traks

Small S10 build

Nice!!! Ill get some here in abit. My port and sub is forward at the moment.

thats badass man! any more pics of the setup in the truck? i like to get ideas on box's

edit.. just went through your whole build log, its sick!

Edited by Hostility

Heres a quick one. I rushed forgot to check the batteries before I left the house......... :ughdunno:

The wire behind the driver seat is just extra wire laying there not hooked up. Alot more work to do.

Edited by traks

im lovin the overhead, i would trade my sunroof for one of those kind of roofs in a second! looks dope man

Yup I love it to,so much more light in the S10 with it plus nice to have the extra storage. Still need to get it sanded and painted.

yea i bet, it would be really handy having that bit of storage up there.

nice build gary! but for sure you need more power lol I didn't notice those subs moving to much lol!

yea hard to catch on a shitty camera. but they move pretty good!

Did some trial runs on this box vs. a twin to it in another truck on diff subs to see the diff.Time to build again. New box will be 3.5 and 72sq @35hz.....test test test.

thats why i switched over to aero ports, i got sick of building tons of box's. so I found how i wanted to fire the subs, then i can change tuning and what not easier with aeros, then building a new box.

Yes I have been debating getting some to use for now,then when I get to cutting the truck up I could put them in the wifes car.

Well some more work done today since it was finially nice out. Had the old false floor from the F150 so dont mine the holes in it,they will be taken care of. Still not sure how to secure the battery yet. Hoping to have the box done tomorrow then I can test it and get some trim panels fitted for it. Any who here we go...

DSCI0097.jpg

trimming the old table down,forgot how much room I had in the F150.....sheesh

DSCI0098.jpg

all in....

DSCI0099.jpg

with some weight on it....

DSCI0100.jpg

future goal....clean this up...

DSCI0102-1.jpg

Battery will still be in the old jump seat local...

DSCI0103.jpg

getting there

DSCI0104.jpg

last one for tonight,hopefully will be all together and in tomorrow....then the fun of trim panels and wiring.........

DSCI0105.jpg

Heres the rest for now. I still need to get a trim panel cut to flush the top of the box,mount the crossovers,figure out what to cover or paint it with and do some fine sanding. Also looking at a few other speakers for the dash and doors,new headunit and another run of 0 gauge battery to battery.

DSCI0106.jpg

DSCI0107.jpg

DSCI0108.jpg

DSCI0109.jpg

DSCI0110.jpg

DSCI0111.jpg

DSCI0112.jpg

Heres the rest for now. I still need to get a trim panel cut to flush the top of the box,mount the crossovers,figure out what to cover or paint it with and do some fine sanding. Also looking at a few other speakers for the dash and doors,new headunit and another run of 0 gauge battery to battery.

let me know how you like how that box is. I tried a few same style box but with 2 subs firing to the roof also. Was to much for my roof lol.

I like it. But ya the roof is taking a beating from it. Going to try to get some deadener on it and see if it helps any. Still getting some more gear together and ready for the summer build.

nice box, let me know how you like port up subs forward, i just got done making one that is sub forward port firing to the passenger side.

Ill know more next weekend. Heading to Indy to get metered,hopefully some decent numbers.

nice box!

but can i make a suggestion. see how your amp is right on top of the box! i would highly recommend you use another piece of wood under the amp to prevent unwanted shaking of the amp as best as you can.

for example i have my 100.4 mounted right on my box and ever time the bass hit it would knock my rca out of my amp so i put a piece of wood under the amp with about 8screws holding the piece of wood to the box then 5 screws holding the amp to the second piece of wood! and like magic my rca stay in now lol!

IMAG0155.jpg

i know it looks bad but it helps a lot!! well it did for me!

Yes I agree Crazy. Im making another piece to go along the top of the box to run side to side of the truck for a flush look,then the amp will be mounted on top of that. Still reading up on 4th orders....im ready to cut this truck up I think lol.

traks, for where your battery is in your s10, did you cut the lower half of that plastic panel? i was removing the 3rd seat in mine today making room for the battery, looks like you may have cut it lookin at your pics.

Yes sir. If you look at the first pic in thread 64 there is a good shot of it. I cut it straight across so I can piece it back together to seal it all of and leave the room I need. Also have another from a Y yard for when ever I get to another build.

i do see it now,, how about the jack holder in the middle, looks like you removed that too. was that easier than it looks? i picture having to get some cutting wheel and just hackin it off. but i really havent got into it too much at all.