juan

Which should i get Damp or Damp Pro?

I have an 02 gmc extended cab truck. Im currently running two AQHDC3 10s powered by an saz3000d and will be installing a sax100.4 later. Right now im getting lots of roof flex and rattling. Was curious which I should get if only running the amount of said power? Also how many layers and where.

Edited by juan

Apparently roof flex cannot be stopped by deadener... You need to "brace" the roof to effectively stop the flexing... Rattles and vibrating are a different story...

Indeed, better ways to stop flex. When you are ready for deadener though I recommend SDS. (Link in my sig)

If you are getting significant roof flex your best option is bracing rather than damping.

As for rattles......it depends on what's rattling and why. If you are getting rattling from, for example, plastic panels vibrating against each other you would want to isolate them with foam.

So, really, we need more info about the problems you are trying to fix.

Getting a lot of flexing and rattling from the roof. I can raise the volume up and hold my hand against the roof and the noise leaves about 80%. Im also getting some panel vibrations.

Getting a lot of flexing and rattling from the roof. I can raise the volume up and hold my hand against the roof and the noise leaves about 80%. Im also getting some panel vibrations.

Are you putting your hand on the roof or the headliner? Where are the rattles coming from?

On Chevy's from that era, there are two metal layers of the roof. A thin inner layer, which is the issue, and the outer skin.

We have had much success buy layering deadener on that inner layer, as it's the only real option.

Putting my hand on the head liner applying pressure, and the rattles are coming from the plastic panels.

On Chevy's from that era, there are two metal layers of the roof. A thin inner layer, which is the issue, and the outer skin.

We have had much success buy layering deadener on that inner layer, as it's the only real option.

That's interesting. Is there any space between the inner sheet metal and the headliner?