? where?

But you wouldn't put a 100 watt amp on it would you?..

But you wouldn't put a 100 watt amp on it would you?..

I'm just reading that,and he completely switched what I said. I said amp thatllpush, not power. Any amp can power a sub, but it takes some power to push one. Correct me if I'm wrong.