Deebo16

amp/component advice

What's going on. I'm looking for some advice. I have been looking at Elemental Designs 6000s comp and 9.2 amp. Does anyone have any experience with them or have any advice they want to give to me about them cause I have seen mixed feelings between forums. Thanks for the help.

What's going on.  I'm looking for some advice.  I have been looking at Elemental Designs 6000s comp and 9.2 amp.  Does anyone have any experience with them or have any advice they want to give to me about them cause I have seen mixed feelings between forums.  Thanks for the help.

9.2 is good i liked myne alot

dunno about the edi's

The components are the same as CDT.

Check out www.alteraudiousa.com and see what they have to offer.

Like a US amps/CDT speaker combo ;)

yea I was looking at the groupbuy, just wasn't sure which one to go with. I don't have much money right now, wanted to see what was out and found the ed 6000s and amp combo. Looking for something more SQ and that is not really harsh on my ears. I've heard old Diamond Audio HEX 600s and loved how they sounded. Any suggestions?

well how much do you have to spend? lets go from there.

i would pm upstage audio here about the quality of the CDT's you are looking at. hes got tons of experience with CDT.

i would pm upstage audio here about the quality of the CDT's you are looking at. hes got tons of experience with CDT.

Upstage is the guy for those...

What are you combining them with and what/where are you going to put them?

Upstage is the guy for those...

What are you combining them with and what/where are you going to put them?

Well I figuring that I want to spend around $300-$350 for amp and components. I have a 1992 Honda Accord. I have no problem only running speakers in the front doors, cause I used to have it run like that in my old civic. For the sub I have a Diamond Audio 1200.1 and I'm trying to decide if I want to go with Splinter Sound RL-p 12 or the Stereo Integrity D2. I'm looking for more SQ, but would like to boom when needed.

Promo #1 IS-2080 CDT-CL62 $305.00

Promo #2 IS-2100 EF-61 $365.00

Promo #3 IS-2100 EF-61 CF $380.00

Or a build your own:

IS-2100 and CDT-CL62 -- $350 **eagerly waiting to be put in your car**

Of course if you buy the Rl-p instead of the D2 you have nearly another $250 to put in your front stage...which I would do (and just did), but I have never heard a D2 so my recommendation is unfair and biased based on being able to spend more on the front stage.

How did you like your RL-p? What size box/type of box do you have for it. Also do you know anything about the CL-62? How well do they sound if you know?

I also plan to keep my factory CD player that I have for right now and was thinking of getting the JL clean sweep. What do you think of the clean sweep or am I just better at trying to find an aftermarket cd player.

Edited by Deebo16

How did you like your RL-p?  What size box/type of box do you have for it.  Also do you know anything about the CL-62?  How well do they sound if you know?

I also plan to keep my factory CD player that I have for right now and was thinking of getting the JL clean sweep.  What do you think of the clean sweep or am I just better at trying to find an aftermarket cd player.

I love my Rl-p it is super clean sounding have it sealed in 1.35cuft but I wouldn't be scared of porting it. In my case I need the trunk space and spare (50k mi / year) and big demo gear to go in the trunk.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=4166

It has been a while since I have heard any CDT's, I have always been impressed with their price performance but I don't feel comfortable responding about how they sound. PM Upstage if you want to know.

As for the clean sweep, I would either do Navone converters http://www.davidnavone.com/ or even better replace the hu. I am sure the clean sweep is fine, but JL is too big IMO so there marketing department has too much pull over engineering. You can tell from my equipment list that I don't often play with the big boys like that. Oh ignore that recommendation, you have a 92 Honda and asked for SQ--you NEED a new headunit!

Well for the headunit I have a radio from a S2000 so it is a new headunit, but I probably still will end up getting a new or used headunit soon. Yea I want my trunkspace too, cause i got kids so if needed, would have to put a stoller in the trunk.

i can vouch for the RLP D2... amazing yo.

also that IS 2100 and CL62 combo would be very nice indeed :)

Yea I think that's what I'm going to go with.  Seems to be a good combo, just waiting to hear from Upstage.

ill get a hold of him for you... hes on usually at nite time.

Well for the headunit I have a radio from a S2000 so it is a new headunit, but I probably still will end up getting a new or used headunit soon.  Yea I want my trunkspace too, cause i got kids so if needed, would have to put a stoller in the trunk.

You can probably ebay that S2000 HU for about what it would cost to get something better (if not more)

if you buy the Rl-p instead of the D2 you have nearly another  $250 to put in your front stage....

The Mag is nowhere near $250 more than the RL-P.

My opinions, well I'm biased in the sub category, but that's not without merit. I've had a Brahma, XXX, W7 and chose the Mag over them all. It's simply a wonderful driver that does everything I need and does it better than any sub I've ever owned.

As for components, I am not a fan of anything from eD, nor am I keen on CDT products, but for the money, and with those combos Upstage has, it's a deal. If you do some searching online, you can find a nice set of Rainbow components for around $150, maybe more or less, but if I personally HAD to buy a premade component set, I would not buy anything else. Even their lowest line can perform with some companies best offerings.

ryan (tirefyr) makes some great points, I think the combo from flakko and upstage is a good deal, I have not heard the CL62's yet so I am not the best resource on them,

as for the RL-p I love mine, I have it ported and pushing a ton of power to it, and I am very happy with it, output and SQ is excellent, and the price was very reasonable

if you buy the Rl-p instead of the D2 you have nearly another  $250 to put in your front stage....

The Mag is nowhere near $250 more than the RL-P.

My opinions, well I'm biased in the sub category, but that's not without merit. I've had a Brahma, XXX, W7 and chose the Mag over them all. It's simply a wonderful driver that does everything I need and does it better than any sub I've ever owned.

As for components, I am not a fan of anything from eD, nor am I keen on CDT products, but for the money, and with those combos Upstage has, it's a deal. If you do some searching online, you can find a nice set of Rainbow components for around $150, maybe more or less, but if I personally HAD to buy a premade component set, I would not buy anything else. Even their lowest line can perform with some companies best offerings.

Sorry, I saw on the web that the MSRP was $519 and went from there. Didn't actually look for one for sale though :P