I'm looking to get a new chevy malibu 2LT with the v6 option to replace my 2004 blazer. i'll be commuting to school this fall round trip 60 miles a day for 4 days. in my blazer that would cost me 50 a week not including any extra driving for work or anything else. Does anyone know any problems with them? i can do a car turn in, gm employee discount and get the other typical deals that dealerships offer and pay about $225 a month for 5 years before its mine. any problems with this idea at all?

the main reason i'm going with Chevy is because i have never not had an american car let alone a GM. dad worked for gm for 20 years and i would only jump to ford if they did something for the same price thats better.

anyone have the measurements of the trunk in a malibu?

Good choice on car bro we need people like to buy american made cars!!

Helps the jobs and helps the economy!

On the trunk measurements one guy on here with two 12inch mayhems in a 09 malibu he would be the guy to hit up, started a post with his videos in it on here couple days ago.

Only imported car is a volvo! China owns volvo now, still made it sweden though isnt that "G"

Edited by Dictator1992

i'm from metro detroit where at least 50% of the working force works for one of the big 3 it seems. my suburb is either doctors, lawyers, or white collar auto workers so its either malibu or fusion. i'm only thinking malibu because my dad worked for them for over 15 years and what not

i do all the towing for a local GM dealer.... i would NEVER own a GM... and never ever ever ever ever never a few of the models.. malibu is one of them

and PS im pretty sure GMs are made in mexico now... i see the train loaded with GM's going north thru texas everyday! and im just north of SA...

Its all preference, Seems right now that Chevy has one of the better warranties around right now, I drive the 2009 4cyl 2lt and have not had one hiccup with it at 45000 + plus miles added 22" wheels without a problem, nice little cruiser not sure about the 6cyl. I like the leather and suede combo in mine black on black interior.

nice! i only want the 6 because i have a 2004 blazer with 190 horsepower and its not enough. my brother has an 09 impala with 210 and its slow!!!!

and also....

Several GM divisions -- Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac and Saturn -- produce a model or two in Michigan.

Metro-Detroit Area:

Buick Lucerne

Cadillac DTS

Chevrolet Malibu

Chevrolet Silverado

GMC Sierra

Pontiac G6

Lansing Area:

Buick Enclave

Cadillac CTS

Cadillac SRX

Cadillac STS

GMC Arcadia

Saturn Outlook

What price range are you looking for? I have heard good things about the v6, bad from the 4cyl.

well, after more thought, amount of money i'm willing to part with a month (i'm 20, a full time student and working 2 part time jobs). I'm now looking at getting the ford focus or chevy cruze. 40 & 42 mpg highway, manual transmission, all power options, and a nice looking car. all for about 18 grand before incentives.

i keep forgetting to look at this thread i made. I'm really leaning towards the cruze because i know i'll get more money off the price than the focu (gm discount, family friend is the saleman, and standing offer of 3500 on my blazer)

basically, i want to go back to a car with trunk so i can get mpg seeing as how i drive to MSU every other weekend to see my girlfriend, drive about 20 miles daily to work every weekend, and the security aspect of having amps and subs hidden in the trunk.

Edited by Mtopper

Love the Cruze's. I test drove one the other day (LTZ) and couldn't believe how nice the are for the price range. What a huge improvement over the cobalt. Good choice!

Fusion, definitely.

I like the cruze too. But IMO it is just to small. I am a rim and big system guy so I fit 22s with no problem and the ride is still really good. Obviously I bought the wrong car for a big system lol but I just turned it into a 2 seater anyways. I would go with a Malibu not only because I have one but because they look really nice, and the warranty helps too

see i like the malibu a lot. but the chevy cruze eco gets 42 on the highway, is larger than the cavalier 2 door i drove (i fit no problem and i'm 6'3") and it has a 6 speed for the "fun" factor as i like to call it. i like sound systems but i'm not necessarily looking for the ground pounder. i'd still throw some large 12 in the trunk ported along with some components up front (maybe Oxygen mids and such if ramrod talks me into it).

i'll post up later on what i end up getting. i've been getting a lot more hours with work lately and a pay raise with both jobs. now making $8 even during the week (getting about 20-30 hours weekly) and then $9.50 weekends getting 25 hours. along with going to school, my free time goes to sleep lately haha.

of course, that money also goes to paying for current gas prices, living expenses, and repairs ( i just had to get some electrical work done, my rear wiper motor was toast and i couldn't get the replacement to work so i gave in and paid the mechanic).

thanks for all your help and such guys