BMAN

CVR 15's at 50hz?

I'm gonna be helping a friend build a box for 2 cvr 15's. It will be in the trunk of a 4 door saturn ported through the rear deck. I haven't played with cvr's much so im not too sure how to get the most out of them. Space is limited so i was thinking maybe 7 cubes with 112" of port tuned around 50. Starting it this weekend and could really use some help. Anybody have experience with these subs in different boxes?

If you port at fifty, bass won't happen anywhere near that car.

Why do you want to do 50Hz tuning?

I was thinking that since its going to be a small box that i should tune higher and he likes a lot of rock music too. What about 40hz and a little less port?

I was thinking that since its going to be a small box that i should tune higher and he likes a lot of rock music too. What about 40hz and a little less port?

what about 35hz and go with big port area.

No, tune around 35Hz.

What are the other specs on the box?

What is with all the bogus recommendations for such low tuning. That is not a solution for everyone. The OP's application sounds like something in the high 30's could be very beneficial to meeting his goals. I agree 50Hz is absurd, but less so than 25Hz which was also recommended :( :( :(

i did a box along time ago for 2 12" CVR's tuned at i think it was 38hz. sounded pretty damn good for kicker if you ask me. running off a audiopipe 1500 @ 1 ohm (little overpowered so what). my .02 cents.

edit: in a trunk car cant remember the box volume at all, i used what kicker recommended.

Edited by smashedz28

A friend of mine recently purchased two Comp 12s. After building a few different boxes to test different scenarios, the best performances was ported at 40 hz. The drivers had sufficient output while retaining quality at the same time. Personally, I think tuning from 38-40 hz will be most beneficial. Good Luck

I've built a few boxes tuned in the high 40's and they did great on rap and rock. I was talking to him a little more today and he said he will be playing both rap and rock (mostly rap), so it will probrably be tuned 38 and if he's not happy then we'll just have to play around with a couple different ports and see what he likes best. Thanks for all the input

Edited by BMAN