Sign in to follow this  
An-i-no

SA-12's One with cooling ring one without.

Hello SSA, I was pulling my woofers out to look at like I do every once in awhile since they aren't installed yet, and I noticed (not for the first time, but was reminded) that one has the cooling ring with "Sundown Audio" incribed and the other does not. (It has three holes which I assume are for the same purpose) I was wondering if that would cause problems later down the road or if it significantly affects power handling?

I've been meaning to Email Jacob but haven't gotten to it, and I know that'll probably be everyone's answer but I just wanted to ask here. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: A little background info. One was bought sometime in...October I think from Woofersetc.com's ebay page during the "Great SA-Shortage" as I have dubbed it, between the time that the upgrades and SA-15's were being built/developed if anyone remembers. The second I got just a month ago from S.DeYoung on the classifieds here.

The one WITH the cooling ring reads "Tested 12-10-10" The one WITHOUT reads "Tested 9-15-10" if that means anything.

Edited by An-i-no

There is no issue mixing them together. The ring does increase thermal power handling a bit but it's not something that is going to create a problem for you.

Sign in to follow this