Sign in to follow this  
jmanjr

2005 Explorer Alts

Rob do you by chance have a dual alt setup for a 2005 ford explorer 4.0 engine? I already have a 250xp from you on it now, and Im looking to upgrade!

I was interested in buying that body style Explorer a while back, actually should be quiet simple to add another Alt or two.

I looked to fit two group31s under the hood and 3 alternators. But then I change my mind on rides, and went a different direction.

no way 2 group 31s would fit under the hood without serious mods, Its actually cramped in there, the oil cap is right in the damn way which is why I didnt go the 270xp the case wouldnt fit I was told, but I would love to run 2 alts maybe this time I can get some clearance to get the 270xp on there! I have the eddie bauer which I dont makes a difference, but its a pain to say the least

We are going to do a dual on this at sometime in the future, I just need a vehicle and a couple days to do it... Getting things to work on, is my ONLY holdup to doing new products.. It will come and hopefully sometime soon!

Sign in to follow this